• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I tried. The tutorial runs great/smooth. After that it feels like I'm getting like 40fps honestly and jitters. I have a 1080ti OC'd and i7 5820k at 4.5ghz. I turned down all the settings to low, and set the pixel destiny to like .8 nothing I do up or down seems to have any effect.
I guess I can try to reinstall revive tomor... Later this evening.
I'd make sure ReVive is up to date, but otherwise I'm not sure what the problem could be. I haven't played too much but I'm running through ReVive with a 980ti and not having any reprojection at Medium with 1.0 scaling. Only really notice it a tiny bit in my hands at High with 1.25 scaling. I guess it could be my processor helping since it's an i7-6700K quad-core (4.0GHz).

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Still alive on my first solo playthrough (Didn't touch the playthrough since 1st day due to all the co op sessions). 70% progress made towards earth. No crew members left, lost 2 on Archivist boss, lost 1 today on the "prevent ship from departing" mission which i failed as a result,
met the titan boss for the first time and killed it on first try and then had to destroy a hive on my next jump. (For titan,I had a shield with 400 power and a shock burster weapon which made light work of titan since the lightning tracked the open vents easier)
, then I almost died to a lv3 pirate skimmer and had to repair alot of the ship. I don't think I'll make it to Earth XD

They weren't kidding about the ship battle difficulty once you pass 50% progress.
The ship would have wiped me out in seconds if I hadn't destroyed their weapons system in time. They then teleported to my ship and started attacking my ships facilities so I had to repair engine, oxygen, med bay and shields lol. I also had a few holes to patch up in some of the rooms. Was a really tense moment.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just completed the game with 2 others from the games discord chat. It's 2:22am for me...need sleep...now...lol.

End game was really cool.

The final mission was really cool, enjoyed the final boss. The animations looked super cool in vr x_x (i'm saying cool alot, i blame lack of sleep right now)
Unlocked the ASA Radiance permanently so can start the game with that. Also unlocked an alien weapon for all my playthroughs (you get it by killing the optional boss in the final mission.
It feels like its 4 times the size of the default ship you start off with. Has 3 crew members by default in 3 player co-op (so I think thats 6 when on you're own? havent tested it alone yet) with a maximum capacity of 10 crew members, it has way more weapon storage, extra weapons by default and has upgrades added from the start (such as engines being around lv3 from the start). Ship health is about double the default ship and it comes with with lv3 lasers. Just about everything is better.

Beating the game also lets you spawn as the Nagrin race (featured in the trailers).

Will post some more impressions of the game tommorrow.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few more missions. Blew pretty much all of them lol. The first one was one where you're supposed to stop some pirates
from escaping a station. I guess you needed to blow the core on their ship, but I couldn't figure out exactly what was the core and the map made it look like there was a way to get closer to the ship so I thought that's what I needed to do but that was not the case lol. They got away.

The second involved rebooting
some hostile robots, but the terminal I was supposed to protect was constantly swarmed but robots and I did not have the firepower to protect it.
I don't even know how that part would be possible solo. At least not that early in the game.

The last one was a pretty simple kill all the hostile robots mission but holy crap did they wreck me. I had some ok firepower by then but those rocket shooting bots are tough as hell. My awkward locomotion with the Vive trackpad didn't help either. Like I'm seriously starting to consider picking up an Oculus if there's a decent Black Friday deal because of this (and some other games). I did manage to complete the mission but not until I had lost two crew members. Luckily completing it gave me one. Now I'm pretty low on funds, fuel, and crew, and the aliens are pretty close on my ass. Going to chalk this run up as a learning experience lol.

That may sound like I'm having a bad time, but all of that was really fun actually (minus the locomotion issues). I'm loving it so far even though I think the difficulty is tuned for co-op.

Any tips on ship to ship combat? In between those mission, I came across a few ships and destroyed them, but I wanted to try some boarding and couldn't figure out how to disable a ship long enough to make that feasible. Is it feasible solo?

Add me y'all!

ID: Asane
Done and done.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I just don't know what's going on. I spent like 20 minutes trying to figure out what's going on. Uninstalled CC cleaned Revive, reinstalled. Didn't resolve the issue. Anyone else, who is on Vive and not having issues, do you have asynchronous projection and interleaved projection turned off? What are your other settings in the Vive itself, is it possible I have something on I'm not supposed to? I had Developer super-sampling on to 1.5, turned that off. Still didn't resolve the issue.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Played a few more missions. Blew pretty much all of them lol. The first one was one where you're supposed to stop some pirates
from escaping a station. I guess you needed to blow the core on their ship, but I couldn't figure out exactly what was the core and the map made it look like there was a way to get closer to the ship so I thought that's what I needed to do but that was not the case lol. They got away.

To stop the ship you need to shoot and destroy the 4 yellow circles on the outside of the ship. Keep shooting them until they explode and are no longer yellow or red. It can be confusing the first time take those nodes out because they explode a little when they turn red but they are still active, so keep shooting them after they turn red.

There are 2 circle nodes that you can shoot from the ground floor, the other 2 are located on the top of the ship which you can shoot by going to the balcony above you (using the stairs to the left as you enter the harbour).

Try to ignore everything else in the station and run straight for the harbour to allow yourself a decent amount of time to take out the nodes. I would recommend keeping pistols and laser beam guns since they have high accuracy over long distances + high fire rate.

The second involved rebooting
some hostile robots, but the terminal I was supposed to protect was constantly swarmed but robots and I did not have the firepower to protect it.
I don't even know how that part would be possible solo. At least not that early in the game.

Thats really unlucky you got that mission early in the game, I've never been able to finish this mission yet (encountered it 3 times so far). The most recent was the playthrough I completed the game on, we had high tier weapons but got overwhelmed within the first 2 minutes trying to defend the cpu core. We got this mission at 98% towards Earth lol, since the mission fails once you die once, we recovered our weapons and carried on with the game (so we were down 3 crew members for the final missions of the game).

I think mines are crucial for this mission as well as strong aoe wepaons and even grenades since the enemies come in groups. I'm assuming the reward for completing this mission is really good, just need to see what it is XD

The last one was a pretty simple kill all the hostile robots mission but holy crap did they wreck me. I had some ok firepower by then but those rocket shooting bots are tough as hell.
Devs refer to these guys as beserkers, on my singleplayer playthrough, I had to fight 3 of them at the same time and they were so tanky. But I've been able to kill them faster with better guns, so if they take a long time to kill run away and try to find any weapons. I find shock based weapons really good since they provide a brief stun (shock blaster and single shock blaster).

That may sound like I'm having a bad time, but all of that was really fun actually (minus the locomotion issues). I'm loving it so far even though I think the difficulty is tuned for co-op.

Any tips on ship to ship combat? In between those mission, I came across a few ships and destroyed them, but I wanted to try some boarding and couldn't figure out how to disable a ship long enough to make that feasible. Is it feasible solo?
So far on my solo playthrough I'm at 70% progress and the ship battles are really difficult to handle alone. Upgrading ship weapons and systems is really important since you'll be killed within seconds if you don't act fast.

My preference is to target their weapons system first so they cant fire missles using shield penetration ordinance weapons (like the nova missle). Whilst those are firing, I lock on to their teleporter with the 2nd shield penetration weapon I have equipped on the 3rd ship weapon slot which I prefer as High Pierce Laser (found in cargo bays during a mission or buying from a merchant). High pierce lasers consume capacitors (not ordinance) and have 100% shield penetration. With their weapons and teleporter taken out, they are sitting ducks whilst I bring their ship down to 0.

1 dev mentioned however, that he prefers to bombard the enemy ship with lasers to keep the shields down, take out their weapons and then invade their ship in person whilst they are repairing. Killing all the pirates onboard and looting their cargo bay rewards you with more loot (whereas destroying the ship only gives you a bit of salvage). This is a tactic I'm interested in trying out next time i play.

I find it really cool that the enemy is repairing their own ship facilities in real time so you'll find a large group of them trying to repair whatever systems you destroyed when you board their ship.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
To stop the ship you need to shoot and destroy the 4 yellow circles on the outside of the ship. Keep shooting them until they explode and are no longer yellow or red. It can be confusing the first time take those nodes out because they explode a little when they turn red but they are still active, so keep shooting them after they turn red.

There are 2 circle nodes that you can shoot from the ground floor, the other 2 are located on the top of the ship which you can shoot by going to the balcony above you (using the stairs to the left as you enter the harbour).

Try to ignore everything else in the station and run straight for the harbour to allow yourself a decent amount of time to take out the nodes. I would recommend keeping pistols and laser beam guns since they have high accuracy over long distances + high fire rate.

Thats really unlucky you got that mission early in the game, I've never been able to finish this mission yet (encountered it 3 times so far). The most recent was the playthrough I completed the game on, we had high tier weapons but got overwhelmed within the first 2 minutes trying to defend the cpu core. We got this mission at 98% towards Earth lol, since the mission fails once you die once, we recovered our weapons and carried on with the game (so we were down 3 crew members for the final missions of the game).

I think mines are crucial for this mission as well as strong aoe wepaons and even grenades since the enemies come in groups. I'm assuming the reward for completing this mission is really good, just need to see what it is XD

Devs refer to these guys as beserkers, on my singleplayer playthrough, I had to fight 3 of them at the same time and they were so tanky. But I've been able to kill them faster with better guns, so if they take a long time to kill run away and try to find any weapons. I find shock based weapons really good since they provide a brief stun (shock blaster and single shock blaster).

So far on my solo playthrough I'm at 70% progress and the ship battles are really difficult to handle alone. Upgrading ship weapons and systems is really important since you'll be killed within seconds if you don't act fast.

My preference is to target their weapons system first so they cant fire missles using shield penetration ordinance weapons (like the nova missle). Whilst those are firing, I lock on to their teleporter with the 2nd shield penetration weapon I have equipped on the 3rd ship weapon slot which I prefer as High Pierce Laser (found in cargo bays during a mission or buying from a merchant). High pierce lasers consume capacitors (not ordinance) and have 100% shield penetration. With their weapons and teleporter taken out, they are sitting ducks whilst I bring their ship down to 0.

1 dev mentioned however, that he prefers to bombard the enemy ship with lasers to keep the shields down, take out their weapons and then invade their ship in person whilst they are repairing. Killing all the pirates onboard and looting their cargo bay rewards you with more loot (whereas destroying the ship only gives you a bit of salvage). This is a tactic I'm interested in trying out next time i play.

I find it really cool that the enemy is repairing their own ship facilities in real time so you'll find a large group of them trying to repair whatever systems you destroyed when you board their ship.
Great tips! Yeah, a lot of that stuff I haven't even come across yet (shock weapons) or had enough credits to buy (ship weapons). Really excited to do a co-op run eventually.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've also added specific mission tips at the bottom of the OP (anything thats not in the trailer, I placed inside a spoiler tab)
Will start compiling a list of weapons and discovered missions over time.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is anyone in here playing on the Vive? I keep asking about performance, and people respond, but I don't actually know if they are on Rift or Vive. I'm looking for someone on Vive who's getting good, smooth performance and tracking and which settings you have on/off on the Vive itself, or even in Oculus software itself. Worried I have something checked or don't have checked that will solve my issue. It's always seems to be something simple like that.

Edit: Ohhhh boy, am I embarassed. My issues were almost entirely stemming from my lack of knowledge about playing Oculus games on Vive. I had installed Revive, and I was running games from inside Steam VR by clicking Revive, then launching the game in Steam VR. However, I was never actually running the Revive program/overlay. As soon as I did that, then booted the game after, it performed substantially better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So is anyone in here playing on the Vive? I keep asking about performance, and people respond, but I don't actually know if they are on Rift or Vive. I'm looking for someone on Vive who's getting good, smooth performance and tracking and which settings you have on/off on the Vive itself, or even in Oculus software itself. Worried I have something checked or don't have checked that will solve my issue. It's always seems to be something simple like that.

Edit: Ohhhh boy, am I embarassed. My issues were almost entirely stemming from my lack of knowledge about playing Oculus games on Vive. I had installed Revive, and I was running games from inside Steam VR by clicking Revive, then launching the game in Steam VR. However, I was never actually running the Revive program/overlay. As soon as I did that, then booted the game after, it performed substantially better.

That's great to hear :D Since i've never used revive I had no way to help out but glad that its working as intended now.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's great to hear :D Since i've never used revive I had no way to help out but glad that its working as intended now.
Unfortunately, that's all I had time for. Off to work on projects. Hopefully by the time I'm actually able to play it in Co-op some of you are still playing XD

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Made some more progress on 1st singleplayer playthrough (the one I started since the game launched) and I'm at the end but I have one chance to get it right so its pretty scary:

Reached Earth and now have to reach the same system as the alien mothership, expect I only have time for 1 jump, if I miss them they will reach Earth on the next jump lol.

I also came across a new boss battle featured in the launch trailer:
It's called Guardian (theres 2 of them) and its the giant monster going through the vents in the launch trailer. I fought it in a system marked with a "?" instead of a space station, the mission was investigate the station.

The boss battle was easy as my weapons were really strong but they looked amazing when they enter the arena. When one entered, I was like "oh wtf!" as I was so close to earth, dreading the battle....and then another one appeared and I had flashbacks of maneater on demons souls lol.

Killing 150 aliens (all species types except the ones from the mothership) gave me a permanent unlock for every playthrough (I think it was a legendary tier plasma explosive gun) which spawns in the captains cabin.

Also here's some cool gifs from the devs(they are video gifs so cant add them to the post directly):

https://imgur.com/a/dwl7p
https://imgur.com/a/Y8mly

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New patch is out:

Build 117373 - Latest Version Patch Notes:
  • Fix for media disc / statue not persisting between saves after finding them. This should enable the achievement and persist the items between games.
  • Tweaked weapon holster boxes. Lowered the grab range down from the shoulders and pushed the width out to help with grabbing weapons while looking to the side they're holstered.
  • Fix for death cam text having collision and causing the spectator pawn to fail to spawn.
  • Fix for crash while placing a Laser Pistol into a recharge station on an away mission.
  • Fix for Recenter View. Now doesn't show text until 50% fade.
  • Fix for teleporter fade remaining blue when the teleporter gets destroyed during teleport.
  • Modifying player capsule to not take projectile damage, instead the player skeletal mesh will take all hits. This will fix ducking for cover
  • Ensuring that the invite notification window doesn't block shots.
  • Reduce Archivist and Pirate Captain health
  • Archivist - Set the body and arm to take damage. Previously was set to take no damage.
  • Fixed various crashes

Good improvements, especially making Archivist and Pirate Captain less bullet spongey and the lowered grab range on the guns is good too when holstered.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
  • Tweaked weapon holster boxes. Lowered the grab range down from the shoulders and pushed the width out to help with grabbing weapons while looking to the side they're holstered.
This is good to hear, I have a lot of issue accidentally grabbing things out of the holster and/or tossing them away.

Side question: Do enemies take location specific damage beyond headshots? Like if I targeted the Berserker's arm, could I shoot it off?

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just completed the game in singelplayer (this was the first playthrough I created on launch day lol), this is without backing up the save file too or using any unlockable rewards (so for example, it was using the default ship).

The game is hard but around 80% mark I found better weapons which made it a breeze to gun through. Ship battles were stressful since i came close to being wiped out within a second of the battle starting.

I think the final mission is way too easy so left some feedback on the games discord.

here's the stats of the ship i unlocked 2 days ago:
upZkGfx.jpg

This is good to hear, I have a lot of issue accidentally grabbing things out of the holster and/or tossing them away.

Side question: Do enemies take location specific damage beyond headshots? Like if I targeted the Berserker's arm, could I shoot it off?

i dont think you can, I've asked on the games discord chat and will quote you again when i get an answer. There are bosses that have to be hit in specifc areas to take damage though.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some gameplay for From Other Suns, this is my first gameplay recording so the quality is really low (it was medium settings on OBS so a lot of artifacts in the vid). The vid shows some of the new unlocked ship I'm using + Archivist boss battle at the end of the vid:

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Some gameplay for From Other Suns, this is my first gameplay recording so the quality is really low (it was medium settings on OBS so a lot of artifacts in the vid). The vid shows some of the new unlocked ship I'm using + Archivist boss battle at the end of the vid:

Nice gameplay! I wish I could use the same control scheme but I get sick with the free movement in VR. Was it always no problem for you or did you get used to it?

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some achievements and their rewards (i've bolded the ones for ship unlock):
  • 50 pirate away missions - legendary scattershot mk1 (325dmg)
  • 50 robot away missions - legendary shock burst mk1 (253dmg)
  • 125 crimson marauder pirates - legendart plasma explosive mk1 (325dmg 32ammo)
  • 150 unaffiliated pirates - legendary auto pistol mk1 (144dmg 260ammo)
  • 450 (150+300) unaffiliated pirates - legendary auto pistol mk2 (260dmg 300ammo)
  • 300 robots - legendary shock disc mk1 (217dmg)
  • get back to earth - corvette class ship (called "asa radiance" )
  • get 20 crew from missions - legendary laser beam (163dmg 195ammo)
  • 50 pirate captains - pirate corvette mk3 (ship)
  • 500 Jumps - Corvette ship
  • Destoy 100 Pirate Ships - Pirate Skimmer (ship)

Nice gameplay! I wish I could use the same control scheme but I get sick with the free movement in VR. Was it always no problem for you or did you get used to it?

It was a problem for me at first. I was using gear vr for about a year before getting the rift during the summer sale.
I noticed it first with minecraft and Dreadhalls on gear vr, I could play about 5-10 minutes before feeling odd. Over time as I played other games I got used to it so by the time i got the rift I was able to handle full locomotion. I still stick to snap turning though since smooth turning can still feel a little uncomfortable and with room scale I dont need smooth turning since i turn physically anyways.

EDIT:
Another gampeplay recording, this time showing a Xeno/alien mission:

Last edited:

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
It was a problem for me at first. I was using gear vr for about a year before getting the rift during the summer sale.
I noticed it first with minecraft and Dreadhalls on gear vr, I could play about 5-10 minutes before feeling odd. Over time as I played other games I got used to it so by the time i got the rift I was able to handle full locomotion. I still stick to snap turning though since smooth turning can still feel a little uncomfortable and with room scale I dont need smooth turning since i turn physically anyways.

I definately have to try and use locomotion more often. The first time I tried it in VR, I wasn't getting sick but it felt uncomfortable so I switched to teleporting. Then I tried Sairento VR, beat the first level but all that jumping and sliding made me feel a little sick. Your gameplay looks so much better than the static standing around, leaning out of cover style I played. Combat is also more difficult without the free movement.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I definately have to try and use locomotion more often. The first time I tried it in VR, I wasn't getting sick but it felt uncomfortable so I switched to teleporting. Then I tried Sairento VR, beat the first level but all that jumping and sliding made me feel a little sick. Your gameplay looks so much better than the static standing around, leaning out of cover style I played. Combat is also more difficult without the free movement.

Don't force yourself through locomotion. Play it in short bursts and stop as soon get that odd feeling and take a break, hopefully you'll start noticing that over time you are able play for longer sessions when using locomotion (I would recommend sticking to snap rotation for a bit too). You need to get your body/brain to accept that moving in vr without any of the sensations you get in real life is not a bad thing so it'll stop trying to make you sick as a warning tool.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for everyone.
(I get motion sickness when i'm a passenger in cars and I'm not paying attention to whats outside the windows after about 15-20 mins, like if i'm playing a game on my phone or something)

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some more vids from my 2nd singleplayer playthrough:

Titan Boss Battle (starts at 15 minutes in):

Some more useful tips:
  • You can get rid of unwated cargo at other cargo bays
  • You can hack keycard doors (not sure if i mentioned this already)
  • Players spawning as robots (when playing in co-op) cannot use stimpacks

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game a 2nd time in singleplayer (3rd time if you include the co-op playthrough). Recorded the entire final moments of the game from the moment you reach Earth:

End game spoiler warning

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Don't force yourself through locomotion. Play it in short bursts and stop as soon get that odd feeling and take a break, hopefully you'll start noticing that over time you are able play for longer sessions when using locomotion (I would recommend sticking to snap rotation for a bit too). You need to get your body/brain to accept that moving in vr without any of the sensations you get in real life is not a bad thing so it'll stop trying to make you sick as a warning tool.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for everyone.
(I get motion sickness when i'm a passenger in cars and I'm not paying attention to whats outside the windows after about 15-20 mins, like if i'm playing a game on my phone or something)

I played some more today, using locomotion. Only for about 30 minutes, but I feel fine although a little floaty. Yeah, snap movement was my choice, the smooth rotation was a little bit too much.
Very cool game, I love the weapons. They look pretty awesome!

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Here's another vid I recorded today whilst playing singleplayer (3rd run). It shows off the Guardian boss battle where I die once to it and then straight after I get attacked by a Pirate Corvette mk3 (as far as I know its the most difficult Pirate ship to encounter). This was a hard one, whilst I blew the tactical weapons out, they managed to secure a teleport lock to my ship and sent over like 6-7 shock pirates over that took out half of my npc crew, In the process of gettnig rid of them I also die costing another crew member (I also accidentally shoot one of my own crew members in the mayhem but luckily she escaped alive). I finish the vid by reaching Earth again :P

I played some more today, using locomotion. Only for about 30 minutes, but I feel fine although a little floaty. Yeah, snap movement was my choice, the smooth rotation was a little bit too much.
Very cool game, I love the weapons. They look pretty awesome!

Thats great to hear :)

Some weapon tips:
  • plasma weapons have a chance to set enemy on fire for damage over time
  • Shock weapons stun enemies per shot for a split second
  • Nanite weapons have a chance to heal you when you damage enemies (a light purple orb will fly towards you from the enemy when its healing you)
  • Homing weapons can apply a lock on effect when you hold the trigger down and aim at the enemy you want
  • You can shoot grenades on the ground are even mid air to blow them up

add me on oculus if you haven't already and if I'm online and you need help or wanna co-op just send me an invite or start a party chat :) my name on there is the exact same as it is here.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Here's another vid I recorded today whilst playing singleplayer (3rd run). It shows off the Guardian boss battle where I die once to it and then straight after I get attacked by a Pirate Corvette mk3 (as far as I know its the most difficult Pirate ship to encounter). This was a hard one, whilst I blew the tactical weapons out, they managed to secure a teleport lock to my ship and sent over like 6-7 shock pirates over that took out half of my npc crew, In the process of gettnig rid of them I also die costing another crew member (I also accidentally shoot one of my own crew members in the mayhem but luckily she escaped alive). I finish the vid by reaching Earth again :P

Thats great to hear :)

Some weapon tips:
  • plasma weapons have a chance to set enemy on fire for damage over time
  • Shock weapons stun enemies per shot for a split second
  • Nanite weapons have a chance to heal you when you damage enemies (a light purple orb will fly towards you from the enemy when its healing you)
  • Homing weapons can apply a lock on effect when you hold the trigger down and aim at the enemy you want
  • You can shoot grenades on the ground are even mid air to blow them up

add me on oculus if you haven't already and if I'm online and you need help or wanna co-op just send me an invite or start a party chat :) my name on there is the exact same as it is here.

Thanks for the tips! The grenade one sounds fun. I added you on Oculus, will definately need help :) I'm only playing like once a week, so yeah, could take some time until we can make it happen.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Add me in Oculus (same name as forum) if you ever want to play co-op. :D
I'll actually be online in about 10-ish minutes if you're still playing.

My bad! I was plugged into the matrix and didnt see this. Ill add you as soon as I hop back in.

Initial thoughts are that I love it. I wish the space combat was a little more in depth but I imagine things get way crazier later on. I ended up invading a ship and fighting some guys that were way too strong and died. However, I dont think I lost anything other than my supplies and my guns. I was still in the same area and I still had all my ship equipment that i bought.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My bad! I was plugged into the matrix and didnt see this. Ill add you as soon as I hop back in.

Initial thoughts are that I love it. I wish the space combat was a little more in depth but I imagine things get way crazier later on. I ended up invading a ship and fighting some guys that were way too strong and died. However, I dont think I lost anything other than my supplies and my guns. I was still in the same area and I still had all my ship equipment that i bought.
Yeah, when you die you respawn as one of your crew members and you can jump back into the mission or the fight you were attempting. Boss and enemies in general will not recover hp, so for example you can die to a boss that had 50% hp and you can respawn and get back to the boss and carry on from where you left. Your guns and items will be on the floor where you died so you can recover them too. Now if you die without any crew members available its gameover, so purchase crew members from traders when possible (usually around 70 salvage in cost).

Ship battles great hectic later on, after 50% you start encountering high level pirate ships with the mk3 pirate ships being really tough (they can destroy your ship in a couple of seconds so you have to react fast and disable their weapons system asap, followed by their teleporter as they'll start sending in waves of enemies to invade your ship to kill your crew and damage your facilities).

Also the hardest ship battles are against traders and space stations if you decide to pick a fight with them XD

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
So how does the coop exactly work? Do players have to start a new run together or can players join my current run? Want to try some coop next sunday for the first time.

OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So how does the coop exactly work? Do players have to start a new run together or can players join my current run? Want to try some coop next sunday for the first time.
Co-op is tied to the host's game progress. Any player who is invited in or joins the game will not have the progress saved for them (besides achievements earned of course) as it is saved locally for the host.
This way you can join existing games that a host is playing or the host can create a brand new game for co-oping together.

Also since it is the host's game, only the achievement weapons and ships that they have unlocked are available. So even if you have unlocked a MK3 nanite beam weapon, it won't appear in the hosts game if you join them.

Also I'm happy to arrange times to co-op with anyone here (I normally play between 9pm-12am for co-op (although this usually drags until 1-1:30am lol).

Simplex

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy 50% discount on Oculus store - ends soon.

Also, how is the experience on Vive? Does it work well? (performance and control mapping)

Is this true?
the controls for Vive are kinda shitty movement wise. They mapped it all weird so you have to keep swiping your thumb on the touchpad to move.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy 50% discount on Oculus store - ends soon.

Also, how is the experience on Vive? Does it work well? (performance and control mapping)

Is this true?
i've heard mixed stuff about the controls for vive unfortunately. it seems to run well though, its just that the controls are made for analog sticks so the translation to trackpads is odd through revive.
I have played with someone online using vive who seemed to play just fine though, I asked him how the controls were and he said you get used to them after a bit (obviously it will vary from player to player).
I'm not 100% sure if I recorded that convo though but this is the vive player I co-op'd with:

Seems like he handled it fine to me.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This is on sale on the Oculus store 44% off. Somewhere around twenty dollars? For me it is currently $27.89 AUD.

EDIT: Sale ends in 4 hours so I was kinda late in posting this

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lakuza

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know if the game stores your profile in a cloud, or locally? This guy wanted to reset his progress and was unable to: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/60868/resetting-from-other-suns
I know saves are stored locally but no idea how to reset the entire progress.

I'm not sure where he's getting this from:
"As a result, the game begins with an additional player, an additional weapon, as well as more complex ships and scenarios."

The game starts the same everytime. Each ship you unlock makes the game easier not harder :P
All he has to do is select the starter ship and not use the guns given by the reward and its the same as when you start the game for the first time.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017

So dumb question but how do you actually run the revive overlay? I have it in steam vr and can launch From Other Suns no problem but the performance is still terrible

Edit: looks like I ran it through the revive desktop dashboard...still very bad performance on a 980ti. Oh well.

Also woah buddy is the movement disappointing. Maybe it's just from low framerate

Last edited: