• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next camping trip?

• 2/15/19

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2/16/19

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/17/19

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't wish to be spoiled so I'll hold off from the video.

Played a few great rounds tonight, a lot of really fun variety. This game really captures everything great about the series, but you can tell it'll be an easy 9/10 once they complete their planned content.

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
Getting to level 125 takes forever....
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting on those dedicated servers that were coming out in october. Love playing a game for the first time in like a month only to have the host quit and ruin the game for everyone. How this is still a fucking issue is beyond infuriating.

Ha! Just read that now they aren't even expected in a patch until after the update that's still.montjs away. You've got to be kidding me. Host quitting should have been a priority half a year ago. It literally ruins your entire play session. If you aren't going to get dedicated servers up and running within a reasonable time frame, for fuck sake at least implement a new host system for when the original quits. This is absurd.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Hello, slashers! Today we wanted to show you something that will be important to our fans who prefer to play as Jason. In the next update, and when you reach a sufficient progression level, you will be able to switch Jason's weapon. Jason Part VII with a machete? Sure. Roy with a pig splitter? Go for it.

Everyone on the Friday the 13th: The Game team is excited to see the community start experimenting with different Jason & Weapon combinations!

With Jason being able to switch up his arsenal, we're happy to let players know that custom key-binding is on the way for our PC players. We know that this is something that you have wanted for a while now, and our left-handed players have certainly been asking us about, and we're happy to implement this highly requested feature.
http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17105-friday-the-13th-the-game-jason-weapon-swapping-keybinding/

Jason x

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
j0q08b52bth01.gif

Hello slashers, today we're going to take a quick look at improvements coming to Jason's grab animation.

As you can see, Jason's new grab feels more powerful as Jason carries momentum from movement while executing the grab. We are also introducing a sound stinger, which we believe makes it even more unsettling for counselor players who find themselves being scooped up by Jason. In the last update we reworked the area and distance of Jason's grab, and now the improved grab animation makes them look more powerful as well.

Let us know what you think!

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/7zhdur/friday_the_13th_the_game_grab_animation_update/

Nov 29, 2017
Beaufort SC
I just bough this for my oldest son and myself, have they given any time frame for the single player?

I'm not big on multiplayer games, but I wanted to support this and my son loves multiplayer and he is social like his mom. However, I am not.

Thanks for any info.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/818fye/perk_system_update_legendaries/

Good afternoon, counselors!

Today is all about Perks, and the first thing we want to talk about is a slight reworking of the UI which is designed to help players who live with certain types of color blindness. Each perk, as well as the Perk Legend, will include a numerical value of 1 through 6 as a visual indicator of Perk rarity. 1 being for Poor Perks, while 6 will denote Legendary Perks (more on that later in this post).

Next up, let's share some value changes that we are making to Perks.

Easy Listening – Radio proximity recharge rate boost:

• Old Value: 1-10%
  • New Value: 10-40%
Motorboating – Boat movement speed increase

• Old Value: 1-15%
  • New Value: 5-35%
Man at Arms – Weapon durability increase

• Old Value: 5-25%
  • New Value: 5-15%
My Dads a Cop – Cop arrival time reduction

• Old Value: -5 - -30%
  • New Value: -5 - -25%
Quiet Swimmer – Sense detection chance reduction

• Old Value: 1-25%
  • New Value: 5-20%
Lead Foot – Car speed increase

• Old Value: 1-10%
  • New Value: 5-20%
Aquanaut – Swimming speed increase

• Old Value: 1-15%
  • New Value: 5-35%
Finally, we would like to introduce Legendary Perks. Legendary Perks have all the benefits of the Perks that you know and love, but they also include a Legendary Stat Bonus. A Legendary Stat Bonus is a small value increase to a predetermined stat.

For example: You could roll a Legendary Lead Foot Perk with +19 Car Driving Speed, -2 Boat Driving Speed, with a bonus of +4 Car Start Speed.

Or:

You could roll a Legendary Medic Perk with 2 Med Spray uses, an +8 Health Increase, +5 incoming attack damage, with a +3 to Repair Speed.

We'll release a full listing of Legendary Bonus Stats a little closer to when the next update releases.

Please let us know what you think!

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I miss this game so much. Are there less assholes playing than before? Surely they must have gotten tired of trolling people and moved on by now, right?

Deleted member 2317

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I miss this game so much. Are there less assholes playing than before? Surely they must have gotten tired of trolling people and moved on by now, right?
While I didn't start playing until the past month or two, I rarely have host quits and trolls on PS4. Actually, I'm finding it really hard to kill them all as Jason due to such cooperation.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Hello slashers, today let's talk about changes coming to how Jason is selected in Quick Play matches of Friday the 13th: The Game.

With the next update we will be introducing a behind-the-scenes ticket system that improves the selection process governing which player is selected to be Jason. Players who have marked Jason as their spawn preference are given a surplus of tickets. Each time they've played Jason, tickets are subtracted, to reduce the chance of a single player being selected in back to back rounds, even when switching lobbies. An exception would be if that player switched to a lobby with players who have all indicated a preference for playing Counselors.

Counselors - in the event that everyone in the lobby has their preference set to Counselor, one of you will still be selected to play as Jason.

What happens if two players have the exact same amount of tickets, and neither have played Jason lately? The system will randomly select a ticket, and the owner of that ticket will be selected as Jason for the round.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/84pgu8/jason_selection_update/

Last edited:

Deleted member 2317

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I KNEW they put a lot of effort into the loading screen / concept art, it's so wonderfully illustrated! Really excellent work.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Hello Camp Slashers,

We've talked about grab animations, Single Player Challenges, Weapon Switching, Changes to Part 7 Jason, Grab Animation reworking, Roy's Coveralls, the Salt Mines, and Key-binding, and today we're going to talk about some of the improvements coming to the counselor AI in Friday the 13th: The Game's Offline Bots game mode.

• AI will now be equipped with Perks that better match the selected difficulty level. Playing on Hard? The counselors might be packing a Perk that starts them out with a defensive item, just like their human counterparts.

• AI will be better at choosing a hiding spot, and what cabins they should enter based on the number of other counselors in the cabin.

• At higher difficulties, counselors will more carefully select and use weapons, especially weighing their chance to stun. They'll probably ditch that stick for something that packs a bit more punch.

• AI might not be able to appreciate music, but higher difficulty AI will use the radios located in the cabins as a means of distraction.

• Higher difficulty AI can shoot more accurately, place traps, and will attempt to open Jason's traps with pocket knives.

• They have become better at repairing vehicles and letting friends into a repaired car before they take off, as well as getting back onto the road in case they wreck.

• Counselors will react more realistically to sounds – broken windows, doors, walls – and depending on difficulty and the counselor you snatch up, they may have an easier time of breaking free of Jason's grasp.
We believe that these changes will allow our Jason players to face a greater challenge against the Offline Bot AI.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/883fy1/offline_bot_ai_improvements/

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody want a go at this over the weekend? I figured I'd let Easter come and go to see if anybody tried it out for the first time or re-visited it.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Game is still FAS to play

Has there be a comprehensive list put together which list the 'A tier' perks to use per character?.... i find some stuff completely useless and would be lucky if you used them even once in a match and find the more passive perks to be the best

OP
OP
Sketchsanchez

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
99 percent of them are useless but always roll with medic and thick skin

BroggieDoge

Oct 26, 2017
FL
Finally caved on this yesterday on Xbox one.. figured the Friday the 13th weekend XP was a good time to jump in. Played 2 rounds in bot mode to just get a feel for things. Man do I suck, but it's all coming together. Been having a blast online despite this morning where both matches I was doing well and invested in had the host bail out like 14 mins in. If any of you guys play on Xbox let me know so I can add you.

OP
OP
Sketchsanchez

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised if it wasn't. I've been playing the game while listening to the movie soundtracks and it's been amazing.

I highly recommend it. Keep the game music on too.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
99 percent of them are useless but always roll with medic and thick skin

Yep, Medic/Hypochondriac and Thick Skin is all you need. The third is usually a wild card of your preference and to suit your character. The only character that I use something different for is Vanessa: Thick Skin, Marathon, and Restful will let you run Jason in circles for a majority of the match.