• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not worth it, Watch Dogs 2 is one of those sequels that render the original game useless, similar to AC1/AC2, where the original builds the foundation yet it's so boring and bland, while the sequel is "what the original should've been" sorta thing.
WD2 isn't free though

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded from uPlay, but it says I pre-loaded it.

What year is this?

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
mCboaR9.jpg
lol

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great underrated game that also looks absolutely stunning with the right mod

Shame about the typically ubisofty deficient writing, but the atmosphere and stealth gameplay made it awesome for me anyway.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly not worth it, Watch Dogs 2 is one of those sequels that render the original game useless, similar to AC1/AC2, where the original builds the foundation yet it's so boring and bland, while the sequel is "what the original should've been" sorta thing.

That's just me tho, wonder if anyone else shares the same view toward WD.

Thankfully i haven't played WD2 yet... so this doesn't bother me at all.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017

Nah. Watch Dogs 1 is a great open-world Splinter Cell game. Watch Dogs 2 is better but far different and more of a fuck around GTA type game.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Couldn't pay me to play that game. I bought it for like 8$ on a Black Friday a year or two ago and only played an hour and I just got so bored. It felt like a crappy version of GTA, but non of fun. Maybe it's because every publisher makes their games like this now, but I can't stand it anymore.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
already have the game,never played it..maybe it's a good excuse to finally install it

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to redeem it via uPlay right now, getting "server is unavailable" errors.

EDIT: Looks like it did redeem properly after all, quitting and restarting the uPlay client says it's in my library and available for preload.

Last edited:

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
It was released about three years ago only. When was the last time a publisher gave away their game this early, completely free?

Three years is a long time. They likely see this as a good chance to get people to their service and maybe get some DLC purchases.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017

Disagree the games are very dissimilar
Wd1 is a third person shooter with light having and puzzle elements
Wd2 is pretty much a very light immersive Sim/ platformer that happens to have guns
I loved both btw

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks OP, just grabbed it. No idea if I'll ever play it, but it's nice to own it at least.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Thanks OP!

Fact: WD1 has the best shooting mechanics in an open world game

I'd put MGSV above it, but yeah, the shooting is really tight.

Nope. Honestly, the two are as different as it gets while still being in the open world genre and having hacking.

TaurezAG

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the heads up OP! Unfortunately, the servers are down for me. I guess I'll have to try again later.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up OP! Unfortunately, the servers are down for me. I guess I'll have to try again later.

If you're getting the "server is unavailable" error, quit out of uPlay and start it up again. It happened to me and it turned out the game did redeem properly, it just took a restart to register.

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Last year I bought it for around $9 during the steam winter sale, but I ended up getting a refund because the game wouldn't play any audio with my surround sound setup. Now that it's free, I've got time to try to see If I can get the audio to work with my setup.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How's the mouse and Keyboard in this? I think i'd prefer to use mouse for the shooty stuff and i remember hearing the car physics were pretty arcadey, but the character movement seems very heavy and i wonder how impactful that would be.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warning! If you see a link on Uplay to download Watch Dogs for free, do NOT click it!

If you click it it will download Watch Dogs to your computer. Spread this to keep your friends safe.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give it another go. I know people have moral standards about the characters they play in a videogame, but I have no issue in playing like Aiden Pearce, a fucking psychopath with a twisted sense of justice and access to guns, hacks and whynot. Setting up ambushes for the crime bosses or whatever was fun as hell.

Then, back at WD2, using guns felt weird as hell and didn't use them along with any killing stuff or devices, except in that mision against the Tezcas. If you played it, you know why.

Oct 30, 2017
I had fun with W_D even though it was completely unmemorable. Aiden Pearce is a super douche with no redeeming qualities and his outfit choice is disgusto-barfo.

Otherwise, it was a competent open-world with a middling-good story.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Wow I ordered the complete edition on PS4 a few weeks ago but I will be getting this to tide me over until I play that version. Ubisoft definitely does not get praised enough for some of its practices sometimes.

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Cheers for the heads up! Always wanted to try this but all the weird DLC stuff put me off. Can't complain for free though.

Oct 25, 2017
My Uplay Library based only on Free Uplay Promotions

Watch Dogs
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell
Assassin's Creed III
The Crew
Rayman Origins
Prince of Persia The Sands Of Time
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Beyond Good and Evil

I guess they are a decent games given that they are Free

Last edited: