• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
e7TETSV.png

We're excited to announce Forza Street, available now on Windows 10 and coming to iOS and Android.
s5xukb9.jpg

pPLCC7Z.jpg

A few months ago, Microsoft released a game called Miami Street for PC. It wasn't meant for high-end systems, but could be played on less powerful devices like tablets. Today, it seems like the title has left early branding, embracing a new identity, "Forza Street." According to the team, Forza Street is a "race-on-the-go" experience, confirming prior leaks back in March.
In Forza Street, you enter the street racing scene to win the car collection of your dreams. Pick an event, set your lineup, and race for infamy. Race to collect legendary cars – from classic muscle to modern supercars – turning your garage into a trophy case. The developer also says that Forza Street features streamlined controls which focus on timing. Lastly, unlike the lengthy races found in Forza Horizon 4, you can squeeze in a quick one-minute race.
https://www.windowscentral.com/free-play-forza-street-launches-pc

Download here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-street/9n2r1zmbx1s2?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
don't go in expecting much. you basically watch a video and tap or click at certain points to speed up or slow down.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Once it hits iOS my son probably won't put it down. If it's anything close to CSR racing or Asphalt, they have him hook, line, and sinker.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really see how this diminishes that. It makes more sense to have a mobile title than to not, especially in the sports and racing genre.
It's not about it being a mobile title. It's about it being a mediocre mobile title being rebranded with the Forza name. Doesn't stand up to the quality you expect from Forza titles.

bjamin88

Alt account
Banned
Jul 29, 2018
Any rumours on a proper full fledged Forza Street game? Like NFS Underground... I'm salivating at the thought.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It's not about it being a mobile title. It's about it being a mediocre mobile title being rebranded with the Forza name. Doesn't stand up to the quality you expect from Forza titles.

Depends who you ask.. I guess. It has a 4/5 rating on the Dutch Microsoft Store with some (simplistic) positive reviews written by users.

And a 3.8/5 rating on the US store. And it hasn't even hit iOS and Android yet. It's not for me, I don't see the fun. But somehow others do.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Depends who you ask.. I guess. It has a 4/5 rating on the Dutch Microsoft Store with some (simplistic) positive reviews written by users.

And a 3.8/5 rating on the US store. And it hasn't even hit iOS and Android yet. It's not for me, I don't see the fun. But somehow others do.
the forza name is going to attract the more dedicated gaming crowd. those scores are going to tank, fast. (I gave it one star lol).

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not sure a mobile racing game could really stand up to a console counterpart anyway.

The game is uninteractive and uninteresting, but seems pretty competent. Not particularly damaging to the brand, certainly not more than something like Forza Motorsport 5?

banter

Jan 12, 2018
not being up to the quality standards the series regularly maintains can hurt the overall perception of the brand.
Agree, pile this on top of how they keep adding weird loot box style mechanics and spin to win mini games. The series has been on a downward turn for me for a bit now. Sure, the graphics and physics have stayed up to par, but they're muddying up the experience with things like mod cards in 7. I also don't like how they keep starting you off with loads of money in newer games and giving you tons of it every week for free. I get for end game so you can reasonably build a massive car collection, but starting out should be a struggle and I miss than from older GT and Forza titles.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Agree, pile this on top of how they keep adding weird loot box style mechanics and spin to win mini games. The series has been on a downward turn for me for a bit now. Sure, the graphics and physics have stayed up to par, but they're muddying up the experience with things like mod cards in 7. I also don't like how they keep starting you off with loads of money in newer games and giving you tons of it every week for free. I get for end game so you can reasonably build a massive car collection, but starting out should be a struggle and I miss than from older GT and Forza titles.
Which is ironic since Horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 are the first games in a while to NOT have microtransactions, which forza 4,5,6 and horizon 1,2,3 all had.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Forza bout to become Fable in terms of crappy offshoots diluting the brand. I thought we were past this?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
So, they took that weird game that was originally going to only be on PC despite effectively being a mobile game, and put it on mobile.
Brilliant!

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I'm not sure what a lot of people were expecting. I don't game much on my phone but when I do its only for 10 or so minutes at a time which means that I can't afford to pick up very complicated games. In my opinion it's a really good game for its target audience, which I guess I'm in. I can see myself playing this on the toilet or waiting for the bus. Doesn't involve me having to actually get involved and I can turn it off and put it in my pocket at a moments notice which is just what I'm looking for.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what a lot of people were expecting. I don't game much on my phone but when I do its only for 10 or so minutes at a time which means that I can't afford to pick up very complicated games. In my opinion it's a really good game for its target audience, which I guess I'm in. I can see myself playing this on the toilet or waiting for the bus. Doesn't involve me having to actually get involved and I can turn it off and put it in my pocket at a moments notice which is just what I'm looking for.
Same here!

They are adding multiplayer too, so curious to see how that goes

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Played a bit. I don't hate it, in spite of the freemium structure of having a trillion different currencies. As you'd expect, it plays effortlessly in 4K.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Once I got used to the pacing, I had a lot of fun with this. The game working as a legit free game (without being too aggressive with its hooks, even in later career play) went a long way to helping with that.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Wow this is barely a game. Absolutely no reason to "play" this over stuff like Asphalt 9.