• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Next camping trip?

• 2/15/19

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2/16/19

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/17/19

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
http://forum.f13game.com/topic/21408-october-event-celebration/

Hello campers! Let's welcome the spookiest time of year with a whole month's of in-game events!

Week 1 - 10/2 - 10/9: 1.3 XP

Week 2 - 10/9 - 10/15: 1.7 XP

Week 3 - 10/16 - 10/22: Details on 10/16

Week 4 - 10/23 - 10/31: Details on 10/23

Special Event - 10/12 - 10/31: More details on Friday 10/12!

I'm not spoiling the surprise, but there are some higher tier events as we get closer to the end of October.

Last edited:

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
So I've been playing this over the weekend thanks to PS+, and I have been enjoying the silliness and scares. I think I have an okay handle on playing as both counselors and Jason. Actually managed to get a clean 7/7 on my very first time as Jason! 100% sure we were all newbies, which made it extremely fun.

Haven't had the same beginner's luck since!

Also managed to survive by escaping through the cars and the boat as well as just getting through the night. Haven't been able to call the cops or kill Jason. Would love to see the latter happen live!

I'd also like to play with folks from here, so I'll leave my PSN ID for those who want to party up.

Howlin_Forever

Just let me know in the friend requests you got the ID from here! I don't accept requests without a message.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/21449-faq-content-legal-status-and-the-future-of-the-game/

Hey Campers,

Long time no see, I hope you're well. Been a crazy few months, huh? I know there's a lot of questions you all have about the game, future content, legal, etc, etc. We rounded up the most frequently asked questions from the community and worked with the license holders to answer them.

Everything we put out or say publicly (including this very forum post) must be approved by the license holders. Some of you will have more questions after reading this below, however, we are not currently able to answer them. Please do not think this is me, or anyone from Gun ignoring you. Please understand the sensitivity and seriousness that the entire F13 IP is currently tangled up in. I spent the last few weeks with legal and the license holders getting these answers. When we know more and can share it, we will.

Q: Does this mean you (Gun Media) can create new DLC now?

A: We cannot currently add new DLC or Content to the game and it is unclear if this can ever happen. We can only perform maintenance, balance, QoL fixes and bug fixes.

Q: Why won't/when will Gun Media add Uber Jason/Grendel/Clothing DLC?

A: The entire license is currently under a legal microscope. We wish this was a more clear-cut, black and white scenario, but it is not. There is a lot of gray. We hope that in the near future more legal clarity will occur, but this is not Gun's call. As mentioned previously, at this time we can not add any new content, regardless of where the content falls within the F13 canon (Uber Jason for example).

While Uber Jason appeared to be close to being finished, there was still remaining work that needs to be completed in order to finish him. When we got word to stop, we stopped. There were clothing packs and kill packs that were also nearly complete. However, the Grendel map still had months of work to go. When this content was leaked, we were under 50% complete. It is not likely that Grendel will ever see the light of day.

Q: Why did you (Gun Media) decide to stop making content?

A: The decision was made for us to stop making content due to the sensitivity of the legal process. Gun does not own rights to Friday the 13th: The Game. We continue to work with our partners at Horror, Inc. as more information unfolds. Gun wants to release content, as do our partners at Horror. Until more clarity is provided, we can not add new content.

Q: Why won't you (Gun Media) settle with/pay Victor Miller to create content?

A: Gun is not a part of the legal issues surrounding the license. It is not our call to "settle" or "pay" anyone as it relates to the legal issues. Our partners at Horror, Inc have reached out a few times in an effort to settle with Mr. Miller. However, we were informed that this communication was ignored. We hope that all parties can come together in the future, so we can add some new content, but it's not likely, nor should it be expected.

Q: Why won't Horror Inc. settle with Miller so you can create content?

A: As mentioned previously, this has been attempted in the past with no progress. Our partners at Horror, Inc will continue to reach out to Mr. Miller, but until communication lines are opened up, there is very little we, or our partners can do at this time.

-Wes Keltner

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
So how is this switch game able to be released??.....

qDbi8pI.jpg

I thought seeing what with the legal issue going on with Friday The 13th atm no usage of the ip would be aloud?

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Are you able to find lobbies easily on PC? Or is it kind of dead since PC hasn't received the steep sales or free game with ps +?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Current product already released is not affected, the lawsuit mainly deals with future releases using the IP.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
I've gotta say, having the game be a Plus title has really rejuvenated my interest in the game. Met a few people who I enjoy having matches with, and now we play every couple of days. Reminds me back when the GAF crew would form lobbies and have a blast.

It also always feels good to have people go, "Savini Jason!" when I enter a lobby.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So whats the consensus, is the PS4 or Xbox the best version (between those two)? I have a Pro and an X and was wondering which version to get.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

So whats the consensus, is the PS4 or Xbox the best version (between those two)? I have a Pro and an X and was wondering which version to get.
At the beginning the ps4 was better but they improved the textures later on the xbox so right now i don't which version is better. From what i can tell from the beginning the ps4 was better.

Nov 18, 2017
Okay. So the blu ray set won't get crazy expensive? :P
I've always wanted to buy the films for Halloween viewing.

I marathoned them last year, and it felt like I was giving myself brain damage.

As for Gun... I have no idea why they don't build on this game with their own IP - they could re-use a lot of the assets. Or use another existing horror IP. Maybe they or another developer will take up the torch, as there's something wonderful at the heart of F13: The Game and though impressive, it has nothing to do with the F13th Movie IP, and everything to do with how great a party game it is. If a big developer gave it their full resource you could have a real expansive online game with seasonal passes and tons of unlockable kill content, weapons and aesthetics etc.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I supported this via kickstarter and still haven't played it lol. I need to get on this.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Bruh maybe nobody plays the game anymore

OP
OP
Sketchsanchez

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow it's been over a year. I hardly play this anymore and it's mostly dead but at least they still patch it.

I have it on xb1 and ps4 if anyone wants to play

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
This game has been a bit of a phenomenon amongst my friend group since it was free on PS+. The 3 ladies who don't play as many games as us guys have really enjoyed it, my partner in particular jumps at any opportunity to play it and she's really good too.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love this game so much as there isn't much else like it on the market. Still play it pretty frequently on PS4. I usually kill everyone when I'm Jason.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Wow it's been over a year. I hardly play this anymore and it's mostly dead but at least they still patch it.

I have it on xb1 and ps4 if anyone wants to play

All you have to do is shoot me an invite and I'll be down.

But, yeah, I was pretty heavily into this game before they announced no more content. I'm happy they keep updating the game, but most of the time the patches break something. DbD is my go-to now as I enjoy the competitive nature of it, but Friday is a damn fun time and one of my favorites from 2017.