• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I'm spoken.

• This is the way.

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • I'm stick with Sheev.

Votes: 60 65.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
A Dangerous alien species that force Resistance and First Order work together despite their hate each other.

uc53mkU.jpg

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would have been more original but that book series is kind of bleak compared to what Star Wars usually is so I'm not sure if they could be the villian without the sequel trilogy going through drastic changes that some would call "jarring".

It would be better for them to have their own trilogy.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
We don't need to replace one villain that came out of nowhere with an entire villain species out of nowhere, it's worse than Sheev, at least people know who Sheev is.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Good grief, look at them with those dumb snakes in the OP's pic. Not only are they the most tryhard edgelord shit, they're profoundly lame tryhard edgelord shit.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Nah. Mess as Ep. 9 was, the audience understands Palpatine immediately. Introducing a force like the Yuuzhan Vong at the last second makes them meaningless.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Also, the solution for handling episode 9 isn't to work with the fascists, OP

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would have been more original but that book series is kind of bleak compared to what Star Wars usually is so I'm not sure if they could be the villian without the sequel trilogy going through drastic changes that some would call "jarring".

It would be better for them to have their own trilogy.

how could it possibly be "original" to adopt a book

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
There is a lot of good ideas they could have took from the EU, a lot of them are better than Empire & Palpatine again, it's a shame Lucasfilm isn't as respectful of their universe as Marvel. This might have been good if done right.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Luuke Skywalker will be the villain.

starwars.fandom.com

Luuke Skywalker

The clone that Joruus C'baoth created to test me with was the fulfillment of my vision in the cave on Dagobah. The reality was no less horrifying than the illusion. Imagine looking at your reflection in the mirror and seeing only…an enemy.Luke Skywalker, in his personal datapad journal Luuke...

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if they had that planned from the start of filming first movie...along with, yunno, an entire outline of the beginning, middle, and end without simply aping most of the broad strokes of the Original Trilogy, I'm pretty sure that the Vongs, or Palpatine, or fucking Lando Calrissian could have turned out to be better villains in much better movies.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I think a more powerful enemy that required the rebels and empire to team up against was the logical place for the story to go, if you're trying to raise the stakes.

It didn't necessarily have to be the Yuuzhan Vong though.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Luuke Skywalker will be the villain.

starwars.fandom.com

Luuke Skywalker

The clone that Joruus C'baoth created to test me with was the fulfillment of my vision in the cave on Dagobah. The reality was no less horrifying than the illusion. Imagine looking at your reflection in the mirror and seeing only…an enemy.Luke Skywalker, in his personal datapad journal Luuke...

Mark Hamil does such great villains that this might have worked somehow

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
in the gist ST should've just cribbed from the EU. like even if it was some stenographed 'safe' reworking of the thrawn trilogy i'd be way happier with the end result probably

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
It's bad enough that Lucasfilm is digging up every napkin sketch Ralph McQuarrie did decades ago, the last thing we need is to start pawing through the old EU trashpile for ideas too.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
It's bad enough that Lucasfilm is digging up every napkin sketch Ralph McQuarrie did decades ago, the last thing we need is to start pawing through the old EU trashpile for ideas too.
why, Marvel takes crap like Civil War and turns them into successes, SWs can do it.

And they already are digging through the old EU, haven't you heard Thrawn is back and Revan is canon again.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
There's a reason they call the old EU as 'legends'. It's so they can mine it for characters and ideas, while saying their representations in the old canon were just exaggerations or misunderstandings. It's how they justify bringing back Thrawn etc. or even bringing Palpatine back with cloning and spirit transfer shit. This is all old material. Hell, Han and Leia's son went evil in the old canon as well.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
You can't have the Vong be the baddies of the third part of a trilogy. They need their own room to breathe.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should have had Luke and Mara. Their kid and the Solo Twins. And then have the actual Sith show up. Jacen Solo goes dark side maybe.

not an exact adaptation of the books but something close.

to fucking late now

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
There's a reason they call the old EU as 'legends'. It's so they can mine it for characters and ideas, while saying their representations in the old canon were just exaggerations or misunderstandings. It's how they justify bringing back Thrawn etc. or even bringing Palpatine back with cloning and spirit transfer shit. This is all old material. Hell, Han and Leia's son went evil in the old canon as well.
The key word I used was trashpile. I know full well they've been bringing back old EU ideas, but some of them were meant to be left behind.

Thawn - good!
Clone Emperor and the superweapon bonanza - eehhhh...
Vong - NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.