• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
FUCK YEAH!

It would've been a great end of episode 1 shot, but that's still a hell of a way to get people talking.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
huh did not expect a actual teaser with footage so soon, seems like S3 was just yesterday (when in fact it was 6 months ago). Do we even know if S4 is coming this year, officially?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They couldn't wait, could they? (I'm not surprised in the slightest.)

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Season 3 was actually pretty damn good. I had a chance to rewatch it recently and I feel like people around these parts were still feeling burned by S2 when S3 dropped.

Looks good.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Already? Man they make these so fast.
I'm assuming they're fast tracking 4 since the kids aren't getting any younger and several of the actors are now becoming more in-demand.

It's funny, for some reason I thought Season 3 was longer ago. Maybe because the cliffhanger was a lot more heavy compared to S2.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
huh did not expect a actual teaser with footage so soon, seems like S3 was just yesterday (when in fact it was 6 months ago). Do we even know if S4 is coming this year, officially?

If you follow their typical production schedule thusfar, S4 could drop late fall of this year yep. S5 (final season) would then drop summer of 2022.

Gonna guess S4 in November or December 2020, S5 in July 2022.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Red Guardian origin story confirmed.

TdpRF7Z.gif

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Knew it would be winter this time. Guessing it will release just before Christmas?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
They will probably never recapture the magic of the first season but I've quite liked 2 and 3 as well. Definitely looking forward to this.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand it's surprising they revealed this so early, but this seems like an early episode 1 reveal and something anybody pretty much knew. Might as well get the reveal done and not have to hide every single thing one of your most appreciated actors is doing, involving him in all the pre-season marketing hype and whatnot. It was always gonna leak anyway.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Knew it would be winter this time. Guessing it will release just before Christmas?

They seem to enjoy holiday themed releases. S2 dropped at Halloween, S3 dropped July 4th, so yeah, I'd wager S4 hits either Thanksgiving or Christmas this year. Probably Thanksgiving.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is it going to be final season? Or theres more??

They always said 4 or 5 seasons. And since S4 is in production and no one has said its the final one yet, you can almost certainly say there will be one more season after this. 5 seasons total. Netflix would probably be pushing for more since it's one of their top shows ever, but if the Duffers hold strong, itll end with 5.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
This is a really weird reveal. The cliffhanger last season made it seem like "the american" was some sort of special prisoner, but hopper here is just hammering a railroad? Makes it seem like the cliffhanger didn't mean anything, idk, it's weird.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I def figured this was the case but YESSSSSS. Season 3 ending still fucks me up thinking about it while chilling with my daughter. Can't wait. I think I may get a new TV just for it.

This is a really weird reveal. The cliffhanger last season made it seem like "the american" was some sort of special prisoner, but hopper here is just hammering a railroad? Makes it seem like the cliffhanger didn't mean anything, idk, it's weird.

He's a prisoner doing prisoner work in this teaser. Hence all the guns.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
"The American" was the most obvious "Hopper is alive" flag they could have given us.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Have we ever seen new footage and a teaser this fast after a season? Wonder what made them rush this out.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I def figured this was the case but YESSSSSS. Season 3 ending still fucks me up thinking about it while chilling with my daughter. Can't wait. I think I may get a new TV just for it.

He's a prisoner doing prisoner work in this teaser. Hence all the guns.
"The American" was the most obvious "Hopper is alive" flag they could have given us.

No no, I get it, what I mean is that the cliffhanger made it seem like the russians saw hopper as a special prisoner so why would they just put him to work like any other prisoner instead of, idk, stick him in a lab or something? Does that make sense?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

It's possible "The American" is still Brenner. They could both be there.