• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Next camping trip?

• 2/15/19

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2/16/19

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/17/19

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Well, it's official: no new content even if the case is resolved.

Hey Campers,

Sorry for the silence as of recent. It's been a tough couple weeks, as I'm sure you're aware. But I wanted to address a few questions that I've had sent to me personally, as well as questions we've received through the official F13 channels. These questions vary but all have a similar tone/request. "Is there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?" The answer is no.

Development on games can't just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn't work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can't keep building content that may never see the light of day. That's bad business. I've also had questions about adding "non-F13" related content to the game. "Can't you make a new level or a new counselor that has nothing to do with the films?" We can't do that either. We can't add any content, whatsoever. Nada. Not even a new tree or rock. We can only focus on console dedicated servers, bug fixes, and maintenance.

I know this isn't the news you wanted to hear and I wish the situation were different. But it's the painful truth. I appreciate your passion and look forward to seeing everyone around camp.

-W

Link: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20227-questions-about-future-content/

We all know from PC hacks that Uber Jason and his kills are finished, as well as another kill pack. Shame that they won't get around to releasing them when the ruling is over, but I understand from a business prospective. With that, I think my time with the game is over.

Oct 25, 2017
No new content is fine.

I would hope the game still gets improvements as we have all expected it would.

I'm a fan of the game, I just want more people playing it

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd hope that they could do the TF2 method once the ruling comes out and put a couple people on the F13 game. That might still be asking for too much--but a good, fleshed out F13 always seemed like too much to ask for. Now that it's within their grasp, it's painful to see them forced into walking away.

Oct 27, 2017
My hope: Friday the 13th: The Game - Part II someday. You'd think they'd have some kind of interest in this when the lawsuit is over. I mean, honestly what else are they known for? And they obviously have some half-fleshed out content that they were working on and is now going to waste. Someday if they can secure the rights again, repurpose that into a sequel. Or a re-launch. Something. This is a terrible way to end a game that was promised to "be supported for years to come" on Kickstarter. Do right by your fans someday. That's all we really ask in the end.

OP
OP
Sketchsanchez

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I mean it sounds like he's saying we can't keep employing some of the crew indefinitely hoping for a settlement. Ideally, hopefully once it's all settled they can relaunch as Part II (that doesn't lock out existing owners).

Also hopefully that this leads to a movie to coincide with it.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
This was supposed to have ended back in October and it's still going on. So it's sad but true, they can't just keep working and paying employees and not release anything without any idea when or if this is going to get settled. This could go on for another year or two.

This kinda seems like it's gonna end their little studio soon, unless they are working on another project, cause this was pretty much their only game and had to get it kickstarted in the first place.

DAREALGUMMY

Oct 25, 2017
This sucks. I really had a blast playing the game. I really do hope they improve the game even more with fixes. Just glad the SP stuff came out so we had some kind of final big update. I hope we find out what the mode they were teasing was.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So despite their claim that theyre still coming, theres still no way were getting dedicated servers at this point correct? I mean i can't imagine it would be economical to implement a year after release when the population is low and theyre facing legal struggles. Which makes it all the more obnoxious that they absolutely refused to implement host switching when host rage quits break the game. That should have been priority 1 after the game started to become more stable to serve as a bandaide while they "implemented" dedicated servers. Because now it seems we'll get neither (again despite what they say, I'm done believing them about dedicated servers at this point). And thats really frustrating because I love the game but can't keep playing it when host quitting is such an issue.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/8u42k4/another_f13_lawsuit_post/

NoN2rK5.png

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't think the guys at Gun are going to be able to put anything else out, regardless of what Victor is saying here. The fact is they are waiting for a resolution and can't have people sitting around waiting or working on stuff they can never release. Truth be told, this judge had everything he needed in October. Jackass should've ruled by now. Just another instance of the law taking way too long when all the facts are present.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Eh Victor doesn't know anything about game development. The folks at Gun can't sit around the offices for months/years waiting for a verdict while not making any money anymore. It sounds like he thinks the game will be ok once it's in his hands or this is over, but that's not how it works.

Oct 27, 2017
I get what Victor is trying to do, but he should've just left it alone. It's been 35 years. Let it go already. The only thing him and Cunningham are doing at this point is damaging the franchise. That being said, Cunningham should've tried to compromise w/ Victor. But alas, here we are. Disappointing all around.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just want dedicated servers. Or a fix to host quits. There should be no excuse for this not be the absolute immediate goal

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They have said multiple times that the dedicated servers are coming to consoles as one of their current plans along with bug fixes.
I'm aware, like a year ago. Their release was supposed to be october, of last year. I have trouble believing them at all about dedicated servers. Which is fine if they cant manage it but they should be implementing host switching then at least, and shouldn't have pushed the game's foremost game breaking issue this long down the line. It just feels like an excuse to not fix it while we wait for dedicated servers which don't even really make sense from a cost perspective at this point in the game's lifecycle. Its frustrating. The game is great. But I'm tired of finding a game and spending 10 minutes playing only to have it crash because they refused to fix host quits by this point.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
http://f13game.com/patch-notes/July3rd/

General Changes and Bugfixes

General
  • Fixed several issues that were causing crashes
  • Fixed an issue where the match would sometimes end prematurely even when there are Counselors still alive on the map
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to load into a match with a different character than the one that was chosen
Jason
  • Fixed an issue that caused counselors to shake uncontrollably during Jason's grab kills
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Top Popper kill to sometimes behave erratically near solid objects
Counselors
  • No more giant weapons
  • Counselors can no longer cancel out of the sweater stun animation by using an emote
  • Fixed an issue that caused counselors to continue the repair animation even after death
  • Fixed a bug that caused counselors to temporarily lose parts of their model when entering a hiding spot and stepping on a bear trap at the same time
  • Fixed a visual bug that occured when a counselor stunned Jason at the same time that they are grabbed
  • Fixed an issue that occured when a counselor holds their breath at the same time that they are exiting out from under a bed
Vehicles
  • Fixed several issues that allowed players to get on top of a moving car without dying to the kill volume
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to sometimes become stuck inside the vehicle after repairing
  • Made adjustments to the collision volume that exists on top of boats
Maps
General

• Addressed several counselor exploit locations on various maps
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Counselors to die if they escaped via the car in Higgins Haven, Crystal Lake, or Packanack
  • Fixed an issue that caused drawers to sometimes close after they have been opened
  • Addressed an issue that allowed players to leave the boundaries of the map through the police exit
  • Fixed an issue that caused an inconsistent number of Medical Sprays to spawn in Packanack Small, Higgins Haven Small, and Crystal Lake Small
  • Added an additional countermeasure to the firepits to prevent players from dropping repair parts into them
Higgins Haven

• Fixed a crash that would occur when breaking one of the doors in Higgins Haven
Jarvis House

• Added a car blocking volume underneath the Jarvis House
Pinehurst

• Fixed a bug that allowed players to walk through one of the walls in the Halfway House
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to walk on water in some areas of the map
  • Fixed some texture issues that were occurring in some areas of the map
Single Player Challenges
  • Fixed an issue that caused Pamela's VO to play twice after certain special cinematic kills
  • Added a collision volume to the upstairs bedroom in Power Struggle and Stargazing to prevent players from dropping the bots into a location that the bots are unable to escape from
  • Fixed an issue on Lights Out that sometimes prevented A.J. and Kenny from escaping
Offline Bots
  • Bots will now correctly fix broken power generators
  • Bots will no longer turn on their flashlights while in a hiding spot
UI
  • Fixed an issue where Jason was not in the correct spot on the scoreboard

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So they rode out the "engine update" excuse so as not to update the game like promised before the lawsuit deadline? Is that for real?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And apparently mods were trying to delete posts in an attempt to cover it up over there? What is happening?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
And apparently mods were trying to delete posts in an attempt to cover it up over there? What is happening?

The person who posted the comment originally is kinda back peddaling on his comment:

wampumstompum
1 point · 12 hours ago
A few, which means spring, and I was asking about the case in general. Deadline was on my brain and I misspoke. Not my fault someone pick this up and ran with it with all their might. The info is simply wrong and this thread is unnecessary.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So they rode out the "engine update" excuse so as not to update the game like promised before the lawsuit deadline? Is that for real?

How does that make any sense? They added content to the game and put work into it. The only thing that reddit is really highlighting, is that Gun was aware of the lawsuit problems and deadline looming over them since last year probably. They still added content to the game along with the engine update knowing that it could end at any time.

Fuck off into space with this shit if true.

I don't see why it would be, updating the game's engine would have taken a ton of work to put in. So if they went and worked on and added in Jason X and the Grendel we would have not gotten the engine update or the single player challenges? Updating the engine is an excuse how? You don't just flip a switch and it works, plus they did add in new content in that time frame including what was in the engine update patch.

Either way they went with this, the deadline was gonna have them cutting future content from the game.

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The person who posted the comment originally is kinda back peddaling on his comment:

wampumstompum
1 point · 12 hours ago
A few, which means spring, and I was asking about the case in general. Deadline was on my brain and I misspoke. Not my fault someone pick this up and ran with it with all their might. The info is simply wrong and this thread is unnecessary.
People followed up asking him questions that he didn't respond to. A few months means a few months. I don't see how he mispoke here when he confirms that it was still a few months where they knew about it.

It still comes down to the question of when did Gun know and when did they tell us.

If they knew before they announced and didn't tell anyone then a lot of people who bought the game, in the time period of they knew but didn't say, till now, have a justified reason to be upset.

Imagine if you found out, at the last minute, that you could never release Never Hike Alone in any shape or form after making it, despite being told at an earlier time that you could. That's what a lot of fans are feeling right now.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
What I want to know is this.

If this game dies and can be found in the bargain bin, can I play Single player without an online connection?

Can this be played local multiplayer without an online connection?

Thanks. Always considered picking this up eventually but right now that seems to be a waste unless I can still play after all is said and done.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
People followed up asking him questions that he didn't respond to. A few months means a few months. I don't see how he mispoke here when he confirms that it was still a few months where they knew about it.

Kinda two edged sword, coming out with the info would have killed any game sales early, while they likely were hoping that in the meantime for the case to get resolved and everything would have kept going without a hitch. Should they have said something? Morally yes, but at same time I think it's clear they knew saying anything would have killed their game early when they still had time.

The ones to me that got screwed the most here are the kickstarter backers who never got or never will get the various items they paid for like the art books. The game at least is out and if they keep fixing, is still playable for the foreseeable future, but those ppl in the kickstarter are never getting their stuff they paid for.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Has the authenticity of this been confirmed?

I mean the devs said they'll still be working on the game with fixes and updates (bar maps and characters) so maybe before they have finished fixing all the bugs the ruling might have taken place!???

It doesn't really matter, Miller has no say on what the developers do, nor does he pay their salaries. The case was supposed to have been done back in October but its still going and could for a lot longer. They can't actively pay and work on content for a game not knowing when it can be released, if ever. The devs have stated that it's over, so pretty sure they moved on and when asked if the ruling were soon, if they would continue they pretty much said no.

Miller is an older fellow, doubt he truly understands how games development goes and is trying to act like everything is going to be ok once the ruling comes out.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't really matter, Miller has no say on what the developers do, nor does he pay their salaries. The case was supposed to have been done back in October but its still going and could for a lot longer. They can't actively pay and work on content for a game not knowing when it can be released, if ever. The devs have stated that it's over, so pretty sure they moved on and when asked if the ruling were soon, if they would continue they pretty much said no.

Miller is an older fellow, doubt he truly understands how games development goes and is trying to act like everything is going to be ok once the ruling comes out.

Well the amount of issues they have to fix before they can wash there hands with it will probably take them past the ruling date anyways!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Well the amount of issues they have to fix before they can wash there hands with it will probably take them past the ruling date anyways!

They likely already reduced the staff involved, and are likely already looking at or starting new projects since this is essentially their only game, they are gonna need more work elsewhere. They had taken on some new staff while back to help with the game, they are probably already gone with only a few left even working on this for the bug fixes. They stopped development of new content, and to restart and resume such a project would cost them more money to invest and get back on track if they have cut staff and moved onto other things. And the more time that passes, the less involved Gun will be with this.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
If they put those kill moves in and didn't say anything would anyone that has anything to do with the legal aspects of this whole shit show actually even notice!!??