• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
In an attempt to make parents of violent teenagers more responsible, the government is considering the possibility to remove financial family benefits for parents of teenagers who are violent at school. The decision comes in a context of social tensions with the yellow vests, and those who support it think it will target negligent parents. However, the decision will have no impact on single child families, who are not eligible for those social benefits, nor families with comfortable incomes.

http://m.leparisien.fr/societe/le-g...ts-des-eleves-violents-09-01-2019-7984869.php

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Removing or diminishing social welfare, in this case financial support, otherwise offered to households and family units that may be experience instability, trauma, emotional and/or physical abuse and dysfunction, will do absolutely nothing to remedy these issues and in most case will contribute to the problem.

Children/teenagers who act out violently do so, in many cases, because of an unstable home life. Increasing financial anxieties is more likely to attitude further instability.

In short; this is dumb a shit.

OP
OP

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing like making it worse for people who already have it hard.

the society in France is really divided and right-wing politicians, in my opinion, are trying to take advantage of it, which also makes alt left and alt wing stronger . Many people assume that violent teenagers are always related to bad parents.

The president recently said French people lack a culture of effort in a context where people who earn barely above minimum wage struggle to just buy food and pay rent.

Oct 27, 2017
The only way to deal with the monster children is to punish their parents.

Laws can't touch children, parents don't care. Can someone write me who and how is supposed to deal with the monster children who do as they please? Beat others, steal, torture animals, destroy property?

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
What a dumb fucking idea. Not like parents with bad teenagers have enough to worry about..

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017

Laws can't touch children, parents don't care. Can someone write me who and how is supposed to deal with the monster children who do as they please? Beat others, steal, torture animals, destroy property?

I'll give you one hint: Taking away their ability to eat anything but the cheapest fast food and limiting the money they got to be able to survive isn't it. As always, the problem aren't the children, the problem are the structures these children grow up in. A total lack of opportunity, of support. Further widening the gap by kicking them even further down the social hierarchy is only going to worsen the societal reasons this would be happening in the first place.

The answer is more education, more personal support and supervision by authority figures they grow to trust, more structures and opportunities for them to learn a job, do sports or do anything that allows them to learn basic social skills they never got from home or in school.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder about the impact this is going to have on those kids who are the way they are due to parental abuse and neglect. Horrible fucking idea.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017

well, for starters you dont dehumanize them by calling them "monster".

Your premise is also flawed, laws can most certainly touch them and parents often do care.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Children are subject to laws, just not the same ones that adults are subject to. Seriously though, "monster children"? They aren't monsters, they are human beings. Human beings are products of their environment, if children are behaving poorly than it almost certainly because their environment is poor. You think that making the environment they live in worse will solve that problem? Or do you just want to see others suffer more?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I really dont have the answer for this one, but it seems like this solution wouldnt be that great. Making parents accountable for shitty kids is a good thing, but punitive measures like this aren't going to affect every family so it just ends up being income discrimination

Oct 30, 2017
I remember back in the day their were some fucked up parents, racist as shit, violent etc. And the kids turned out exactly like them or worse. If those parents were in that situation of this law they wouldn't tell the kids to behave for being a good person but simply behave so they get paid, and if they fuck up the parents would fuck them up. So I don't agree with this law as I feel kids shouldn't be threatened to behave as that can be disastrous.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Cynical part of me thinks this is done to try amd leverage social order and complacency for the next gen.

It may be way too quick of a turnaround from the yellow vest protests, but that's my instinctual thought.

"tell your kids to stop acting out or they suffer indirectly" which can morph into a Pavlovian response.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Parents of violent children are already poor. So they decided to add fuel to the fire? Politicians are fucking idiots sometimes. They come up with solution because i sounded right in their minds. They have no fucking clue what these families are going through, and what needs to actually happen to reduce the problem. Why do we have mass incarceration in the US? They thought by making drugs a much more serious crime people would stop doing it. Why do you think happened? The police abused their newly added power by prosecuting minorities, and filled up prison with people who shouldn't be there. Pushing the country into a crisis. That's because a fucking bureaucratic politicians didn't fucking understand that extreme solution likes these never work and in fact lead to the opposite affect. .

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Remember, the only reason for you to take violent action in the streets against this government is if you are a Russian shill. Not that they are self serving elitists detached from the middle and lower class!