• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
A thread came up recently about how Americans were so easy to buy into the "minorities game the welfare system" or something of that ilk, and some were so amazed at how American's bought into the propaganda. A friendly reminder that white people think black people are supernatural, or "would be supernatural" if anyone could be.

Waytz says the superhuman bias may result in part from "long-held stereotypes about toughness, aggression, physicality, and sexuality." Whites see blacks as athletic and aggressive, and so it's easier to picture them running as fast as a jet or picking up a tank.

Matthew Hughey, a sociologist at the University of Connecticut, notes that at the turn of the 20th century blacks began succeeding at popular sports, and "commentators began to emphasize white cognitive superiority in contrast to the supposedly savage and unbridled physical superiority of blacks. Accordingly, a popular culture narrative of 'black brawn' versus 'white brains' emerged."

Pain tolerance would go along with that narrative, based on what Kurt Gray and Daniel Wegner called moral typecasting. In any instance of intentional helping and hurting, we perceive an agent and a patient, a doer and a doee. They found that the more you cast someone as an active doer, the less you see the person as susceptible to things being done. Villains and heroes such as Hitler and the Dalai Lama, for instance, were considered relatively impervious to pain. Fitting this explanation, Waytz and colleagues found that the more people "superhumanized" blacks, the less pain sensitivity they attributed to them.

So yeah, folks should never be surprised at the "---- While Black" instances, or anything else. It's ingrained in some people's subconscious that black folk MAY BE magical on some level...

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some people even think they have an extra muscle in their ankles that make them run faster. People are idiots

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
bbe51fabed77464ff442fe0ed7411c0d--playwright-white-privilege.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
And as an extra PSA a lot of medical professionals believe extremely racist shit about African Americans, mainly that our need for pain medication is lower or non-existent, that our pain thresholds are significantly higher than that of the next comparable white person, and that we heal faster than white people.

And to add into all that black children are viewed to be significantly older than they actually are
WASHINGTON — Black boys as young as 10 may not be viewed in the same light of childhood innocence as their white peers, but are instead more likely to be mistaken as older, be perceived as guilty and face police violence if accused of a crime, according to new research published by the American Psychological Association.

"Children in most societies are considered to be in a distinct group with characteristics such as innocence and the need for protection. Our research found that black boys can be seen as responsible for their actions at an age when white boys still benefit from the assumption that children are essentially innocent," said author Phillip Atiba Goff, PhD, of the University of California, Los Angeles. The study was published online in APA's Journal of Personality and Social Psychology®.

Researchers tested 176 police officers, mostly white males, average age 37, in large urban areas, to determine their levels of two distinct types of bias — prejudice and unconscious dehumanization of black people by comparing them to apes. To test for prejudice, researchers had officers complete a widely used psychological questionnaire with statements such as "It is likely that blacks will bring violence to neighborhoods when they move in." To determine officers' dehumanization of blacks, the researchers gave them a psychological task in which they paired blacks and whites with large cats, such as lions, or with apes. Researchers reviewed police officers' personnel records to determine use of force while on duty and found that those who dehumanized blacks were more likely to have used force against a black child in custody than officers who did not dehumanize blacks.

OP
OP
Chrome Hyena

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
And as an extra PSA a lot of medical professionals believe extremely racist shit about African Americans, mainly that our need for pain medication is lower or non-existent, that our pain thresholds are significantly higher than that of the next comparable white person, and that we heal faster than white people.

And to add into all that black children are viewed to be significantly older than they actually are
This especially. so much bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
Basically white people think we're on the verge of turning into the fucking rage zombies from 28 days later at the slightest provocation, but they're okay with us as long as we run towards the end zone real fast and dunk the ball good.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember posting this myself maybe here or maybe on gaf before the exodus. This why you should always look at a White person like they're crazy when they tell you some shit like "I don't have a racist bone in my body" or whatever. Bullshit. Racist programming is the default we all have to work everyday of our lives to undue it

Oct 25, 2017
Remember posting this myself maybe here or maybe on gaf before the exodus. This why you should always look at a White person like they're crazy when they tell you some shit like "I don't have a racist bone in my body" or whatever. Bullshit. Racist programming is the default we all have to work everyday of our lives to undue it
exactly the racism isn't coming from inside the house the racism is literally what the fucking house is made out of

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
They think we are Superboy Prime and will rip them on half or something ridiculous like that for the slightest thing..

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Medical Apartheid by Harriet Washington should be required reading because it goes into these exact historical abuses from the medical community fueled by bigoted nonsense toward black people and non-scientific theories that justified generations of experimentation on black people.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

This

and I'm white too

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Subconsciously, they view us as feral beasts that speak. That's how they carry themselves.

Mike Brown was, to paraphrase, as strong as Hulk Hogan and made a demon face before he got into football stance and charged an armed police officer. The stupid ass grand jury all nodded in agreement at the above testimony.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I remember growing up and hearing about muscle development being easier for black people due to naturally higher levels of testosterone. I never actually looked it up but just realized I've carried it around as a truth in my head for awhile.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
So, basically we're subhuman superhumans to some of these people? How do they even reconcile this in their minds?

Oct 25, 2017
So, basically we're subhuman superhumans to some of these people? How do they even reconcile this in their minds?
Whatever is more ideologically convenient at the time that's why Obama was at once a dumb idiot who's the worst president the country's ever had and also a brilliant Mastermind who engineered major catastrophes

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Still tryna find the muscles "only black people have" and activate them

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
exactly the racism isn't coming from inside the house the racism is literally what the fucking house is made out of
This. Especially the second. Even if you aren't maliciously racist it's subconscious because the way this damn country is.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Yup. Unless I'm mistaken this was either printed in school books or stated on the local news as fact in the 80's or early 90's.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
*Insert Japanese manga trope here*

😑
reminds me of terraformars (spoilering pics because they're too racist imo)

nN5EpFJ.png

927.jpg

terra-formars-guns.png

y55w7jK.jpg

also, of course, searching for "terra formars racist" on google, as if the manga itself wasn't racist enough, i found even more racist edits of the manga with kfc buckets and stuff. wtf people

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

nN5EpFJ.png

927.jpg

terra-formars-guns.png

y55w7jK.jpg

also, of course, searching for "terra formars racist" on google, as if the manga itself wasn't racist enough, i found even more racist edits of the manga with kfc buckets and stuff. wtf people

Man, I remember this. Fuuuuuuck Terraformars!

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

nN5EpFJ.png

927.jpg

terra-formars-guns.png

y55w7jK.jpg

Remember back in the old place we had people defending this shit?

Resetera is far from perfect but is definitely a step up from that cesspool.

Deleted member 6230

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yes. The 'Magical Negro' trope is as old as time.
This is radically different from the magical negro trope. This is why the cops are way more likely to use excessive force against black people, why white people are generally fearful of black people, and why the medical field assumes we have higher pain tolerance. The magical negro trope is a media trope which doesn't reflect this phenomenon at all

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
People think I'm the fucking hulk when they look at me..... Always called upon when heavy lifting is needed.....

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is why I yell at clowns who think Medicare 4 all is somehow a fix all.

"Yay I have free healthcare.... oops my racist doctor prescribed me insufficient dosage for my medication so I still die!"

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I yell at clowns who think Medicare 4 all is somehow a fix all.

"Yay I have free healthcare.... oops my racist doctor prescribed me insufficient dosage for my medication so I still die!"
Yep and that's why it's so frustrating to see people who call themselves leftists downplay race issues because they just don't want to deal with the reality of the world that they live in

Deleted member 6230

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep and that's why it's so frustrating to see people who call themselves leftists downplay race issues because they just don't want to deal with the reality of the world that they live in
Saying this as a Black leftist; giving people healthcare will no doubt make people's lives better and end a lot of suffering that disproportionately affects the black community.

Oct 25, 2017
Saying this as a Black leftist; giving people healthcare will no doubt make people's lives better and end a lot of suffering that disproportionately affects the black community.
I mean of course that goes without saying but we have that contingent of leftist who very conveniently ignore racial politics in their policy considerations. I'm not picky I will scrimp and I will strip and I will beg for any progress that we can get but fucking hell it gets difficult to deal with some of our so-called allies.

a hell of a lot of liberals deny the existence of struggle just like the fucking conservatives do they're just cuter about it

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

Superman should have black.

Deleted member 6230

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean of course that goes without saying but we have that contingent of leftist who very conveniently ignore racial politics in their policy considerations. I'm not picky I will scrimp and I will strip and I will beg for any progress that we can get but fucking hell it gets difficult to deal with some of our so-called allies.

a hell of a lot of liberals deny the existence of struggle just like the fucking conservatives do they're just cuter about it
Class reductionist suck. No doubt about that. The opposite of that to me also sucks.