• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
it is saying preload on my uplay account,but the wording of the site clearly says free copy,i guess you don't officially own the game until tomorrow.either way thanks for the heads up.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved every minute of this game. Finally, an open world city game that wasn't goofy. I spent hours just walking the streets listening to people's conversations. The highlight for me was at night when it was windy and raining - this was some of the most atmospheric gaming I've ever experienced.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So what exactly is this promo about? It tells me "thanks for signing up." Signing up for what? I already had a Uplay account.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Looks to be the full game but you have between November 7, 2017 4:00 PM UTC - November 13, 2017 4:00 PM UTC to claim it.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
The uPlay client just says Get Watch Dogs for Free and OP's link claims to have added the game to the library- Thanks!

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Cool. Free is a good price for it. Thought Uplay says it's not available but you can preload it lol Okay Ubisoft go home you are drunk.

Edit - if it's a timed demo of the game that is not so cool. But I would assume it's just 'yo Watch Dogs for free yo'

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
i have just started a thread on the ubisoft site to try and get a definitive answer.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I played this on the PS4 when it came out and loved it, it'll be fun to play again with better graphics and a higher frame rate.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, just grabbed my free copy.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its weird, i own and redeemed the game on steam, but tried to add this anyway and now it makes a second entry in my list and says it is 'Coming Soon' like i can only preload it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Free is the optimal price to experience the first Watch Dogs. A perfectly fine third person shooter with Splinter Cell stealth elements and super tight controls, everything else was just astoundingly mediocre. Definitely worth checking out for the low price of nothin' though.

Oh, make sure you download the mod that re-enabled the graphical effects from the E3 builds.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Clever of them. This would barely cost them any sales by now, but it gives exposure to the franchise and drives people towards their store.

I guess I'll check it out one of these days.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Free is the optimal price to experience the first Watch Dogs. A perfectly fine third person shooter with Splinter Cell stealth elements and super tight controls, everything else was just astoundingly mediocre. Definitely worth checking out for the low price of nothin' though.

Oh, make sure you download the mod that re-enabled the graphical effects from the E3 builds.

Wonder how taxing on a system this will be.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Wonder how taxing on a system this will be.
In my experience having replayed the game with the mod about a year or two ago, almost no different then the unmodded version.
Watch Dogs wasn't exactly a great port when it released but most modern hardware can brute force it and get upwards of 1080p, 60 FPS with the mod enabled.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That early? Ubi probably weren't satisfied with its sales.
I wouldn't really say it's early, the game already has a sequel released and I doubt people are even buying the original anymore. This gets it back into people's minds so that they will play it and maybe be thinking about it when the holiday sales come around and pick up Watch Dogs 2.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It was released about three years ago only. When was the last time a publisher gave away their game this early, completely free?

It's a promotional offer. Publishers have done this before.

Besides, Watch_Dogs has already sold over 12 million paid copies so I wouldn't say they weren't 'satisfied' with sales. If anything it's the second game that you can say that about.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It was released about three years ago only. When was the last time a publisher gave away their game this early, completely free?

They gave away The Crew last year too. Ubisoft does this a lot, actually, I got a bunch of games on uplay for free.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly not worth it, Watch Dogs 2 is one of those sequels that render the original game useless, similar to AC1/AC2, where the original builds the foundation yet it's so boring and bland, while the sequel is "what the original should've been" sorta thing.

That's just me tho, wonder if anyone else shares the same view toward WD.

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, ubisoft's sites are such shite. I can't find a list of the games I have anywhere.

Honestly not worth it, Watch Dogs 2 is one of those sequels that render the original game useless, similar to AC1/AC2, where the original builds the foundation yet it's so boring and bland, while the sequel is "what the original should've been" sorta thing.

That's just me tho, wonder if anyone else shares the same view toward WD.

Well, I like AC1 more...

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Does the water look that amazing in-game? Must be the best looking water ever.
Downloading now.