• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much will you pay me to sit and reminisce with a select few of you fuckers about the old times on NeoGAF?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How would a proper reunion episode even work? It would probably take a lot to put all the characters back together, now 20 years down the line. They pretty much all split up and went their separate ways.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
How would a proper reunion episode even work? It would probably take a lot to put all the characters back together, now 20 years down the line. They pretty much all split up and went their separate ways.

I'd imagine a simple and generic plot is someone's kid is getting married.

Oct 25, 2017
Someone's kid is going to say "we were on a break" and the laugh track will drown out the audio for a full 35 minutes

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
If this ends up being just an interview episode there are a lot of people who are going to be upset.

most on twitter are expecting a 'proper' episode, so anything short of that is going to cause major bad will I think

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
The show sucks, but Ross in particular is especially trash. I have no idea how the actor is outside of that character though. edit- he was perfect in band of brothers tho

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure it's not just poor wording and by unscripted they mean the script has still to be written at this moment in time?

Otherwise I fail to see why they'd get paid so much for an interview and getting the producers on board.
This. No way would they get paid so much, have the original show creators involved and have the cast all listed as executive producers for some 1 hr retrospective interview.

I bet this is to test the waters and if HBO Max gets bigger sub numbers than they ever expected, I could see them doing a 10 episode season 11

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Are we sure it's not just poor wording and by unscripted they mean the script has still to be written at this moment in time?

Otherwise I fail to see why they'd get paid so much for an interview and getting the producers on board.

No. The rumor from the start has been that it would be a talk show type thing.

Nov 1, 2017
The rumors that have been circling for months and the language in the announcement make it pretty clear this is just an interview type thing. Which is dumb as hell!

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A true Friends reunion would be Ross divorcing Rachel, then marrying Rachel again at the end.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the thread title, I started to imagine a special that is just jammed with shitty callbacks but this sounds even worse, wtf?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Give me Family Matters, you fucks!

I don't CARE if Jaleel White says he can't do the Urkel voice anymore, back a Brinks truck up to his damn house and he'll figure something out.

On topic: HBO just throwing out that fuck you money if this isn't an actual new episode.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It was only Joey that moved significantly far away (and that was after the show finished). Phoebe, Mike, Ross and Rachel all live in Manhattan and Chandler and Monica live in the burbs but still work in the city.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
So why is everyone so sure those are just interviews? Chances are high, but does 'unscripted' always mean interviews?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Sounds like a retrospective, kinda boring tbh. Give me a reboot/sequel with the original friends as guest stars playing the parents of their kids who are the main characters, living in NY after college.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
if it's not an episode then i'm not interested.

Jetpaction

Jun 2, 2019
The Netherlands
I could see it work as an in-show reunion, where the six of them planned to meet at Central Perk and they talk about what they've been up to since the final episode. That could be fun. I always enjoyed the episodes that are 'real-time' and in one room the most with 'The One Where No One's Ready' as the best example. I think something like that could work as a one off episode.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
With papers screaming "reunion!" every time the cast members went out for lunch, this was bound to happen. If just hanging out with old co-workers/friends could fetch you millions, who wouldn't do that🤷🏻‍♂️.

I am not sure it's gonna be well received though, critically.