• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
there was always like a .0002% chance his "death" was legit

was holding out hope they'd stick to their guns killing off characters GoT style but let's get real this was always happening

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I hope season 4 brings back the Hopper that was fun to watch in the first two seasons. Season 3 was a complete character assassination in his case and was hugely disappointing.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
I was genuinely puzzled to see all the 'I knew it!' reactions on social media. Did people just turn off the last episode before the epilogue?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 may have lost me as a viewer, it was terrible. I'll wait for the opinions of those that hated 3 before it watch 4. My interest in this show is waning.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
1. He should have stayed dead.
2. Showing this reveal on a trailer instead of the actual show..

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Did you turn off social media or resetera after viewing the final episode? It was debated/speculated and fuel was even added by the actor questioning his return lol.
I watch the show but don't discuss it much online. It's just that it was so obvious that the epilogue was about hopper that I didn't think it was even supposed to be in question.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is kind of a weird way to go about it imo. Should've shown this at the end of the first episode imo, or something similar.

There was no way they were going to keep this from leaking out during filming and on top of that you expect David Habour to have to lie for the next few months whenever he's asked the question during his media tour for Black Widow?

There was no way his involvement was going to be able to stay a secret until the season aired so may as well do it now.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I was genuinely puzzled to see all the 'I knew it!' reactions on social media. Did people just turn off the last episode before the epilogue?
We all knew it because they never showed a body. It was never gonna be the scientist dude, never gonna be anyone else. It was incredibly obvious. It'd be like killing off Tirion from GoT: he is one of the most popular characters on the show.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Season 3 may have lost me as a viewer, it was terrible. I'll wait for the opinions of those that hated 3 before it watch 4. My interest in this show is waning.
I kind of agree, I loved Season 1 and Season 2 and Season 3 had some good parts but man it was so disappointing for so many reasons.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
We all knew it because they never showed a body. It was never gonna be the scientist dude, never gonna be anyone else. It was incredibly obvious. It'd be like killing off Tirion from GoT: he is one of the most popular characters on the show.

If anything, the shocking part is that they brought him back that quickly. I would've expected him to have gotten thrown through the portal, but maybe that's exactly what did happen - he got knocked in and spat out the other side in Russia.

Hell, maybe that's the REAL intended purpose of the portal all along - allowing a quick method for the Russians to invade the US from within via long-distance transdimensional teleportation. Mindflayers and Shadow Lords and whatnot were all just an unintended side-effect.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
ok so i just watched this show for the first time in like a few days.

Wouldn't El have known he was alive? Like all this time? She can find anyone.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh she will get them back Im sure. But the last scene with her showed her closing her eyes and concentrating. so I think she may be trying to find him.

she even said that her battery was drained but she will recharge.

Nah she still doesn't have her powers at the very end of S3, and that epilogue takes place several months later. She tries to use her powers to get the teddy bear off the top shelf in the closet and isn't able to.

I'd wager a guess that the primary reason she lost her powers is so that the writers could have a way for none of the characters to know if Hopper is alive or not. She'll almost certainly get them back at some point, but I also wouldn't be so sure that it's just something she can just get back over time due to being drained. She lost her powers almost immediately after getting bit by the monster and taking it out of her leg. It's most likely tied to that and may not be something she can just recharge and get back over time.