• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
As mega-hit Friends continues to celebrate its 25th anniversary, the six core stars and the creators of the NBC comedy from Warner Bros. TV have officially closed a deal to reunite for a one-off HBO Max special. The special, along with the entire library of Friends, will be available in May when HBO Max officially launches.

The unscripted reunion special will feature stars Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer, as well as series creators David Crane and Marta Kauffman. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the cast, who all negotiated together, will earn more than double their former per-episode fee for the reunion and be paid between $2.5 million and $3 million for the special. The cast famously renegotiated their salaries together during the show's original run to earn a then-historic $1 million per episode of the scripted comedy. (The cast also confirmed the news Friday with joint instagram posts. See new-to-Instagram Perry's, below.)

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Friends’ Reunion Special Officially a Go at HBO Max

As megahit 'Friends' continues to celebrate its 25th anniversary, the six core stars and the creators of the NBC comedy from Warner Bros. TV have officially closed a deal to reunite for a one-off HBO Max special. The show, along with the entire library of 'Friends,' will be available in May when...

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
$3m each to sit around and reminisce about Friends for an hour, goddamn.

Oct 29, 2017
Talk about zero effort. Paying them just to get them in a room to reminisce about the show is worse than a low effort "recap" sit-com episode.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Unscripted? Are they doing improv or is this just a joint interview?
I was wondering the same thing. An interview would be ok but not the draw a new episode would.
I'm pretty sure when people say they want a reunion, they mean the characters. Not the actors discussing the show.
Unscripted? Probably smarter, but much less exciting
So this is basically a longer reunion segment of the ones Jimmy Kimmel or Fallon do?
Yeah, despite people wanting a new follow up with the actual characters, this is just the actors discussing the show again. As they've done for years.

I don't get why they'd not bother making a new short or episode. That's the kind of reunions that do well in viewership.

fivestarman

Oct 28, 2017
This is hilarious if all the rumours and hype ends up with just them sitting around together talking about the show.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
$3 Million for basically a Talk Show reunion. I don't blame the cast for getting that payday. But if thats all it is, I don't see it as a big draw for the viewers.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I lost count of the number of times The Brady Bunch have had reunions. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
hell yea, that's a slam dunk for them. hahaha imagine getting paid multiple millions to sit around and get interviewed for an hour or so.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I'll watch it on Netflix once is available.

HBO Max wont be available in latam until 2021 (If ever), so eveything is still on Netflix

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao those actors are so fucking greedy.

"only 1 mil to sit and talk for an hour? oh fuck that!"

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Imagine paying that much money just for a bunch of interviews and not an actual new episode.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Clapping rich asF actors on the back for becoming even more rich for doing basically nothing ( when none of them are particularly busy besides Aniston let's be honest) is certainly a reaction to have lol

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So this is gonna be what, the cast and crew just reminiscing and talking shit?

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure it's not just poor wording and by unscripted they mean the script has still to be written at this moment in time?

Otherwise I fail to see why they'd get paid so much for an interview and getting the producers on board.

Oct 25, 2017
I hardly even like Friends and even I'm somehow upset about this potentially being some long interview instead of an actual episode of some sort.
There's gotta be some sort of miscommunication because that's just dumb. A group interview is a youtube feature, not a way to sell your new streaming service.
Paaaaaaaaasssssssssssss

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could get 3 million for probably one day of work for a talk show. Hoping it's not a talk show reunion bc that's lame and a ton of people are going to be pissed if that's all they get