• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
So it's quite an issue right now in my country that is dividing people.
The Late Show Quotidien host Yann Barthes said friday to Trump he's not welcomed in France he can...well...
you can see it here, he spoke in English
https://www.telestar.fr/actu-tv/quo...arthes-reagit-a-la-visite-de-donald-tr-389050

If you don't know what Quotidien is, it's a huge late show that invite a lot of big stars from music, tv show and cinema.
And they talk politics a lot. They are clearly ON the democrats side even if they don't like to say it. But the show is seen as a "political left show" in France.
I'm on the democrats side so i don't mind, they do good stuff to promote feminist, LGBT movement, and each Thursday they destroy our "french 4chan" with a funny sequence.

But when i saw this i felt...kinda bad. I don't like Trump at all but does this mean we need to go to the dark side? So now it's kinda funny because those who're not agree with Yann Barthes are insulted on social networks.

So i wanted to know americansERA opinion on this. Does this happen everyday in USA? We know Trump don't like journalists beside Fox News so...

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't really feel bad about that and I'm not as radically left as most of the people on here. Trump really can go fuck himself

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is a monster.

Fuck being polite about it or tip toeing around it. Treat him as what he is.

A contemptible rat feeding off of hatred and human suffering.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What is up with all the "now now, let's play nice!" posts today. Were you all conscious for the last like forever

Oct 29, 2017
You won't often find people on tv in America so blatantly saying "fuck trump".

But it's a sentiment that's shared by many Americans, and American left leaning late night hosts, sure.

Fuck Trump, he's awful.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Well he's a president elected.
I mean i hate this guy but i don't think that's good.
xEFGNAo.gif

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Won't please somebody think of the racists? D:

The NSDAP was elected, too. Just a few days ago a homophobe & outspoken fascist got elected in Brasil. This is a nothing-argument.

I don't like this argument.
If those politicals movement are elected i don't think that was because Germans were fascist or that Brazilians are actually.

GravisMors

Oct 29, 2017
Telling piece of shit President to go fuck himself is going to the dark side? WTF?

So much for the tolerant left I guess, right?

I wish more news outlets in the US called him out on his shit instead of just letting it slide to then counter argue after the fact.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
You feel bad about telling a piece of human trash to fuck off? The hell is wrong with you?

You don't got to be nice to him and his ilk. This is the same shit we got about being nice to these new Nazis. These people hate me, you think I'm going to be nice to them?

astro

Oct 25, 2017

Elected by a bunch of cretins voting against their self interest, I don't think this has the weight you think it does.

Much of the process electing this man was due to misinformation, out right lies, and manipulation of people's bigotry and petty hate. Telling the result of that process to "fuck off" is a good thing.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you felt bad because they told Trump go fuck yourself? lol why. shouldn't that make you feel good

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like this argument.
If those politicals movement are elected i don't think that was because Germans were fascist or that Brazilians are actually.

....you don't think in a "democratic" election, in which someone is elected to represent the people, that whoever is elected actually represents the zeitgeist of the electorate? C'mon...

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
You feel bad about telling a piece of human trash to fuck off? The hell is wrong with you?

You don't got to be nice to him and his ilk. This is the same shit we got about being nice to these new Nazis. These people hate me, you think I'm going to be nice to them?

I don't like him and i would never vote him.
I'm just asking if this for you is good. Guess it' a yes.

What i don't understand is how this topic is slowly making me a republican fascist pro-trump by just saying i feel bad not for Trump but for Yann Barthes doing this because i thought it was...not smart?

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Putin is a president elected too. In a coincidence they were both elected by Russians. /s

What i don't understand is how this topic is slowly making me a republican fascist pro-trump by just saying i feel bad not for Trump but for Yann Barthes doing this because i thought it was...not smart?

You are not but people on here tend to dogpile. It's happened to me in other topics when one doesn't adhere to the common thought process.

This person is on a comedic television show? I don't see why he needs to be held to any sort of standard besides the normal one you would want such a show to adhere to.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP the dark side for you is a talk show telling Trump to fuck himself? Trump who puts children in cages and panders to bigots? You might want to reconsider what you think of as the "dark side"

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Dumbass Donald deserves no respect.

His office does, but he's disrespecting it simply by showing up to work.

Aug 1, 2018

He might have been elected President, but he was elected by a minority of the electorate due to a lack of participation by the majority of the electorate. His next attempt isn't going to be a walk in the park. And him being Presifent also doesn't negate the fact that he's an absolute piece of shit.

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017
Lol conflating "He was elected" with "he must not be harshly criticized"

Honestly this sort of reaction is just the usual shrinking from conflict thing

Reverse dog whistling

It's literally "this is too direct, too much like unvarnished truth, we need more euphemism here"

Fuck Trump.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Okay i think Era misunderstood the topic

I don't feel bad for Trump. I don't care about this asshole.
I felt bad of the host because for me it wasn't "smart" to do this. That's what i thought.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Why would you ever in a billion years feel sorry for him? Are you joking?

I'm dead serious. Are you doing a bit?

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017

I felt bad of the host because for me it wasn't "smart" to do this. That's what i thought.

Na I didn't mean otherwises in my earlier post, just the way it came across. Maybe it's not smart to do this in a normal society but thanks to Trump, we're not in one. So the rules change. Or whatever

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017

Mang you gonna have to explain what u mean by "smart"

Cause it seems like your perspective-taking here is kinda odd.

Who does this look "stupid" to?

Status
Not open for further replies.