• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This rapper sounds like a racist asshole but I would never wish anyone get criminally charged over song lyrics.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, the lyrics are fucking garbage but where is the outrage of white people about us PoC having shit songs made about us??? I mean look at the comments too...

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
It's an intentional reversal of racist tropes, done to start a dialogue (and more importantly gain attention). Who gives a shit. Bigger story seems to be that European rap continues to be trash.

Glad I live in a country with free speech and the best rappers. USA USA USA.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Me? What are YOU going on about? You are the one saying that it wasn't racist when Hitler genocided slavs and otherwise downplaying racism against Eastern Europeans.

Seriously, I'm out.
Yeah that was pretty fucking disgusting, especially as it was aimed to a person sharing their personal experiences.
Damn, the lyrics are fucking garbage but where is the outrage of white people about us PoC having shit songs made about us??? I mean look at the comments too...

Wouldn't fly in France I assume. You have to take this up with your president..... oh right.

Last edited:

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Still pulled his shit down faster than they did Jones/spencer/every other Person with the same viewpoints on youtube/twitter/Facebook...

Sometimes not even so.

giphy.gif

Oct 31, 2017
Me? What are YOU going on about? You are the one saying that it wasn't racist when Hitler genocided slavs and otherwise downplaying racism against Eastern Europeans.

Seriously, I'm out.

How did I downplay anything, honestly?

You're in this irrational outrage mode and it's ridiculous over this stupid small reaching video.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
How did I downplay anything, honestly?

You're in this irrational outrage mode and it's ridiculous over this stupid small reaching video.
Do you think the discrimination, prejudices and violence white Eastern Europeans in example face is just as condemnable as when it's directed towards POC. I'm not asking which do you think is more common, I'm asking if you see it as equally bad act?

Madjaba

Banned
May 16, 2018
Losing hope in mankind after reading all posts.

If we cant agree that ANY form of hate or discrimination is to be condemned then we re fucked.

We must stop this hate circle guys...

Plum

May 31, 2018
That's a fair view I think

Ah, good to hear. Just a note but I'm not really trying (nor am I in the mood lol) to argue on the wider societal context of this but merely on this specific case alone.

Because it's relevant in my opinion to trying to get some cogs turning in brains in this topic to how offensive artistic content can exist and it isn't literal. As for comparing to other countries, maybe because I disagree with France's use of hate speech here if the artist is credibly attempting to use artistic merit. Why wouldn't I try to say if other countries can do this without complete social erosion and civilization folding on itself, why can't France? They haven't passed judgement yet but I'm going to guess to "make a point" they will hand down some charge. Especially with global eyes on this.

I know offensive artistic content can exist and I know it can be literal, you're assuming a lot of things if you assume I actually think otherwise. I also know that offensive content, especially that which is direct specifically towards a particular ethnic group, can have a damaging effect on society. The French clearly know this as well which is why they're focusing on that in regards to this issue instead of the actual intent behind Conrad's lyrics/video.

Why can't France simply turn a blind eye? I'm not at liberty to say since I'm not French, but they clearly wish to take a hard-line stance regarding any material that can be seen as hate speech or an incitement of violence towards any particular ethnic group. I don't particularly believe that Conrad's video would have been that harmful in the grand scheme of thingshad it been left to relative obscurity (though the rhetoric itself is still disgusting in context) but I do believe that legal and societal precedent is a powerful thing. If France were to set the precedent that speech similar to Conrad's is acceptable due to it being "fictional" then it would undermine their hate speech laws and allow much more harmful forces to propagate under this newfound loophole. Of course the video was found and amplified due to alt-right ulterior motives, I'm not stupid, but this particular cat can not be back into the bag. The French government, therefore, has a choice between undermining their hate speech laws or, as you said, simply giving the guy some sort of charge to make a point.

Still pulled his shit down faster than they did Jones/spencer/every other Person with the same viewpoints on youtube/twitter/Facebook...

Sometimes not even so.

Youtube's a hypocritcal shithole but this particular case was likely due to them not wanting to piss off the French government by hosting French content that had been deemed to be hate speech.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Glad I live in a country with free speech and the best rappers. USA USA USA.
tenor.gif

We must stop this hate circle guys...
So minorities need to stop so, what, they get to be targets with zero recourse? That turn the other cheek stuff doesn't work when people don't even recognize you as deserving of basic rights and decency. The second minorities adopt the attitude that we should all just hug it out is the second things turn real bad. It's not a circle because that implies everyone is giving and getting hatred equally.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Do you think the discrimination, prejudices and violence white Eastern Europeans in example face is just as condemnable as when it's directed towards POC. I'm not asking which do you think is more common, I'm asking if you see it as equally bad act?

Sure

No, the problem is not the video, the problem is you saying that people genocided by Hitler of all things, weren't victims of racism and coming up with stuff such as "ethnic genocide, not racism" to downplay it.

Yeah I created the term ethnic genocide. Come on

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'm sorry but I can't know if you are being sarcastic or something. "Yes, of course" would had been more convincing. Now it seemed like "sure whatever". But okay, why is it so important then that it's not called racism. Why is the disctintion so important when they are equally bad things, perpetuated in same manner. It feels weird to me since where I live the definition of racism also encompasses ethnicity, culture and religion, not just race. Do you also make a distinction between Islamophobia and racism?

Last edited:

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
Clearly dark satire, and also an example of why I tend to fall into the free speech absolutist camp. Give any entity authority to silence speech, even hate speech, and no matter how well meaning they claim to be, they'll find a way to abuse it. Allow hate speech, and leave it up to the people to take action against it using their own free speech/expression, whether it be in the form of deplatforming, protest, or debate. Just don't hand that power over to a fucking institution.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sorry but I can't know if you are being sarcastic or something. "Yes, of course" would had been more convincing. But okay, why is it so important then that it's not called racism. Why is the disctintion so important when they are equally bad things. It feels weird to me since where I live the definition of racism also encompasses ethnicity, culture and religion, not just race. Do you also make a distinction between Islamophobia and racism?

Yeah race based and religious based discrimination are different things that can intersect. If a minority hates a oppressive group because they're treated as second class; that a different situation than two different ethnicities of the same "race" going at it.

Just pretending everything is equally "racist" isn't right.

Madjaba

Banned
May 16, 2018
tenor.gif

So minorities need to stop so, what, they get to be targets with zero recourse? That turn the other cheek stuff doesn't work when people don't even recognize you as deserving of basic rights and decency. The second minorities adopt the attitude that we should all just hug it out is the second things turn real bad. It's not a circle because that implies everyone is giving and getting hatred equally.

Sorry dude I respect every men and women on this planet and I don't care about your stories about thousand years of violence or intolerance.

I m a grandson of an Algerian man and a French woman by the time of the colonies.

They are the greatest heroes, those that achieved To put hopes and love before all this hate.

I'm sorry but I wont shed a tear to those that fight hatred with hatred.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Sorry dude I respect every men and women on this planet and I don't care about your stories about thousand years of violence or intolerance.
I mean, I'm white so I don't have those stories, but yikes. I hope you start caring about that.
Yeah race based and religious based discrimination are different things that can intersect. If a minority hates a oppressive group because they're treated as second class; that a different situation than two different ethnicities of the same "race" going at it.

Yep, well said.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden

I m a grandson of an Algerian man and a French woman by the time of the colonies.

They are the greatest heroes, those that achieved To put hopes and love before all this hate.

I'm sorry but I wont shed a tear to those that fight hatred with hatred.

"I don't care about your story, so here's my story!"

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland

I mean in my experience racism towards racial groups (people with darker skin color) is more common in this day and age. In that way I'd say it's not equal, that's what we probably agree on. But how it's perpetrated is equal. And I'm not talking about "racism" towards the majority, I'm talking about racism towards ethnic minorities who can be mostly white. Someone getting beat up for being Polish or Russian minority is just as bad as someone getting beaten for being black or brown skinned. Both are things completely out of their control too, nobody chooses where they are born or with what skin color. Or getting discriminated in employment. Or having stereotypes perpetuated. Do we agree on this?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
elegant weapon: "fuck UNESCO, I'll define racism."
Is UNESCO recognized as the holders of the only legitimate definition of racism or something? I can't find that on their site where they say "all other definitions are wrong and ours is right". Also, what part of you finds a problem with how Elegant Weapon defines racism (I'll tag him because you did not)? I don't understand where that reaction is coming from inside of you. it's fine to disagree but when you make a comment like that it seems like it has some teeth behind it, like it bothers you more than just a friendly disagreement.

Oct 31, 2017
I mean in my experience racism towards racial groups (people with darker skin color) is more common in this day and age. In that way I'd say it's not equal, that's what we probably agree on. But how it's perpetrated is equal. And I'm not talking about "racism" towards the majority, I'm talking about racism towards ethnic minorities who can be mostly white. Someone getting beat up for being Polish or Russian minority is just as bad as someone getting beaten for being black or brown skinned. Both are things completely out of their control too, nobody chooses where they are born or with what skin color. Or getting discriminated in employment. Or having stereotypes perpetuated. Do we agree on this?

Sure

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Nice! I just often get a bad impression on some threads, when people say that there can be no racism towards white people. It reads as a downplaying the problem of racism. I'd have less issues with it if people said their mind while acknowledging those who suffer from racism or xenophobia (however you want to call it) while being white too. As it's not a shield against discrimination or prejudices. It still happens even on institutional level and still hurts.

Again I'm talking about minorities. Not for myself, as I'm not a minority and definitely not a victim of racism. Also I'm usually talking about white people who are perpetuating it.

Last edited:

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Why not?

Every single time some entitled middle-aged white woman calls the cops on a black person at a BBQ or at a park, it gets a thread here and weeks worth of news.

This guy is calling for racial violence. Why does his popularity dictate how newsworthy it should or shouldn't be?
I'd say that calling cops on a black person in the US is putting them at risk. The risk of something happening to them is greater than something happening to white people in France because of this song. But I don't mind this thread either though.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not?

Every single time some entitled middle-aged white woman calls the cops on a black person at a BBQ or at a park, it gets a thread here and weeks worth of news.

This guy is calling for racial violence. Why does his popularity dictate how newsworthy it should or shouldn't be?
On one hand you described state assisted racial conflict. On the other, you got one dude saying stupid shit. Nothing about that denotes an important difference to you?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm heading to part two now but you shouldn't fret too much over my opinions as much as white on white racism in Eastern Europe which I'm spared from experiencing as an American.
That I'm not fretting over, I still wonder whether you think Nazis are racist or tribalistic though lol. Because if you say I can't have experienced racism since I'm not black and it was tribalism instead (again, no distinction is made there in my country), and we know the Nazis never particulary went for black people, that would mean Nazis were tribalistic as well?
Which makes us calling racists Nazis nonsensical? Yet everybody does it. I think we do for good reason, you seem to disagree.
Good luck on part two then as well!
Well let's explore this a bit, because there is context to this video:

If the guy was doing this for artistic purposes to demonstrate a point, and in an artistic sense he thought it thematically necessary, and intended to shock people as he felt the shock necessary to the processing of his message, why is it treated differently? I'm not endorsing the message of killing babies and he knew there would be backlash, but doesn't it seem like a double standard when it's a black person doing it as far as the willingness to examine context?
I mean the dude lives and was most likely born in France or seems to have ancestry in Cameroon, not in America, so I'm not sure what he's reversing here. The way the picture plays with him abducting the guy, toying with him while he dies, that shit is imagery that doesn't even happen in America anymore. Certainly not in France, where the hatespeech laws are in place. And the killing babies part, as you said as well, was just too over the top.
I'm not surprised the shock was wanted lol.
I'm also not sure what it is treated differently to. Opposed to what? What rap video have you seen where this imagery is even remotely being displayed in reverse, or even one that was treated with lighter hands and reactions than this one? Again, the organization that sued him normally sues far right wingers for hatespeech or the government and companies for discrimination policies/discriminiation at the workplace.
The fact that right wing nuts are attacking him on the internet should surprise absolutely noone, but people in here arguing against him are mostly arguing against people downplaying his statements.

Last edited:

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He should have let the white guy rap so that we could get #bothsides. Joyner Lucas also should have showed up and just cried at the end.

Oct 31, 2017
That I'm not fretting over, I still wonder whether you think Nazis are racist or tribalistic though lol. Because if you say I can't have experienced racism since I'm not black and it was tribalism instead (again, no distinction is made there in my country), and we know the Nazis never particulary went for black people, that would mean Nazis were tribalistic as well?
Which makes us calling racists Nazis nonsensical? Yet everybody does it. I think we do for good reason, you seem to disagree.
Good luck on part two then as well!

I mean the dude lives and was most likely born in France or seems to have ancestry in Cameroon, not in America, so I'm not sure what he's reversing here. The way the picture plays with him abducting the guy, toying with him while he dies, that shit is imagery that doesn't even happen in America anymore. Certainly not in France, where the hatespeech laws are in place. And the killing babies part, as you said as well, was just too over the top.
I'm not surprised the shock was wanted lol.
I'm also not sure what it is treated differently to. Opposed to what? What rap video have you seen where this imagery is even remotely being displayed in reverse, or even one that was treated with lighter hands and reactions than this one? Again, the organization that sued him normally sues far right wingers for hatespeech or the government and companies for discrimination policies/discriminiation at the workplace.
The fact that right wing nuts are attacking him on the internet should surprise absolutely noone, but people in here arguing against him are mostly arguing against people downplaying his statements.

I don't think I've said anything about black people in this thread; at least I definitely didn't say only black people experience racism

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I've said anything about black people in this thread; at least I definitely didn't say only black people experience racism
Then why did you tell me it's not racism when I just said I have white skin colour and people gave me hell for years do to my heritage anyway? Since that line of thinking that racism is something that only PoC can experience is quite prevalent on this board I interpreted your one sentence post like that.
Clearly dark satire, and also an example of why I tend to fall into the free speech absolutist camp. Give any entity authority to silence speech, even hate speech, and no matter how well meaning they claim to be, they'll find a way to abuse it. Allow hate speech, and leave it up to the people to take action against it using their own free speech/expression, whether it be in the form of deplatforming, protest, or debate. Just don't hand that power over to a fucking institution.
Strange they didn't absue it for 70+ years and in some instances longer then. There is no scenario in which hatespeech laws can be abused in a way that theatens minorities or politically opressed. They are too clearly defined for that.
Allowing hatespeech leads to something like America right now. The far right is on the rise in Europe as well, but it's not as bad and I firmly believe it's also becuse of those laws. Deplatforming works.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Then why did you tell me it's not racism when I just said I have white skin colour and people gave me hell for years do to my heritage anyway? Since that line of thinking that racism is something that only PoC can experience is quite prevalent on this board I interpreted your one sentence post like that.

Black people aren't the only people who face racism for their skin color and I never implied otherwise. I did say there is differences in context of why people are discriminated.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I asked him/her 3 times and he/she refused to answer my PM, so I'm most likely right.Most antifas(or whatever you call them) are communist sympathizers.Communism, just like nazism is a cancer to society.

I strongly advise you to not talk about things you don't know anything about. This entire thread just makes you look like such a ridiculously poor person, it's not even funny anymore.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
Is UNESCO recognized as the holders of the only legitimate definition of racism or something? I can't find that on their site where they say "all other definitions are wrong and ours is right". Also, what part of you finds a problem with how Elegant Weapon defines racism (I'll tag him because you did not)? I don't understand where that reaction is coming from inside of you. it's fine to disagree but when you make a comment like that it seems like it has some teeth behind it, like it bothers you more than just a friendly disagreement.

oh I'm not angry but I do have a personal stake in what his definition doesn't consider as racism as it pertains to my own family. like one person's experiences with racism shouldn't have to diminish other peoples' to the extent that you try to rewrite definitions.

"that not racism" is just rude and uncalled for

Oct 27, 2017
So true! Glad someone pointed this out.

Makes you think doesn't it?
It doesn't really. Jones and Spencer and most other straight up racist/white supremacy youtube/social media guys are american and america doesn't have hate speech laws. This guy was french and France has hate speech laws, so if youtube didn't react in certain time amount France would have fined them for a lot of money.

It sucks youtube and other social media platforms are so slow to react in many cases like Jones' but you're looking for a conspiracy where there is none and there is a clear explanation for why they reacted as fast as they did.

Feb 10, 2018
It doesn't really. Jones and Spencer and most other straight up racist/white supremacy youtube/social media guys are american and america doesn't have hate speech laws. This guy was french and France has hate speech laws, so if youtube didn't react in certain time amount France would have fined them for a lot of money.

It sucks youtube and other social media platforms are so slow to react in many cases like Jones' but you're looking for a conspiracy where there is none and there is a clear explanation for why they reacted as fast as they did.

Exactly : two different countries, two different laws so the comparison between Jones and Conrad can't work

Madjaba

Banned
May 16, 2018
I mean, I'm white so I don't have those stories, but yikes. I hope you start caring about that.

You can make a change without to have to repent for things you didn't do. For what I know I'm shocked, stunned by the atrocity that our elders have committed.

But I'm equally shocked by some rhetoric I'm reading here.

Basically, it's "an eye for an eye" but if you do that, then you're doing or saying harmful things to people that have not the choice either to have the skin coulour of ancestral douchebags.

I'm white, I didn't choose to, so I have to be associated to racists, supremacists because they represent a majority ?

So there's a form of hostility that is accepted because you have to even the odds and the other will have to wait ? We can't fight every form of intolerance under the same banner ? Why ?

"I don't care about your story, so here's my story!"

It is a story about hope and love, I'm sure it's far more needed that some of the messages of pure and sometimes non dissimilated hatred that I've came across on this topic may it be toward black or white people.

You don't think that we could do way better with each others if we started to talk about what we have in common instead of what our (basics as skin colour) differences are ?

Come on guys...

Thunder

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I go into a nursery and kill white babies, catch them fast and hang their parents, quarter them to pass the time, entertain the black kids of all ages, young and old. Whip them hard, do it so that it stinks of death, and blood gushes

indefensible lyrics saying that in any modern society will get you investigated regardless of race , hope the fool learns his lesson on being racist

Jul 3, 2018
This is why hate speech laws are heavy handed authoritarian nonsense quite often.

If you ignore context of anything you can make it whatever you want. The only thing that's ever amusing on Era is how people apply the context argument depending on whether they like or agree with the source. That's not how that works. Objective honesty is what is important not opinions. This isn't a legit call to kill white people, it's an edgy rap.

Good thing I'm consistent. Unless the guy is posing an actual threat or a serious call to violence, wasting money, resources and so on, on this, is a media circus and a waste of time. Let YouTube kick it if they want and people call him a twat, but save the hyperbole and Government intervention please.

All your posts here are Gold Medal winning Mental Gymnastics, you are too good.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
You can make a change without to have to repent for things you didn't do. For what I know I'm shocked, stunned by the atrocity that our elders have committed.

But I'm equally shocked by some rhetoric I'm reading here.

Basically, it's "an eye for an eye" but if you do that, then you're doing or saying harmful things to people that have not the choice either to have the skin coulour of ancestral douchebags.

I'm white, I didn't choose to, so I have to be associated to racists, supremacists because they represent a majority ?

So there's a form of hostility that is accepted because you have to even the odds and the other will have to wait ? We can't fight every form of intolerance under the same banner ? Why ?

It is a story about hope and love, I'm sure it's far more needed that some of the messages of pure and sometimes non dissimilated hatred that I've came across on this topic may it be toward black or white people.

You don't think that we could do way better with each others if we started to talk about what we have in common instead of what our (basics as skin colour) differences are ?

Come on guys...
How exactly can you claim to care about and respect others, when you won't listen to their struggles? Instead, you felt like gushing about your "heroes"

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
I strongly advise you to not talk about things you don't know anything about. This entire thread just makes you look like such a ridiculously poor person, it's not even funny anymore.
Enlighten me then.Tell me how I was wrong.I was most likely right since he/she avoided to answer my question and also changed his/her antifa profile pic.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All your posts here are Gold Medal winning Mental Gymnastics, you are too good.

Aye and some folks in here could win a Gold Medal in... acting.

Here's a song for you all

Kill all the white people
Then we'll be free
We'll be free

(Kill all the white people)
(Kill all the white people)
Then we'll be free (we'll be free)
We'll be free (oh)

Ugh
Ah
Kill them all, man
Kill them all

(1, 2, 3, 4)
(1, 2, 3, 4)
(1, 2, 3, 4)

Ooh, ah
Ooh, ah

Then we'll be free (then we'll be free)
We'll be free (oh)

The late Pete Steele put his tortured soul into every bass note, lyric and vocal take. This tune along with "Kill All the White People" and "Kill You Tonight" are the best killing trilogy since Creepshow.

Oh wait, it was called out in a top 10 list - http://loudwire.com/top-10-songs-about-killing/

But Audioboxer, we don't know who Type O Negative is, maybe once they get signal boosted then we'll have some conversations about "ethics in song lyrics".

Or Audioboxer, that's a punk band just being edgy and while I don't like it, I can tuck myself in at night and not be offended. Yeah imagine that, the white dudes get a bit explicit in their music lyrics and no one is going to care

ow2ZKqo.jpg

But a black guy gets a little bit rowdy/maybe goes over the top a little in attempting a political message via... music lyrics, and we best make it an international media circus and investigate him because those black guys trying to push boundaries probably actually eat children.

So yeah, the more I think about this topic, the more I probably need a visit to the toxic masculinity topic when I now say some of you need to man the fuck up and stop pretending that you don't let a million other edgy artists or commentators pass... as long as they are white or not a perceived threat. Funny how that works!

Or maybe I just grew up with a backbone and knew when something wasn't literal or it could be explained, even if the eventual outcome was it wasn't pulled off all that well, I didn't curl up or need to take some bath salts over... song lyrics.

If you want to post some literal Nazis in song and dance about killing, or some other supremacists singing about killing and meaning it/endorsing it, I'll change my tune. But then that's not as much to do with them signing, as it is to do with me knowing they are being literal/are literally violent or hateful people. You know, arguably the more important thing, what's the person's intentions/what are they like as a person.

Last edited: