• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Next camping trip?

• 2/15/19

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2/16/19

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/17/19

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
http://f13game.com/patch-notes/Aug15th/

Patch Notes [PC]

General Changes and Bugfixes [PC]
General
  • Addressed several issues that were causing players to be interaction locked
  • Fixed an issue that was causing party members to sometimes be unable to join a quickplay lobby with the party leader
Jason
  • Fixed an issue with Part 5 Jason's Shift Duration being lower than intended
  • Sense is no longer automatically cancelled when Jason enters the water
  • Jason's pickaxe kill "Canopener" now appears as "Neck Twisted" instead of "Decapitated on the scoreboard
  • Fixed an issue where window environment kills may temporarily become inaccessible if Jason grabs a counselor that is in the process of vaulting through the window
Counselors
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to sometimes load into a match as a spectator
  • Counselors that have been pulled out of a vehicle will now display the correct struggle animation
  • Small items (medical sprays, firecrackers, etc.) are no longer usable for the counselor that is performing the sweater stun
  • Addressed an issue that would sometimes cause the player to become stuck if the player opened the map while vaulting through a window
Vehicles
  • Added additional countermeasures to prevent players from being able to stand on top of cars
  • Made adjustments to the car escape volumes to prevent vehicles from falling off the map
  • Starting a boat will once again alert Jason via sound effect
  • Fixed an issue where the repair mini game prompt may temporarily not appear if the player is rapidly toggling the repair interact button repeatedly
  • Fixed an issue that caused Jason to be able to walk through cars under certain conditions
  • Fixed an issue where the reverse camera on the vehicles may sometimes not be working properly
Maps
General

• Addressed several counselor exploit locations
  • The medical spray static spawns on the Crystal Lake Large map and the Packanack Large map will once again properly spawn medical sprays
    • Note: The location of static spawners for medical sprays have been adjusted on each map (including Crystal Lake Large and Packanack Large) for this patch and the previous patch.
Jarvis House

• Fixed an issue where a car battery may spawn in an unreachable location
Pinehurst

• Fixed an issue where the boat may disappear upon exiting through any of the Pinehurst boat escape volumes
Single Player Challenges
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to become stuck when activating a stalker point while entering combat stance at the same time

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Gotta say I'm really loving playing with all these noobies from PS+.

It feels like launch day all over again with everyone learning and helping eachother and just having a lot of stupid fun.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really find escaping Jason to be impossible, does anyone have any tips?
Also, how do you choose your counselor and Jason?

You have to work together to escape Jason mostly. Easiest way to escape alone is to find the phone box fuse, repair it, call and wait for the cops. Then survive for 5 minutes by laying low and then leave through the exit.

But yeah, if you are going to escape via boat or car, it requires a few parts and it's easier to work together to get those.

And then actually killing Jason is impossible without at least 2-3 people working together to specifically try and do it.

To choose your counselor and Jason is done on the lobby screen. Just navigate with the D-Pad over to your name and then press left or right and highlight the counselor and Jason boxes and hit the confirm button to go into the select screen. You can also choose your perks and kills there.

Do you have any more specific questions?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
You have to work together to escape Jason mostly. Easiest way to escape alone is to find the phone box fuse, repair it, call and wait for the cops. Then survive for 5 minutes by laying low and then leave through the exit.

But yeah, if you are going to escape via boat or car, it requires a few parts and it's easier to work together to get those.

And then actually killing Jason is impossible without at least 2-3 people working together to specifically try and do it.

To choose your counselor and Jason is done on the lobby screen. Just navigate with the D-Pad over to your name and then press left or right and highlight the counselor and Jason boxes and hit the confirm button to go into the select screen. You can also choose your perks and kills there.

Do you have any more specific questions?
Sorry, I should have clarified better: I meant escaping Jason as in escaping him when he's actively chasing me.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Sorry, I should have clarified better: I meant escaping Jason as in escaping him when he's actively chasing me.

Opening/climbing through windows, barring doors, juking, running past another counselor in the hopes Jason gets distracted, stunning him with a weapon and then running and doing all the things I just mentioned. Jason is OP - you have to be creative to get away. If he's directly on your tail and is of one mind to kill you, only juking and going in and out of windows, stunning him with a weapon or using the pocket knife (which is a passive skill once you pick it up) will get you free from him.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking for a good group of ResetEra players to play with on PSN.

I'm in Taiwan currently and I mainly play around 10pm EST and sometimes around 11am EST.

Just add me if you guys want another relaxed and casual (and respectful) player from the community to play with.

PSN ID SolidChamp

Oct 25, 2017
Will add.

Mine is same as here.

With respect to everybody here, a lot of new folk will be playing. Be encouraging.

If you're still on the fence, then let us know and we'll take you on the famed Crystal Lake tour. One on one can be a blast sometimes too.

I once was Jason against a lone player who was quite skilled so they used a building to constantly keep obstacles and distance from me.

They didn't count on a hidden bear trap (yes you can use those) by a window that ended up taking their last sliver of health away however.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video...nt-future-content-friday-13th-game-exclusive/

"We are disappointed in the court's ruling and disagree with its conclusion. We are considering our options, including an appeal. We understand that this ruling has created confusion among some fans of the franchise and, more specifically, "Friday the 13th: The Game" players who have questions about new Friday the 13th content in the game.

The court was very clear that its ruling in favor of Mr. Miller is limited to the original screenplay in which Jason's mother is the killer and that Mr. Miller's termination notice did not purport to terminate Horror, Inc.'s separate copyright in the iconic supernatural killer who wears a hockey mask. While the ruling does not prevent Gun from continuing to sell and operate the existing game, it may complicate adding certain content to the current game in the future.

Some have asked if a settlement could be reached with Victor Miller to enable the creation of new content. Even if Gun were in a position to continue to fund the game while it was waiting for such questions to be resolved, there is no evidence to date that such a settlement is possible.

Friday the 13th director Sean Cunningham has previously reached out directly to Victor Miller to discuss a settlement. Miller responded by refusing to talk to Sean. Work on new content for fans was suspended because of the position that Miller has taken.

Given Miller's unwillingness to discuss settlement to date and following the guidelines set down by the Court's ruling, Horror Inc. intends to aggressively explore many opportunities for new projects featuring settings and characters not included in Mr. Miller's screenplay.

Horror, Inc. will be providing additional details on the new Friday the 13th projects in the near future."

Oct 25, 2017
SolidChamp your PSN settings prevented me from adding you. Not sure what I did wrong.

Had a bit of a go over the weekend, and yes people were 'in' to it.

At one point my perks and skill choices were reset, my level and unlocks remain, along with my meagre CP.

I was content to just play a few matches without voice, because my mic has gone walkies.

This was all fine until I realised both my counseller and Jason settings were set to randomised.

"Part 9 Jason" is the zombie-fied gloried cameo of Master Voorhees from Jason Goes To Hell.

He's unlocked at a relatively low level, but one of the last Jason's you're able to collect.

Newer players may be saddened to learn not all of the Jason renditions featured are created equal.

My left thumb always hurts like hell in this game because I'm constantly trying to move faster as Jason so I'm always pressing on the left thumbstick.

Part 9 Jason is ridiculously slow, and my skills were definitely a little atrophied.

I may have been 'beaten' as Jason (although you can't really call it that when asymmetrical multiplayer means asymmetrical victory conditions) but the best thing about the match was hearing them freak out.

Others were yelling and swearing when I went after them in the car.

I got a couple of them.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I did the virtual cabin thing a few days ago with a friend and man that teaser at the end is a heart breaker.

May 31, 2018
I'm on ps4 and if anyone wants to friend me and party up my ID is PrimetimeKnight. Would also like to get a group that can try to kill Jason with the sweater trick if possible, if anyone's interested.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I did the virtual cabin thing a few days ago with a friend and man that teaser at the end is a heart breaker.

Now you've got me curious, but I hate puzzles and never got to the end of this. How puzzle intensive is it and how long did it take you?

I'm on ps4 and if anyone wants to friend me and party up my ID is PrimetimeKnight. Would also like to get a group that can try to kill Jason with the sweater trick if possible, if anyone's interested.

I'll add you, but I've never successfully taken down Jason even though I know how. There's just so many things that have to go perfectly for it to happen.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now you've got me curious, but I hate puzzles and never got to the end of this. How puzzle intensive is it and how long did it take you?

I'll add you, but I've never successfully taken down Jason even though I know how. There's just so many things that have to go perfectly for it to happen.
We used a guide to do it. It would be extremely extremely hard without it but its worth seeing thr experience first hand.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SolidChamp your PSN settings prevented me from adding you. Not sure what I did wrong.

Had a bit of a go over the weekend, and yes people were 'in' to it.

At one point my perks and skill choices were reset, my level and unlocks remain, along with my meagre CP.

I was content to just play a few matches without voice, because my mic has gone walkies.

This was all fine until I realised both my counseller and Jason settings were set to randomised.

"Part 9 Jason" is the zombie-fied gloried cameo of Master Voorhees from Jason Goes To Hell.

He's unlocked at a relatively low level, but one of the last Jason's you're able to collect.

Newer players may be saddened to learn not all of the Jason renditions featured are created equal.

My left thumb always hurts like hell in this game because I'm constantly trying to move faster as Jason so I'm always pressing on the left thumbstick.

Part 9 Jason is ridiculously slow, and my skills were definitely a little atrophied.

I may have been 'beaten' as Jason (although you can't really call it that when asymmetrical multiplayer means asymmetrical victory conditions) but the best thing about the match was hearing them freak out.

Others were yelling and swearing when I went after them in the car.

I got a couple of them.

I added you.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About to play soon. Anyone wanna join??

I changed my privacy settings so I won't have problems with people trying to add me.

PSN: SolidChamp

May 31, 2018
Hey Maligna, were you the one last night I was playing with. I joined your lobby and played a few games with you I think. You were the counselor with the blue outfit and pearl necklace that hid in the bathroom for like 5-10 minutes. If that was you I hope we can play again soon, its so much better playing with people who talk than 90% of the randoms with no mics.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hey Maligna, were you the one last night I was playing with. I joined your lobby and played a few games with you I think. You were the counselor with the blue outfit and pearl necklace that hid in the bathroom for like 5-10 minutes. If that was you I hope we can play again soon, its so much better playing with people who talk than 90% of the randoms with no mics.

Yup. That was me.

I was so pissed off at that Tommy Jarvis that was ignoring me while I was telling him to pick up the machete, while my character had the sweater so that we could kill you as Jason. Haha. I've had the game since launch and haven't been able to do it, I was hoping you'd let me take you out. (I'd of course return the favor when I was Jason next )

But yeah, I definitely had fun. But it was getting late and I had work in the morning, so when the game kicked me back to the menu I quit for the night.

I'll try to jump on again tonight!

May 31, 2018
I am surprised how much fun it is playing as Jason. I played Dead by Daylight quite a bit when that hit PS+ for free but I usually preferred to play as a survivor instead of the killer. Its quite the opposite with this game. I do wish this game gave you the option to pick either like how it does in DBD instead of random shuffle.

Overall though I think I like this game better for starters because I'm a huge F13 movie fan and this game was made by people who clearly love the franchise. I also like the variety of play for the counselors whereas in DBD its purely repairing gens but I do feel its easier to survive in DBD than F13.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am surprised how much fun it is playing as Jason. I played Dead by Daylight quite a bit when that hit PS+ for free but I usually preferred to play as a survivor instead of the killer. Its quite the opposite with this game. I do wish this game gave you the option to pick either like how it does in DBD instead of random shuffle.

Overall though I think I like this game better for starters because I'm a huge F13 movie fan and this game was made by people who clearly love the franchise. I also like the variety of play for the counselors whereas in DBD its purely repairing gens but I do feel its easier to survive in DBD than F13.

Yup. Way more teamwork required in F13.

Glad you're digging it though. This game is really addictive for some reason.

May 31, 2018
I downloaded it a few days ago and my character is already at level 31 which to me seems pretty good. It does go to show you just how addictive it is and how much I've been playing.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The love the developers had for the series is evident. Everything in the game intrigued me so much that I went out and got all of the movies and watched them. The only one I had seen when I was younger was part 9 (bad) and Freddy vs Jason (loved it).

Now that I've seen them all I'm a die hard fan and it's all thanks to this game.