• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haiku Contest
OP
OP
Tebunker

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I've got the Humble Monthly Keys for BLOPs IIII, and I have no desire to play it, in fact i meant to pause it but they got me in the midst of a move, so I will give it to a lucky purveyor of this thread, without Giftbot, I have decided it will go to a Haiku Competition winner, your Haiku themes are War, Senseless Violence, Nature, Videogames and Football/Soccer. Yes that is random, but pick a them and give it your best shot, I will dole out the key this time tomorrow.

Here is an example.

Swords drawn at Midnight
Winter winds howl over trees
Tom Brady Cheater

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
I've got the Humble Monthly Keys for BLOPs IIII, and I have no desire to play it, in fact i meant to pause it but they got me in the midst of a move, so I will give it to a lucky purveyor of this thread, without Giftbot, I have decided it will go to a Haiku Competition winner, your Haiku themes are War, Senseless Violence, Nature, Videogames and Football/Soccer. Yes that is random, but pick a them and give it your best shot, I will dole out the key this time tomorrow.

Here is an example.

Swords drawn at Midnight
Tom Brady Cheater

For all life on earth
War is boring
So make love last long

Yeah, i'm terrible on Haiku.

Last edited:

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Here is an example.

Swords drawn at Midnight
Tom Brady Cheater

Fighting to keep score
Endless battle, open field
Tecmo Super Bowl

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Here is an example.

Swords drawn at Midnight
Tom Brady Cheater

Arsenal fallout
The legendary league riots
The nature of fans

EtaMari

Dec 17, 2018

Here is an example.

Swords drawn at Midnight
Tom Brady Cheater
A wild Pokemon
Abandoned at the long grass
No-one chooses you

Last edited:

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela

Here is an example.

Swords drawn at Midnight
Tom Brady Cheater

Violence senseless at winter
A holy, nature war feeds
in spite of Medieval football

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Here is an example.

Swords drawn at Midnight
Tom Brady Cheater
Violence, for naught.
Though senseless games are not.
The World Cup may be.

Is violence two syllables or three? If you're doing it by the books, three, but if you're reading conversationally two.

itspants1

Jul 17, 2018
EDIT: Forgot to quote Tebunker original message! Haiku submission:

Bloodthirsty savages
Deflating the night before
Sweet innocent Tom

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tebunker

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Fighting to keep score
Endless battle, open field
Tecmo Super Bowl
A Lonely wild Pokémon
Abandoned at the long grass
No-one chooses you
EDIT: Forgot to quote Tebunker original message! Haiku submission:

Bloodthirsty savages
Deflating the night before
Sweet innocent Tom
You guys all made this pretty difficult, so here are my top three, in order from 1st to 3rd. All pretty Strong. PMS341 got me, check your pms, actually caught me off guard with the final line, it was really well placed and it covers a couple themes.

I may have some things for 2nd and 3rd, but I am not sure, I will dig around. I think we should do more things like this.

itspants1

Jul 17, 2018
You guys all made this pretty difficult, so here are my top three, in order from 1st to 3rd. All pretty Strong. PMS341 got me, check your pms, actually caught me off guard with the final line, it was really well placed and it covers a couple themes.

I may have some things for 2nd and 3rd, but I am not sure, I will dig around. I think we should do more things like this.

This was a great idea and thank you for the 3rd place prize!!

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna put up some random Steam keys. The games might suck. They might not. They might even have been used already. Most likely though, they will suck.

To prevent bots from getting them, the last four digits are one off their actual digits so if you see a 7 the number is actually a 6 and if you see an S the letter is actually an R so RSTL5 is actually code for QRSK4. If it's an 0 than it's code for 9 and A is code for Z

E0ZAX-7WX52-FUD94

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm gonna put up some random Steam keys. The games might suck. They might not. They might even have been used already. Most likely though, they will suck.

To prevent bots from getting them, the last four digits are one off their actual digits so if you see a 7 the number is actually a 6 and if you see an S the letter is actually an R so RSTL5 is actually code for QRSK4. If it's an 0 than it's code for 9 and A is code for Z

E0ZAX-7WX52-FUD94

I managed to grab this one, thanks for Cookies vs. Claus :)

Deleted member 1659

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats. Here's another code:

5P26Y-PWQNC-HUQ0K, refer to my previous post for instructions on how to redeem this.

Deleted member 1659

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be honest, this game is pure trash: DJY57-FN6PW-VG7BD

Replace the last two letters with AC and the code will be redeemed.

Deleted member 1659

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Standard Edition + Additional Content

Post a gif, your choice.

My favourite gets the above via PM.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Standard Edition + Additional Content

Post a gif, your choice.
My favourite gets the above via PM.

karl-pilkington-calling-bullshit.gif

woo

Nov 11, 2017
You've all done very well. [/Young Mister Grace]
I could easily have awarded the keys to half a dozen or more of you but there can be only one.
Congrats taril360dz but that gif is absolutely irresistible! :D
PM incoming.
Commiserations to the rest of you, many of you came very close.
Better luck next time :).

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Since I have already this game, going to give Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Guess the last character missing. It is a letter, by the way.

Deleted member 1659

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK, I'm going to give away a game that isn't complete trash. I won't tell you what it is but it's family friendly and it's educational.

PQ9I5-IBQKQ-JA5Q7 ---> The middle set of digits are all one letter up in the alphabet than the actual letter so the B for instance is an A.

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
OK, I'm going to give away a game that isn't complete trash. I won't tell you what it is but it's family friendly and it's educational.

PQ9I5-IBQKQ-JA5Q7 ---> The middle set of digits are all one letter up in the alphabet than the actual letter so the B for instance is an A.

Got this one, thanks

EtaMari

Dec 17, 2018
If I link my Twitch and Uplay accounts, can I unlink them after?

* After I've read how much personal data Ubisoft want to gather from my account, I decided that it doesn't worth it.
It isn't big deal, I have nothing to hide, but I don't want gaming companies to think, that it is OK to spy on me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.