• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Aye and some folks in here could win a Gold Medal in... acting.

Here's a song for you all

Oh wait, it was called out in a top 10 list - http://loudwire.com/top-10-songs-about-killing/

But Audioboxer, we don't know who Type O Negative is, maybe once they get signal boosted then we'll have some conversations about "ethics in song lyrics".

Or Audioboxer, that's a punk band just being edgy and while I don't like it, I can tuck myself in at night and not be offended. Yeah imagine that, the white dudes get a bit explicit in their music lyrics and no one is going to care

ow2ZKqo.jpg

But a black guy gets a little bit rowdy/maybe goes over the top a little in attempting a political message via... music lyrics, and we best make it an international media circus and investigate him because those black guys trying to push boundaries probably actually eat children.

So yeah, the more I think about this topic, the more I probably need a visit to the toxic masculinity topic when I now say some of you need to man the fuck up and stop pretending that you don't let a million other edgy artists or commentators pass... as long as they are white or not a perceived threat. Funny how that works!

Or maybe the reason is that most people don't know about a song that came out 25 years ago and we are talking about a song that was released recently?Ever thought of that?Guess not.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or maybe the reason is that most people don't know about a song that came out 25 years ago and we are talking about a song that was released recently?Ever thought of that?Guess not.

But now that you know about it, how do you feel? You didn't know about this rap song till everyone let you know about it.

Jul 3, 2018
Aye and some folks in here could win a Gold Medal in... acting.

Here's a song for you all

Oh wait, it was called out in a top 10 list - http://loudwire.com/top-10-songs-about-killing/

But Audioboxer, we don't know who Type O Negative is, maybe once they get signal boosted then we'll have some conversations about "ethics in song lyrics".

Or Audioboxer, that's a punk band just being edgy and while I don't like it, I can tuck myself in at night and not be offended. Yeah imagine that, the white dudes get a bit explicit in their music lyrics and no one is going to care

ow2ZKqo.jpg

But a black guy gets a little bit rowdy/maybe goes over the top a little in attempting a political message via... music lyrics, and we best make it an international media circus and investigate him because those black guys trying to push boundaries probably actually eat children.

So yeah, the more I think about this topic, the more I probably need a visit to the toxic masculinity topic when I now say some of you need to man the fuck up and stop pretending that you don't let a million other edgy artists or commentators pass... as long as they are white or not a perceived threat. Funny how that works!

Or maybe I just grew up with a backbone and knew when something wasn't literal or it could be explained, even if the eventual outcome was it wasn't pulled off all that well, I didn't curl up or need to take some bath salts over... song lyrics.

If you want to post some literal Nazis in song and dance about killing, or some other supremacists singing about killing and meaning it/endorsing it, I'll change my tune. But then that's not as much to do with them signing, as it is to do with me knowing they are being literal/are literally violent or hateful people. You know, arguably the more important thing, what's the person's intentions/what are they like as a person.

Alright, next time a rando ass hat Trump supporter starts shit, we'll know he's just kidding, not serious, context nonsense, not big enough, being artistic, etc nothing to worry about.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
But now that you know about it, how do you feel? You didn't know about this rap song till everyone let you know about it.
What are you trying to say?Of course I don't like it and I doubt many people like it.If this song was released TODAY in France they'd be facing the same charges that this guy is facing.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, next time a rando ass hat Trump supporter starts shit, we'll know he's just kidding, not serious, context nonsense, not big enough, being artistic, etc nothing to worry about.

So, what do you mean by starts shit? Gets violent? Directly targets and slurs people?

Imagine that. It's almost as if a non-artist, without a potential motive or attempt at artistic merit, might actually be... being literal.

Is it possible we can discern when something has actual hateful intent from when it is... acting/drama/actual satire? Well, I sure fucking hope so or we better lock up half of the entertainment industry spanning (professional) comedians, movie creators and musicians.

What are you trying to say?Of course I don't like it and I doubt many people like it.

Should it be investigated? Do you think it's a threat? Do Type O Negative want to kill all the white people?

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
So, what do you mean by starts shit? Gets violent? Directly targets and slurs people?

Imagine that. It's almost as if a non-artist, without a potential motive or attempt at artistic merit, might actually be being literal.

Is it possible we can discern when something has actual hateful intent from when it is... acting/drama/actual satire.

Should it be investigated? Do you think it's a threat? Do Type O Negative want to kill all the white people?
Read my previous post.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Enlighten me then.Tell me how I was wrong.I was most likely right since he/she avoided to answer my question and also changed his/her antifa profile pic.

You're pretty much a lost cause. There's no point in "enlightening" someone with a post history like yours, especially when you run your mouth about things you don't even understand. If you wanted to understand something, you'd be worth my time, but all you want is spew your hatred at any chance you get.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Read my previous post.

What're your feelings on those charges if Type O Negative were to face them? Do you support them for that song, or are you just trying to say "technically that band could face the same charges if released in France today".

I mean, as you said, that song was released like 20+ years ago. Has anyone been "killing all the white people" in the name of Type O Negative?

Or do we think the greater populations of most countries aren't so fucking stupid they take a song like that literally? Should YouTube remove the Kill All The White People song? I mean, they're quick to act on certain things.

Last edited:

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
You're pretty much a lost cause. There's no point in "enlightening" someone with a post history like yours, especially when you run your mouth about things you don't even understand. If you wanted to understand something, you'd be worth my time, but all you want is spew your hatred at any chance you get.
Of course you'd say that, because I'm right and of course anyone that you don't agree with is spewing hatred.You can add me to your ignore if you don't like what I am saying.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enlighten me then.Tell me how I was wrong.I was most likely right since he/she avoided to answer my question and also changed his/her antifa profile pic.
Jesus christ you fucking jackass. I changed it because maybe I didn't want people to see me as some "radical commie".
I didn't fucking avoid your stupid question, I already answered it in this very thread, but apparently you can't read.
Now, shut the fuck up about me, thanks.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
while I think the song is incredibly stupid and ill-conceived, I don't agree that it's hate speech or that he should be investigated

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
What're your feelings on those charges if Type O Negative were to face them? Do you support them for that song, or are you just trying to say "technically that band could face the same charges if released in France today".

I mean, as you said, that song was released like 20+ years ago. Has anyone been "killing all the white people" in the name of Type O Negative?

Or do we think the greater populations of most countries aren't so fucking stupid they take a song like that literally?
1.From their wiki page it says the band is american, so under american law they would not face any charges.It this band was located in France, of course they'd face the same charges as this rapper.

2.I don't know that.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Jesus christ you fucking jackass. I changed it because maybe I didn't want people to see me as some "radical commie".
I didn't fucking avoid your stupid question, I already answered it in this very thread, but apparently you can't read.
Now, shut the fuck up about me, thanks.
I did not see your reply.I pm'd you as well and last time I checked I didn't see any new message from you.

Double Post.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1.From their wiki page it says the band is american, so under american law they would not face any charges.It this band was located in France, of course they'd face the same charges as this rapper.

2.I don't know that.

I'm more interested in knowing if you think Type O Negative should be investigated if they were in France. Consider it a thought-experiment.

You don't know what? That people weren't killing in the name of Type O Negative? Well I think that would make national or even international news. Or you don't know that most people in a country won't take a punk song literally? Well, the moral panic brigade, which was usually the Conservatives, did try to tell us heavy metal music was creating children that were the spawn of Lucifer. But you know, most of the population ignored that moral panic and were simply happy with music CDs having "Parental advisory" stickers whilst kids blasted the latest Slayer tunes at 11 and 12.

Ohhh NOFX. Maybe you're next.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did not see your reply.I pm'd you as well and last time I checked I didn't see any new message from you.

Is that how it works now? "Calm down bro, I just said you're probably a racist, you can tell me if I'm wrong!"
Piss off with that ridiculous assumption.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
I'm more interested in knowing if you think Type O Negative should be investigated if they were in France. Consider it a thought-experiment.

You don't know what? That people weren't killing in the name of Type O Negative? Well I think that would make national or even international news. Or you don't know that most people in a country won't take a punk song literally? Well, the moral panic brigade, which was usually the Conservatives, did try to tell us heavy metal music was creating children that were the spawn of Lucifer. But you know, most of the population ignored that moral panic and were simply happy with music CDs having "Parental advisory" stickers whilst kids blasted the latest Slayer tunes at 11 and 12.
I don't understand your question really.I already explained all of this in my previous posts.You think because they are white, they shouldn't be investigated or what?Of course they should.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Of course you'd say that, because I'm right and of course anyone that you don't agree with is spewing hatred.You can add me to your ignore if you don't like what I am saying.

Thanks for proving my point.

BTW, your tirades about Antifa? Those usually come from people very far on the right wing spectrum with exactly the wording you presented.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck...

Last edited:

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand your question really.I already explained all of this in my previous posts.You think because they are white, they shouldn't be investigated or what?Of course they should.

It's pretty clear. I'm asking YOU for YOUR opinion. Do YOU think they should be investigated?

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
It's pretty clear. I'm asking YOU for YOUR opinion. Do YOU think they should be investigated?
And I'm telling you that I already made this clear in my previous posts.If this band was singing this song in France, they would face the same charges and yes, it would be normal since these are the french laws.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I'm telling you that I already made this clear in my previous posts.If this band was singing this song in France, they would face the same charges and yes, it would be normal since these are the french laws.

You're still hiding behind the "If this was in France, France would investigate". I'm not interested in what France thinks right now, I'm interested in you telling me if you think that song, or even the NOFX song, should be investigated? What's your opinion on those songs existing and the artists being able to sing them?

Unless you are a robot or some sort of AI, you should be able to give your personal opinion on those songs and how much of a threat you might think they are.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
You're still hiding behind the "If this was in France, France would investigate". I'm not interested in what France thinks right now, I'm interested in you telling me if you think that song, or even the NOFX song, should be investigated? What's your opinion on those songs existing and the artists being able to sing them?
Did I not make myself clear in the last posts?Yes.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Okay, where do you draw your lines or boundaries on artistic content using imagery such as killing, death or so on? If any song talks about killing people do you think it should be investigated?
Songs like this shouldnt exist.It's simple as that.It depends on the song, but when you start singing about killing babies and not all babies just white babies, then we have a problem.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Songs like this shouldnt exist.It's simple as that.It depends on the song, but when you start singing about killing babies and not all babies just white babies, then we have a problem.

Gotcha, here's a song about killing babies but it's race ambiguous so it probably means all babies

[Verse 1]
I got something to say
I killed a baby today
And it doesn't matter much to me
As long as it's dead

[Verse 2]
Well, I got something to say
I raped your mother today
As long as she's spread

[Bridge]
Sweet lovely death
I am waiting for your breath
Come sweet death, one last caress

Go!

[Bridge]
Sweet lovely death
Come sweet death, one last caress

[Verse 1]
Well, I got something to say
I killed your baby today
As long as it's dead

[Bridge]
Sweet lovely death
Come sweet death
One last caress

[Outro]
One last caress, sweet death
One last caress, sweet death

Oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh
Oh

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, y'all having a field day

RedMercury did not post anything that isn't accurate.

France has a well documented history of systemic racism of African Slaves. Haiti is a fantastic example. Clearly, there is something going on in France that this guy felt the need make this song. There has been a rise of Right Wing Nationalism on a global scale. Anti-Black rhetoric is WORLDWIDE. It doesn't exist in one spot.

When it comes to Racism, White people get mad defensive when it comes their way, despite being the group to introduce such a shit show concept of "Whiteness" to the western world in the first place. Its history, and history is context. White Majorities raining hell on Black minorities in their respective countries is nothing new.

You mean to tell me... Centuries of oppression and assault on a demographic..... and y'all don't expect those people to not develop some form of resentment from stifled progress over the years? Not a bit? Keep in mind, its not acceptable to demonize the white individual... Everyone is their own person and should be judged as such.

But the concept the whiteness itself?

The forces of white supremacy? the shield of white fragility?

All of that can go in the trash.

Call Nick a racist if it makes you feel better, but his stupid song doesn't equate to the centuries of actual black bodies being hung and black babies being killed. Condemn his words for sure, but don't mistake his prejudice as an assault when its clearly a reaction to the world around him.

If anything, his concept was a success because it shows how much people care when the target is white rather than anyone else.

Racism absolutely contains a double standard when it comes to white and black and causality. It comes from White people as a form of control and fear of the unknown. It comes from black people as a form of response and defense.

If the idea of black people not being considered racist bothers people, then the white people of yore should have thought about that before subjugating an entire race for free labor
Indeed. This guy seems to be an idiot who perhaps was trying to make a valid point about the treatment of black people and how people didn't and still don't care about that by swapping the races and surprise, people suddenly care, but nonetheless went too far and was a bit too much of a edgelord in the process and thus is rightly being investigated and if he indeed gets charged, I can't have any particular problem with that really and it's on him for being stupid and going too far and not handling the subject with the tact it deserves.

That all said, nonetheless it's very hard for me to disagree with this or what people like RedMercury have been bringing up in this thread, and I agree with this, 100% of the way for sure.

As a crystal clear example of the underlined in particular, I believe it was you (and apologize if it wasn't), but either way someone brought up the example of James Gunn and how that's treated versus how this has been treated. That's indeed a fine example. However, something else can't help to occur to me.

What that something is, is that even if this guy is indeed completely racist against white people, which I don't deny as a possibility and if that's indeed the case and what the investigation turns up (and in which case he deserves what he gets 100%), even in that situation it's nonetheless ALSO true that this nonetheless serves as a crystal clear example of white privilege (yeah, I'm going there, and stick with me for a 'sec 'cause this will all make sense in a moment even if doesn't now) in how people definitively, right off the bad, assume this nobody rapper is being completely 100% serious, completely 100% racist through and through right off the bat, and there's pages and pages to that effect and people being shocked that anyone could think anything other than the possibility that he's racist and the possibility that he's just angling for satire and just sucks at it and messed it up by being too much of an edgelord is taken off the table...

But yet when some, say, certain YouTuber makes a certain video about having a dog do Nazi salutes and responding to commands such as "gas the jews" suddenly right off the bat, it's completely different and the default assumption is apparently that Count Dancula was just tellin' jokes and shit and why should we take him serious and why does it matter anyway, since it's all just jokes, obviously. Like, even if this rapper guy is indeed a racist (and I don't deny that possibility--it's just not the only one and not one I'm going to jump to right off the bat here), I can't think of a better example of white privilege than when a white person makes a video about a dog being taught Nazi salutes/responding to commands like "gas the Jews" people just default to "oh, he's obviously just joking and what's the big deal and this is why the UK's hate speech laws are terrible and pointless, etc, etc, etc" but yet, but yet, when something like this happens when a nobody black rapper, that's when he's suddenly definitively serious and people are ready to lock him up and throw away the key already and don't give him anywhere near the same benefit of the doubt they gave to people like Count Danclua? That can't help but occur to me as I'm reading the thread and regardless of what is or isn't true about this guy, I still can't think of a better demonstration of white privilege than the discrepancy between these two threads all the same.

Of course, I forget myself and people might not be aware of what the Count Danclua/Nazi Dog video is about, since that was a bit ago now. For them, if that describes you, I direct you to threads such as this on that very subject that we had on this very site:
Man who taught dog Nazi salute found guilty of hate crime

Now, if you have the time, please take the time to read through that thread. Please take time to consider the tone of the responses and how most people are reacting to Dancula and their assumptions about him. Just look at how many people give him benefit of the doubt, how many people going with some variant of how he's clearly just joking or wondering what the big deal is, how many people in that thread talking about stuff like how terrible hate speech laws are or how that was proof that the UK is just wasting resources and wasting time. Then compare it to this one. Look at how many people here are definitively assuming this guy is racist, right off the bat, without allowing for even the slightest consideration of any other possibilities, whatsoever. Lots of possibilities were allowed to be considered for the Count Dankula thread. Where are those same ones here? Where's the difference? And why does that difference exist? Regardless of whether this particular man is a racist, that can't help but me by takeaway from comparing these threads: the different starting assumptions people seem to have about these two individuals and who's allowed to have benefit of the doubt, and who isn't. White privilege in action.

Like, if people still don't get what I'm talking about, I normally wouldn't do this, and I don't do this to call this particular poster out and apologize for any misgivings this may cause as that's not my intent (but I don't blame you if you don't believe me, but either way) but this is indeed a complex discussion where it can get very confusing about what people are or aren't saying, and it helps to have visual aids to get the point across. So that being the case, here are some posts from the Count Danclua thread linked above:
While the guy was a dick, this is a sad day for courts overall. Shows that anyone can be put to court and prosecuted for any type of joke, and it's up to the courts to decide if it hurts people or not.
I agree absolutely. Let the people decide if something's offensive or not, not the courts. Anyone who agrees with the verdict yet shared that comic is a hypocrite.
Making a "humorous" (differs on opinion) joke relating to Nazis does not equal being a Nazi.

I guess Pewdiepie should be arrested and be considered a Nazi now too, based on what people say in this thread.

Now, same exact person, in this thread...
I find it sad that we need 8 pages of arguments for if saying "Let's hang white people" is bad or not.

It's racism. Plain and simple.

Now, like I said, I did not do this to call this particular poster out and hope people don't jump on that and can be respectful, but rather I did so to just point out the discrepancies between. Count Danclua's, while he was indeed a "dick" apparently nonetheless his stuff was clearly "just jokes" and it was a "sad day for the courts" and it should be the people that decide and all that in that case, whereas this, in this particular situation, this clearly ain't satire, this clearly ain't "jokes" but apparently this "is racism. Plain and simple" while "gassing the jews" is just jokes and fun and games apparently? Those kind of discrepancies can't help but stand out to be between these two threads and regardless of whether this guy is or is not a racist, he's also a nobody and whatever's going to happen to him and going to happen to him and nobody will care one way or the other at that point, so that being the case, that demonstration of white privilege shaping how people respond to these respective threads, in addition to stuff like what DigitalOp and RedMercury have brought up in this thread can't help but be my personal takeaways here.

Why did Count Danclua get so much benefit of the doubt? Why was his stuff just seen as jokes, right off the bat? Why is this guy immediately seen as racist? Why is even the slightest possibility that this guy's stuff is just satire, and that's he just terrible at it or whatever, equivalent to the logic used to defend Count Danclua so quickly dismissed with the same fervor people argued in favor of Danclua in that thread? Why is antisemitism seen as "just jokes" but when it's against white people, suddenly, definitively, it's racist right off the bat with no room for other possibilities whatsoever? It should surely be either both or neither, either way, people should at least be consistent in both cases right, so why the lack of consistency? Can't help but stick out to me.

So yeah, if people never have before, and have the time, I'd personally recommend to read both the Danclua thread and that one and think about such things and why people jump to the conclusions they do in each thread, who they give the benefit of the doubt and who they don't, because yeah, going through this one, I just couldn't help but have the threads on Danclua immediately pop up in my mind and the differences between the two topics and how they're treated is definitely enlightening to me personally, and unfortunately not in any positive ways at all.

Last edited:

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Oh come on. I get it that you don't like vulgar and offensive lyrics, but hopefully by "shouldn't exist" you don't mean government censorship. I don't mind hate speech laws at all, but I doubt this is an example of that. If the dude is spreading similar message outside the track, then yeah that would be fucked up. And should be punished by law.
Now, like I said, I did not do this to call this particular poster out and hope people don't jump on that and can be respectful, but rather I did so to just point out the discrepancies between. Count Danclua's, while he was indeed a "dick" apparently nonetheless his stuff was clearly "just jokes" and it was a "sad day for the courts" and it should be the people that decide and all that in that case, whereas this, in this particular situation, this clearly ain't satire, this clearly ain't "jokes" but apparently this "is racism. Plain and simple" while "gassing the jews" is just jokes and fun and games apparently? Those kind of discrepancies can't help but stand out to be between these two threads and regardless of whether this guy is or is not a racist, he's also a nobody and whatever's going to happen to him and going to happen to him and nobody will care one way or the other at that point, so that being the case, that demonstration of white privilege shaping how people respond to these respective threads, in addition to stuff like what DigitalOp and RedMercury have brought up in this thread can't help but be my personal takeaways here.

Why did Count Danclua get so much benefit of the doubt? Why was his stuff just seen as jokes, right off the bat? Why is this guy immediately seen as racist? Why is even the slightest possibility that this guy's stuff is just satire, and that's he just terrible at it or whatever, equivalent to the logic used to defend Count Danclua so quickly dismissed with the same fervor people argued in favor of Danclua in that thread? If people never have before, and have the time, I'd personally recommend to read both the Danclua thread and that one and think about such things and why people jump to the conclusions they do in each thread, who they give the benefit of the doubt and who they don't, because yeah, going through this one, I just couldn't help but have the threads on Danclua immediately pop up in my mind and the differences between the two topics and how they're treated is definitely enlightening to me personally, and unfortunately not in any positive ways at all.
Hmm wasn't the intention of the phrase "gas the jews" to be a command for the dog to raise it's paw? It wasn't a command for the audience of the Youtube video. It's clearly an absurd situation, which is supposed to be funny. (I understand if everyone ain't laughing). And the difference is that people think this is trying to incite the listener and is adressing them directly. He isn't rapping to a dog. I guarantee you that plenty of people would change their tune here if in the video it was a cute pug hanging white people, as it would be ridiculous and absurd. I'm in the camp that neither cases should be punishable by law. As tasteless as they may seem, I doubt there's any intention to cause violence with them. Was there a crossover in that thread by people who are defending this, but mad about the dog case? Swings both ways.

Last edited:

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indeed. This guy seems to be an idiot who perhaps was trying to make a valid point about the treatment of black people and how people didn't and still don't care about that by swapping the races and surprise, people suddenly care, but nonetheless went too far and was a bit too much of a edgelord in the process and thus is rightly being investigated and if he indeed gets charged, I can't have any particular problem with that really and it's on him for being stupid and going too far and not handling the subject with the tact it deserves.

That all said, nonetheless it's very hard for me to disagree with this or what people like RedMercury have been bringing up in this thread, and I agree with this, 100% of the way for sure.

As a crystal clear example of the underlined in particular, I believe it was you (and apologize if it wasn't), but either way someone brought up the example of James Gunn and how that's treated versus how this has been treated. That's indeed a fine example. However, something else can't help to occur to me.

What that something is, is that even if this guy is indeed completely racist against white people, which I don't deny as a possibility and if that's indeed the case and what the investigation turns up (and in which case he deserves what he gets 100%), even in that situation it's nonetheless ALSO true that this nonetheless serves as a crystal clear example of white privilege (yeah, I'm going there, and stick with me for a 'sec 'cause this will all make sense in a moment even if doesn't now) in how people definitively, right off the bad, assume this nobody rapper is being completely 100% serious, completely 100% racist through and through right off the bat, and there's pages and pages to that effect and people being shocked that anyone could think anything other than the possibility that he's racist and the possibility that he's just angling for satire and just sucks at it and messed it up by being too much of an edgelord is taken off the table...

But yet when some, say, certain YouTuber makes a certain video about having a dog do Nazi salutes and responding to commands such as "gas the jews" suddenly right off the bat, it's completely different and the default assumption is apparently that Count Dancula was just tellin' jokes and shit and why should we take him serious and why does it matter anyway, since it's all just jokes, obviously. Like, even if this rapper guy is indeed a racist (and I don't deny that possibility--it's just not the only one and not one I'm going to jump to right off the bat here), I can't think of a better example of white privilege than when a white person makes a video about a dog being taught Nazi salutes/responding to commands like "gas the Jews" people just default to "oh, he's obviously just joking and what's the big deal and this is why the UK's hate speech laws are terrible and pointless, etc, etc, etc" but yet, but yet, when something like this happens when a nobody black rapper, that's when he's suddenly definitively serious and people are ready to lock him up and throw away the key already and don't give him anywhere near the same benefit of the doubt they gave to people like Count Danclua? That can't help but occur to me as I'm reading the thread and regardless of what is or isn't true about this guy, I still can't think of a better demonstration of white privilege than the discrepancy between these two threads all the same.

Of course, I forget myself and people might not be aware of what the Count Danclua/Nazi Dog video is about, since that was a bit ago now. For them, if that describes you, I direct you to threads such as this on that very subject that we had on this very site:
Man who taught dog Nazi salute found guilty of hate crime

Now, if you have the time, please take the time to read through that thread. Please take time to consider the tone of the responses and how most people are reacting to Dancula and their assumptions about him. Just look at how many people give him benefit of the doubt, how many people going with some variant of how he's clearly just joking or wondering what the big deal is, how many people in that thread talking about stuff like how terrible hate speech laws are or how that was proof that the UK is just wasting resources and wasting time. Then compare it to this one. Look at how many people here are definitively assuming this guy is racist, right off the bat, without allowing for even the slightest consideration of any other possibilities, whatsoever. Lots of possibilities were allowed to be considered for the Count Dankula thread. Where are those same ones here? Where's the difference? And why does that difference exist? Regardless of whether this particular man is a racist, that can't help but me by takeaway from comparing these threads: the different starting assumptions people seem to have about these two individuals and who's allowed to have benefit of the doubt, and who isn't. White privilege in action.

Like, if people still don't get what I'm talking about, I normally wouldn't do this, and I don't do this to call this particular poster out and apologize for any misgivings this may cause as that's not my intent (but I don't blame you if you don't believe me, but either way) but this is indeed a complex discussion where it can get very confusing about what people are or aren't saying, and it helps to have visual aids to get the point across. So that being the case, here are some posts from the Count Danclua thread linked above:

Now, same exact person, in this thread...

Why did Count Danclua get so much benefit of the doubt? Why was his stuff just seen as jokes, right off the bat? Why is this guy immediately seen as racist? Why is even the slightest possibility that this guy's stuff is just satire, and that's he just terrible at it or whatever, equivalent to the logic used to defend Count Danclua so quickly dismissed with the same fervor people argued in favor of Danclua in that thread? If people never have before, and have the time, I'd personally recommend to read both the Danclua thread and that one and think about such things and why people jump to the conclusions they do in each thread, who they give the benefit of the doubt and who they don't, because yeah, going through this one, I just couldn't help but have the threads on Danclua immediately pop up in my mind and the differences between the two topics and how they're treated is definitely enlightening to me personally, and unfortunately not in any positive ways at all.

Hah, I knew that existed as you will be aware I was heavily involved in that Markus Meechan topic. I just didn't want to risk the crossover because even when it's valid mods sometimes start banning for doing the whole "here are some receipts". In this instance, it really is credible though, as it points to the hypocrisy that happens here.

I'm at least consistent whether you agree with me or not and I still stand by my remarks in that Meechan topic. It doesn't mean I need to like or endorse the person, my arguments are more based around as and when I think Government intervention should occur. In cases where it's past the point of doubt that something isn't literal and is absurd/artistic/hyperbolic or so on I find it hard to start to give the Government free will to start removing rights/fining/potential jail sentences. It's complex. I am not impressed with anyone then angry at that stance of mine who knee-jerks to "so that means you just want absolute free speech?". Not necessarily, as I said, it's complex. I just don't think any country has a great balance yet. Human made restrictions on speech and language might never be perfect, but when we're talking criminal records, rights removal and freedom restrictions it all at least has to be honestly spoken about.

I'd rather we sort most of this shit out ourselves (protest/report/deplatform) and only bring in the Government as and when the intent is clearer or the person is a credible threat. Meechans video as subjectively or even potentially objectively offensive as it was, did pass the barrier of absurdity for me. My opinion isn't changed on that case, regardless of what Meechan does with his time now. The funny thing about that topic is what you highlighted though, posters who'll run in there to say "benefit of the doubt - No need for the police/Government here, it was just a joke", but in this topic, it's "We can't trust the black man's response, how do we know he's being artistic? This needs to be shut down and zero tolerance. Get the French authorities in now."

In an interview with Le Parisien, Conrad says the video is "fiction" and that he "wanted to reverse the roles of the white man and the black man".

He said he understood the controversy and that the "shock was wanted, necessary, but not at such a level".

"We must also put things in perspective: this clip, published as part of the release of my EP, was also part of a mini-series whose episodes would complement, argue my thinking," he said.

Get him investigated!

If only some of the people who want to talk about freedom of speech/expression or artistic boundaries were... fucking consistent.

Last edited:

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hah, I knew that existed as you will be aware I was heavily involved in that Markus Meechan topic. I just didn't want to risk the crossover because even when it's valid mods sometimes start banning for doing the whole "here are some receipts". In this instance, it really is credible though, as it points to the hypocrisy that happens here.

I'm at least consistent whether you agree with me or not and I still stand by my remarks in that Meechan topic. It doesn't mean I need to like or endorse the person, my arguments are more based around as and when I think Government intervention should occur. In cases where it's past the point of doubt that something isn't literal and is absurd/artistic/hyperbolic or so on I find it hard to start to give the Government free will to start removing rights/fining/potential jail sentences. It's complex. I am not impressed with anyone then angry at that stance of mine who knee-jerks to "so that means you just want absolute free speech?". Not necessarily, as I said, it's complex. I just don't think any country has a great balance yet. Human made restrictions on speech and language might never be perfect, but when we're talking criminal records, rights removal and freedom restrictions it all at least has to be honestly spoken about.

I'd rather we sort most of this shit out ourselves and only bring in the Government as and when the intent is clearer or the person is a credible threat. Meechans video as subjectively or even potentially objectively offensive as it was, did pass the barrier of absurdity for me. My opinion isn't changed on that case, regardless of what Meechan does with his time now. The funny thing about that topic is what you highlighted though, posters who'll run in there to say "benefit of the doubt - No need for the police/Government here, it was just a joke", but in this topic, its "We can't trust the black man's response, how do we know he's being artistic? This needs to be shut down and zero tolerance"
Indeed, and I can't disagree with the boldest sentiment at the very least all else aside. One of my personal pet peeves is lack of consistency. As long as someone is being consistent, even if I disagree, even if I vehemently disagree at that, I can at least respect the consistency and the continued train of logic, such as it may be. When people aren't being consistent though, when people adopt one standard for say alleged antisemitism and a different standard for alleged anti-white-racism, that's when my alarm bells start going off and wondering what's going on and that's the type of thing that really gets me going on top and beyond everything else. Because if I already disagree, and I realize someone ain't even being consistent? I just can't help but get aggravated very quickly and lose any and all respect for people doing that.

And so yeah, I know I'm taking a risk by doing that and putting a huge target on myself, but I don't really mind if that's what it takes to point stuff like that out because true discussion can't start until that point and can't truly be helped by avoiding such uncomfortable topics and realizations. It's a risk I'm willing to take to get at what I personally believe is at the heart of some of this stuff, and shying away from it because I fear for my account or whatever definitely won't help anything. As terrible as those discussions may be, as sucky as they may be and people might not want to have them, including for having some valid reasons, avoiding them and refusing to do any self-reflection definitely accomplishes nothing for sure. The only way forward is to actually have those discussions and come to certain realizations, no matter how much we might not want to or how painful that may be. So yeah, I'm definitely aware of the risks of doing what I did on this site, but it's worth it for me personally. That's just how I feel, anyway.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Indeed, and I can't disagree with the boldest sentiment at the very least all else aside. One of my personal pet peeves is lack of consistency. As long as someone is being consistent, even if I disagree, even if I vehemently disagree at that, I can at least respect the consistency and the continued train of logic, such as it may be. When people aren't being consistent though, when people adopt one standard for say alleged antisemitism and a different standard for alleged anti-white-racism, that's when my alarm bells start going off and wondering what's going on and that's the type of thing that really gets me going on top and beyond everything else. Because if I already disagree, and I realize someone ain't even being consistent? I just can't help but get aggravated very quickly and lose any and all respect for people doing that.

And so yeah, I know I'm taking a risk by doing that and putting a huge target on myself, but I don't really mind if that's what it takes to point stuff like that out because true discussion can't start until that point and can't truly be helped by avoiding such uncomfortable topics and realizations. It's a risk I'm willing to take to get at what I personally believe is at the heart of some of this stuff, and shying away from it because I fear for my account or whatever definitely won't help anything. As terrible as those discussions may be, as sucky as they may be and people might not want to have them, including for having some valid reasons, avoiding them and refusing to do any self-reflection definitely accomplishes nothing for sure. The only way forward is to actually have those discussions and come to certain realizations, no matter how much we might not want to or how painful that may be. So yeah, I'm definitely aware of the risks of doing what I did on this site, but it's worth it for me personally. That's just how I feel, anyway.
To be honest those things are not even similar.One is a video of a pug which is obviously ment as a joke, the other is a song which talks about killing white babies and their parents.I'm not sure how you're not seeing that.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just as messed up as the others.I'm not sure what your point is.

My point is while those lyrics are "messed up" or subjectively offensive, human beings really need to do better at accepting and understanding fiction from non-fiction and some of the artistic boundaries needed for humans to... live life. Have some fun. Be a little politically incorrect. Make a political statement in an offensive and/or artistic way that catches attention. Be able to go to a punk show and sing some edgy shit.

Because if the alternative is some French surveillance state, please investigate all of this, then talk about a god damn nanny state. The political right like to say "This is 1984" all the time, but bloody hell, some of you seem to actually want 1984.

Punks and even the metal scene has historically been anti-establishment and pushed boundaries but most well-rounded people have some fun with it, they don't go into hysterics and ask for the Government to intervene. I'm not as clued up on the rap scene, but imagine my shock to know anecdotally a lot of it can be about POC singing about their life experiences or trying to handle topics like racism.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
My point is while those lyrics are "messed up" or subjectively offensive, human beings really need to do better at accepting and understanding fiction from non-fiction and some of the artistic boundaries needed for humans to... live life. Have some fun. Be a little politically incorrect. Make a political statement in an offensive and/or artistic way that catches attention. Be able to go to a punk show and sing some edgy shit.

Because if the alternative is some French surveillance state, please investigate all of this, then talk about a god damn nanny state. The political right like to say "This is 1984" all the time, but bloody hell, some of you seem to actually want 1984.

Punks and even the metal scene has historically been anti-establishment and pushed boundaries but most well-rounded people have some fun with it, they don't go into hysterics and ask for the Government to intervene. I'm not as clued up on the rap scene, but imagine my shock to know anecdotally a lot of it can be about POC singing about their life experiences or trying to handle topics like racism.
Songs like that bring nothing of value.Especially songs like the one (kill all white man/people or w/e its called) which you posted above.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I've seen plenty of other artists brought up, but not sure if the brothers Necro and Ill Bill have been mentioned. Both have done horrorcore tracks. But those aren't taken as confessions of their crimes. It seems that there's a lot of people in Era who don't know much about music if they think this French dude is something new. Vote with your wallet, as we use to say.

Edit: And Necro's music has been linked to an actual murder that happened. When the killer said he listened to Necro the same day and there were similarities between the lyrics and letters that the killer had wrote from prison earlier. From another medium Taxi Driver got bit of a heat for a deranged person trying to impress Jodie Foster by assassinating Reagan. I'd hate if Taxi Driver was banned, best film ever made. How someone who is sick reacts to something is always unpredictable.

Last edited:

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Songs like that bring nothing of value.Especially songs like the one (kill all white man/people or w/e its called) which you posted above.

Nothing of value to what exactly? Yourself? Maybe not. Others might find them funny, creative or some offensive songs do literally have more nuanced meaning and points crafted within the vulgar or inflammatory language.

Even if they have zero value to yourself, don't you think a more reasonable response is to simply shrug your shoulders, roll your eyes and go back to listening to Celine Dion if she's what does it for you? Do we really need the police and Government getting all hot and bothered because of a "Kill All The White People" song which is clearly absurd/satirical/authors have no violent intent? I almost feel like I'm back in high school where there was the great emo wars, punks vs moshers or rap/dance vs metal. Imagine my shock as a slightly older adult to be able to laugh at most of that shit because ultimately music interest and taste is subjective. Like what you like, don't be overpolicing other people for what they like. Don't be implying faux morality claims on others because they like some "politically incorrect" punk or metal music.

I like that Misfits song, it's pretty catchy. *Shrug*

I mean you guys really want to talk about "musicians" who aren't being artistic/satirical/offensive for lyrical intent only?

Oi! Oi!

Fucking towelhead bastards they come overhere
Gangs of camelfuckers fill our people with fear
They attack our way of living and they're out of control
Taking over Europe is their only goal

Muslims out! Muslims out!
Hear the people scream, hear the people shout
Wogs go home, no more pushing us about!

Their religion they impose to you and me
Destroying our culture before your eyes, can't you see?
Mosques are rising on every street
Leftwing politicians grovelling at their feet

Allah Akhbar, what a shower!
But they are running Europe, we're an occupied power
When I think of what they've done here it fills me with
hate
They're turning Europe in a muslim state!

https://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107859540756/

Imagine finding out what comes next - https://www.revleft.space/vb/thread...-convicted-for-racial-assault-commits-suicide

It's almost as if actual evil people have evil intent, or are pretty open in their desires or wishes if using a medium like music to try and spread literal messages.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
To be honest those things are not even similar.One is a video of a pug which is obviously ment as a joke, the other is a song which talks about killing white babies and their parents.I'm not sure how you're not seeing that.

One is a joke, the other is imagining what if, I didn't take it as an incitement to kill babies.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Nothing of value to what exactly? Yourself? Maybe not. Others might find them funny, creative or some offensive songs do literally have more nuanced meaning and points crafted within the vulgar or inflammatory language.

Even if they have zero value to yourself, don't you think a more reasonable response is to simply shrug your shoulders, roll your eyes and go back to listening to Celine Dion if she's what does it for you? Do we really need the police and Government getting all hot and bothered because of a "Kill All The White People" song which is clearly absurd/satirical/authors have no violent intent? I almost feel like I'm back in high school where there was the great emo wars, punks vs moshers or rap/dance vs metal. Imagine my shock as a slightly older adult to be able to laugh at most of that shit because ultimately music interest and taste is subjective. Like what you like, don't be overpolicing other people for what they like. Don't be implying faux morality claims on others because they like some "politically incorrect" punk or metal music.

I like that Misfits song, it's pretty catchy. *Shrug*

I mean you guys really want to talk about "musicians" who aren't being artistic/satirical/offensive for lyrical intent only?

https://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107859540756/

Imagine finding out what comes next - https://www.revleft.space/vb/thread...-convicted-for-racial-assault-commits-suicide
To me and I assume to most people.

One is a joke, the other is imagining what if, I didn't take it as an incitement to kill babies.
Sure, but a black guy singing about killing white babies is racist and it's be the same if a white guy would be singing about killing black babies.That's the point.I don't plan on arguing about this forever.I've made my point on this matter clear enough.Have a nice day.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To me and I assume to most people.

Sure, but a black guy singing about killing white babies is racist and it's be the same if a white guy would be singing about killing black babies.That's the point.I don't plan on arguing about this forever.I've made my point on this matter clear enough.Have a nice day.

And Markus Meechan is antisemitic right? Or was that different because

... it was a joke.

You see that's what the bigger issue in this topic really is. Meechan says its comedic and he doesn't actually want to gas the jews, oh, that's fine, he's not literal. Black guy says hang white people in a song, says he knows it's offensive but is an attempt at artistic depiction of prior historic racism, HE'S BEING LITERAL. GET THE POLICE! CALL THE FBI! LOOK AT EVERYONE WHO LITERALLY WANTS TO HANG WHITE PEOPLE! SELF HATING WHITES!

Heck, we'll even be having the usual "Resetera wants to hang white people/support hanging white people" nonsense posted online now.

So, you know, people not being fucking consistent and also being intellectually dishonest to push (political) narratives. Summed up in short, one-minute free speech and context fucking matter, the next minute, well, we can't be allowing edgy black people to say offensive speech and how can we trust his context?

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
don't plan on arguing about this forever.I've made my point on this matter clear enough.Have a nice day

Fair enough, but I don't see much difference between a crap right wing comedian trying to make people laugh about murdered jews, and a crap rapper trying to make people think about racism if the roles were reversed.

The rappers words seem to have crossed a line and should be investigated, I don't think he should be above the law or made an example of either.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Fair enough, but I don't see much difference between a crap right wing comedian trying to make people laugh about murdered jews, and a crap rapper trying to make people think about racism if the roles were reversed.

The rappers words seem to have crossed a line and should be investigated, I don't think he should be above the law or made an example of either.
And Markus Meechan is antisemitic right? Or was that different because

... it was a joke.

You see that's what the bigger issue in this topic really is. Meechan says its comedic and he doesn't actually want to gas the jews, oh, that's fine, he's not literal. Black guy says hang white people in a song, says he knows it's offensive but is an attempt at artistic depiction of prior historic racism, HE'S BEING LITERAL. GET THE POLICE! CALL THE FBI! LOOK AT EVERYONE WHO LITERALLY WANTS TO HANG WHITE PEOPLE! SELF HATING WHITES!

Heck, we'll even be having the usual "Resetera wants to hang white people/support hanging white people" nonsense posted online now.

So, you know, people not being fucking consistent and also being intellectually dishonest to push (political) narratives. Summed up in short, one-minute free speech and context fucking matter, the next minute, well, we can't be allowing edgy black people to say offensive speech and how can we trust his context?
One is a video which is clearly ment as a joke that has a pug which raises its paw when the owner says the catchphrase, the other is a video of a black man torturing and killing a white man while singing about killing white babies and hanging white people?Do you really not see the difference?
You can google the video yourself and you'll see what I am talking about.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One is a video which is clearly ment as a joke that has a pug in it which raises its paw when the owner says the catchphrase, the other is a video of a black man torturing and killing a white man while singing about killing white babies and hanging white people?Do you really not see the difference?

Yeah, I see something, your inability to see acting in both cases.

You do accept the music video isn't a liveleak video? The white man is... an actor?

Maybe you can argue you find one video more offensive. Maybe Jewish people will side with Meechan's and white people the rap video. But both aren't... real. It's acting.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Yeah, I see something, your inability to see acting in both cases.

You do accept the music video isn't a liveleak video? The white man is... an actor?

Maybe you can argue you find one video more offensive. Maybe Jewish people will side with Meechan's and white people the rap video. But both aren't... real. It's acting.
Ok, so if or when people start making videos about killing other people of other races I hope you'll say the same thing.There's no point in arguing with you if you can't even acknowledge that one video is ment as a joke and one is not.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
While I agree that writing that kind of song is all kinds of wrong, I find it interesting that the outcry happens now that a black rapper makes a song like this and not for the few years we've had a french far-right rap scene with lyrics just as violent towards leftists and minorities.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
While I agree that writing that kind of song is all kinds of wrong, I find it interesting that the outcry happens now that a black rapper makes a song like this and not for the few years we've had a french far-right rap scene with lyrics just as violent towards leftists and minorities.
Is it discussed in France atleast? If someone had made a thread about it here, I'm sure it would be discussed. And probably condemned.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we have to be lenient to artistic expression, and part of that is allowing the absurd and potentially offensive. It's best for a free society, and I would have thought the poster from a "communist" country would agree the most on freedoms of expression.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so if or when people start making videos about killing other people of other races I hope you'll say the same thing.There's no point in arguing with you if you can't even acknowledge that one video is ment as a joke and one is not.

Yeah, one video isn't a joke, it's an attempt at a political statement via the use of reverse imagery. One can argue it fails to do this with the required nuance needed when using such inflammatory lyrics or imagery but it's not literal.

Just in the same way a joke might not be literal.

I never said the black rapper was making a joke, I simply called you out on the disgenious framing of your post to make it appear like "joke video vs literal video". You have the response from the black rapper explaining it wasn't literal and was an attempt at a message. Why do you believe Meechan but not the rapper?

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Yeah, one video isn't a joke, it's an attempt at a political statement via the use of reverse imagery. One can argue it fails to do this with the required nuance needed when using such inflammatory lyrics or imagery but it's not literal.

Just in the same way a joke might not be literal.

I never said the black rapper was making a joke, I simply called you out on the disgenious framing of your post to make it appear like "joke vs literal video". You have the response from the black rapper explaining it wasn't literal and was an attempt at a message. Why do you believe Meechan but not the rapper?
Maybe you missunderstood me or maybe you don't want to understand.I described what is happening in those videos.You can't compare a pug raising his paw to a video of a black man killing a white man and say, yea, they're both the same, because they're not.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you missunderstood me or maybe you don't want to understand.I described what is happening in those videos.You can't compare a pug raising his paw to a video of a black man killing a white man and say, yea, they're both the same, because they're not.

I didn't say the were the same. I said they both weren't literal. Meechan's video says gas the Jews. What's your feelings on that use of a line? 6 million plus Jews died in the Holocaust. If you're presumably a white man offended at this rapper saying hang white people, surely you can understand Jewish people offended by gas the Jews? Literal Jew hatred on the internet in 2018 is still alive and well. It didn't stop with the Holocaust.

So again I'd ask you why Meechan seems to be getting some sort of freedom of expression by yourself because it's a joke but the rapper is more under scrutiny even although it's explained the song and video is an attempt at provoking a response via reverse imagery on racial historic violence.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
I didn't say the were the same. I said they both weren't literal. Meechan's video says gas the Jews. What's your feelings on that use of a line? 6 million plus Jews died in the Holocaust. If you're presumably a white man offended at this rapper saying hang white people, surely you can understand Jewish people offended by gas the Jews? Literal Jew hatred on the internet in 2018 is still alive and well. It didn't stop with the Holocaust.

So again I'd ask you why Meechan seems to be getting some sort of freedom of expression by yourself because it's a joke but the rapper is more under scrutiny even although it's explained the song and video is an attempt at provoking a response via reverse imagery on racial historic violence.
I have jewish and armenian ancestors.I don't think I have to repeat myself about about how I feel about both videos, right?

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
Is it discussed in France atleast? If someone had made a thread about it here, I'm sure it would be discussed. And probably condemned.
I have no doubts about resetera. However if there was an outcry in France then I missed it - and since Nick Conrad was barely known when his song caused outrage it's not even a matter of fame...

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I have no doubts about resetera. However if there was an outcry in France then I missed it - and since Nick Conrad was barely known when his song caused outrage it's not even a matter of fame...
Yeah I don't know about France either as I don't live there. But would be weird indeed if only this sparked an investigation while songs that depict violence towards minorities didn't.

Edit: By depiction I of course mean songs that also could be taken as an encouragement to violence.