• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Suppenseppel

May 31, 2019
Oh please not this gif again. First time I saw this on my phone here in the thread l thought the people have signs with the sign of horns gesture and were headbanging and I interpreted it as "yes, Elden Ring will show up".

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I play through this masterpiece every Halloween, and keep finding new things to adore about it. The most fascinating world, and lore of any of Miyazaki's games.

vileblood.jpg
source.gif

de4601d012ce2b04a873b47aa7533023102738a7.jpg
38b91cf6f0ca955b4e04e368254951f9.png

"Byrgenwerth...Byrgenwerth...Blasphemous murderers...Blood-crazed fiends...Atonement for the wretches...By the wrath of Mother Kos"
tumblr_oi8anrjfWF1sbfdvgo1_500.gif
tumblr_oi8anrjfWF1sbfdvgo2_500.gif
71399-170.jpg
latest

" Lay the curse of blood upon them, and their children, and their children's children, for evermore."

We didn't deserve Bloodborne. I can't think of a better game this decade. While Dark Souls undoubtedly elevated Fromsoftware to the big leagues, and is the most influential video game of the past 10 years, I think Bloodborne is their masterpiece. It is a true work of art.

Last edited:

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Alright guys , hear me why , after some reasoning and re-reading Omni hints, I am pretty sure ER is at TGA .
So , we know ( Omni confirmed on discord ) Elden Ring was supposed to appear at TGA 2019 ( with possible planned release in 2020 ) but, since they wanted to show it in its best light and wow people instead of making them think this is DS4, they decided to take other 4/5 months to polish it and fix some small development issues. Another event was planned ( probably in April / May ) but in February Covid arrived and fucked up everything.
Now , lets consider the months they worked from home ( late February - early June? ) as a black void when they did almost nothing ( or worked much slower than usual ) but just correcting some issues/ bugs since they are not used to work from home without a direction and I am almost sure they found some logistic/ organizations problems working this way. So , they still needed this 4/5 months to polish it and were not able to do it in time for summer events / Gamescom . But now they have returned in offices and had July - November to fix the issues / polish it / plan the marketing/ create the trailer.
So there is really no reasons in the world for ER not being at TGA ( unless big development problems , which Omni reassured us this is not the case ) . Add to this that TGA was the event in which it was initially supposed to appear + the biggest gaming event of the year . Omni also said on discord few weeks ago last time he heard of ER development it was going really fine and they were thinking/talking about marketing.... and dont forget he always stressed the fact ,the later we see it , the closer it will be to its release form . So I suppose both trailer and release are not that far off. My guess : trailer 10th December 2020 at TGA , release date 26th March 2021 ( or fall 2021 at the very worst ) .
Our sufferings are going to end soon, just a bit more patience , the reward will be worth it.
Was it??

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Hats off to Bluepoint, they've really impressed with me the remake. The atmosphere is stronger than ever. Looking forward to seeing more myself at launch.

Demon_s_Souls_Church.jpg

115d5bb87735d84f66c24a78edf17e98b349554b.gif
855c21a6cc493f8f522f6ba202464afc2b2f320d.gif

eff65d01c594dfb40d683c29719b7092d51beeaf.gif
87ada6799353e52e6541dccd1a57bc194721e203.gif

Demons-Souls_2020_09-29-20_001.png

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
After seeing how good Demon's Soul looks, I will have a hard time resisting any future Souls-ish game from From Software...
Now Elden Ring so far not being considered a "Souls" game, I wonder if it will depart from what we have come to expect so far, although Bloodborne is definitely Souls-like anyway, so maybe it means nothing.

The lighting, it's all about the lighting. It makes such a big difference in increasing immersion.
One thing I would like to see is the end of health bars on enemies, and showcase their current health only through visuals and animations, which would add a bit of welcomed uncertainty.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Good sign I think. I really hope it's at the VGAs.

I wonder if they'll say a word or two about Demon's Souls Remake. I'm actually looking forward to Miyazaki's thoughts on it but he'll probably give some courteous appreciation of the team's efforts and such.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I love how that tweet is literally nothing. "We see how much you're looking forward to this game and hope you're looking forward to it"

It's fine. I can wait. but lol

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely no way of conveying what I mean by this with any kind of pictures or anything to back this up, but a lot of Japanese games, especially during the ps360 generation but also a bunch in this generation like Nioh, and none more than FROM had this...thing to how they looked. Something about the lighting I think. I really like it, and I cannot explain how or why or what on earth it is that I even like about it. But I just find it really aesthetically pleasing. I don't know if it's a sort of soft bloom effect, because that's not quite it and plenty of western games have that, and I wouldn't describe Nioh as having bloom really, but idk how to describe it. But it looks really nice to me. Plenty of Japanese developers didn't have this, of course. Like for me pretty much anything Square has done doesn't really have this. Maybe NieR kinda? But not Automata. Dark Souls 2 is the only FROM game I've seen that doesn't have it. That game's lighting is too flat. But Dark Souls 3 sort of has it. The newer the game is the harder it is to tell. But that's why I don't think it's tied to bloom because games without bloom can still have it this look to their lighting that I really really like, and it's only ever Japanese devs.

Anyway, Bluepoint have somehow managed to portray a lot of that, albeit in a very subtle way. I have never seen a western developer make a game with the visual thing I'm talking about. I wish I could explain what it is lol. But something about what they've done in this remake preserves that and I love that they've somehow done that.

I expect probably like two other human beings in the world to know what the fuck I'm talking about and I have no idea why I'm trying to explain it, but maybe someone else will know what I'm talking about and I'll feel a tad less crazy.

Pretty sure I'm just crazy though.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, at least Demon's Souls is this year. Hopefully that'll tie over some folks for a while.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
Yeah his words were something like : " Game was supposed to appear at TGA.
Game was not shown at TGA because they wanted to show it in its best light .
Game was supposed to appear at another event.
Game was not shown at event because covid arrived and fucked up everything "

Oct 25, 2017
That tweet restored my humanity, I believe again. Maybe it does exist!

Though I must say that the wait has been particularly easy since I discovered Hololive. God bless YAGOO, his company saved my soul.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Perfect for Halloween, Sinclair Lore has released the first new episode of Bloodborne Up Close, a reboot of an old JSF series that is now a lot more focused and insightful than before, with some actually surprisingly fresh and interesting interpretations about Yosefka's clinic and what is happening there, even if you don't consider the game has been out for five years.

The original episodes were really important for the early days of lore discussion and theories of Bloodborne, so it's really cool to see it come back. Do check it out.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Perfect for Halloween, Sinclair Lore has released the first new episode of Bloodborne Up Close, a reboot of an old JSF series that is now a lot more focused and insightful than before, with some actually surprisingly fresh and interesting interpretations about Yosefka's clinic and what is happening there, even if you don't consider the game has been out for five years.

The original episodes were really important for the early days of lore discussion and theories of Bloodborne, so it's really cool to see it come back. Do check it out.

Thanks for the link, will check it out. I'm still really bumped that there's no series on youtube that explains bloodborne's lore well post Old Hunters release, or basically The Paleblood Hunt in video format. I might be just blind/stupid and missed one but I'm still hoping someone gets to it someday.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Thanks for the link, will check it out. I'm still really bumped that there's no series on youtube that explains bloodborne's lore well post Old Hunters release, or basically The Paleblood Hunt in video format. I might be just blind/stupid and missed one but I'm still hoping someone gets to it someday.
Oh but there is. it's a bit old by now, since it began before the dlc and ended almost a year after it started, but Aegon of Astoria has an amazing series called Bloodborne let's talk lore. Here's the playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ17Wuu7rVt7ytbFGwAHZSzq2kZKqRlfw

Also Sinclair's channel has a long history of bloodborne lore videos with her and JSF, though it is in podcast form and most aren't super well organized/contain a lot of fluff. Still, there are great insights to be found and they've been doing it for the last four years maybe? the podcast might not be your cup of tea, but it's worth it to see how you like it
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOIA4n5j7Kca0J-Ek6LuODRXR0VQi_AMZ

This is the video that made me find out about them, and it features Aegon from the series I've linked as a guest as well as Redgrave, who wrote the paleblood hunt. You could give it a look and see if the style is something that you enjoy.

Oct 25, 2017
I still to this day haven't read The Paleblood Hunt, but Redgrave's youtube channel is by far my favorite Bloodborne lore content outside of the game itself, definitely check it out if you haven't:

www.youtube.com

Redgrave

The Little Things in Yharnam series has a lot of interesting insights even for people who already dig deep into the lore through the game itself, while most of Souls lore content you'll get on the internet is more about retelling the story in a more straightforward manner.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Oh but there is. it's a bit old by now, since it began before the dlc and ended almost a year after it started, but Aegon of Astoria has an amazing series called Bloodborne let's talk lore. Here's the playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ17Wuu7rVt7ytbFGwAHZSzq2kZKqRlfw

Also Sinclair's channel has a long history of bloodborne lore videos with her and JSF, though it is in podcast form and most aren't super well organized/contain a lot of fluff. Still, there are great insights to be found and they've been doing it for the last four years maybe? the podcast might not be your cup of tea, but it's worth it to see how you like it
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOIA4n5j7Kca0J-Ek6LuODRXR0VQi_AMZ

This is the video that made me find out about them, and it features Aegon from the series I've linked as a guest as well as Redgrave, who wrote the paleblood hunt. You could give it a look and see if the style is something that you enjoy.

Yeah I've run across them in my search, but they're not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not exactly asking for vaati's level of production (which is sometimes overproduced even imo) but something I could share with friends who aren't invested enough to look up all the lore videos and theories. Sinclair's format in videos like the birdcage or wet nurse character are closer to what I'm looking for, but for the story as a whole.

I still to this day haven't read The Paleblood Hunt, but Redgrave's youtube channel is by far my favorite Bloodborne lore content outside of the game itself, definitely check it out if you haven't:

www.youtube.com

Redgrave

The Little Things in Yharnam series has a lot of interesting insights even for people who already dig deep into the lore through the game itself, while most of Souls lore content you'll get on the internet is more about retelling the story in a more straightforward manner.

His video about the Hunter's origin was eye-opening in a "Bloodborne goes much deeper than I thought" sort of way.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Man, Elden Ring is probably going to be sick af. I just rewatched the trailer and I'm pretty hyped tbh, everything we've read so far sounds pretty amazing. It being open-world, hopefully being really non-linear with tons of stuff to find, big dungeons, hopefully lots of build variety, more involved NPCs, a grand, epic backstory. I'd also kinda hope for some more out-of-combat abilites, that might allow you to take different paths, like being able to climb up places if you've got the right skills, or being able to buy keys to skip areas in dungeons, etc. Just more ways different playstyles could

All sounds pretty sick. And seems like they are taking their time with it too, which is a good thing, since both Dark Souls 2 and 3 really felt like they were cobbled together at the last minute. I'm also just really excited to jump into this new world they've created. With every Dark Souls sequel they've muddled their themes more and more, so getting something that hasn't been just so overdone seems incredibly exciting. What Miyazaki really doesn't get credit for is just how well realized the themes of his games are, especially in Dark Souls 1 (once again 2 and 3 kinda ruined them, but nonetheless). Everything in that game is in some way related to the fire burning out, and everything is designed around that. Bonfires, estus, pyromancy, hollowing, solaire and his quest for the sun, anor londo basically everything. Ending the game in the kiln, with piles and piles of ash surrounding it, is just absolutely perfect. It's about the end of an age, and everything in the game supports that theme. In that regard it is up there with the best gaming has to offer, and in a way its actually kinda relatable. Trying to hold unto something that needs to end is something we all do, whether that is holding unto childhood, a failed relationship, a dead-end job or whatever.

And reading this IGN article, where he basically says: "yes its still western fantasy, but the themes are entirely different, so the game is going to be entirely different" really makes me think that he understand that what makes a piece of media meaningful and different isn't its story or lore or whatever, but its themes.
And if the "story" of Elden Ring really is that there was once something that gave the world meaning and form and that thing then being destroyed, could make for a thematically really impactful game. Might also be kinda topical, depending on your view.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Considering all the stuff about world state that was cut in DS3, and the features like movable bonfires being discussed too early. Even Sekiro's death andd dragon rot mechanic got nerfed in a major way.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan

www.youtube.com

Redgrave

Man, I loved Redgrave's Bloodborne lore. The Little Things was such a great series.

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotta give them another watch.

Haven't beaten Inner Isshin yet, but I think I'll try beating him the same way I beat the Shura path version: by throwing firecrackers at any move I don't like.
Hahahaha, that's a great strategy for Sekiro overall.

I think it was a Bloodborne enemy who wrote that description, because their idea of "beast" is quite vague.

Tv9924

May 11, 2020
My headcannon is that Bloodborne won't be 60fps on PS5 because they want to sell the remaster. Yes I know that's probably not the case but let a guy dream!!

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
My headcannon is that Bloodborne won't be 60fps on PS5 because they want to sell the remaster. Yes I know that's probably not the case but let a guy dream!!
There's probably just no team available to do the patch the game would need for that, it's probably not super hard for the people they have considering Lance managed to wipe up a decent try by himself. I think it's more that Fromsoftware would need to be the ones to do it, but there's no way they have people just free to work on that.

Oct 25, 2017
Yaaay, finally unlocked Kage! I'm all set for my next slow playthrough. Then after it I'll try the True Boss Rush.

This game feels so damn good to play. I love the new Combat Art too, it's very strong, but not in a way that completely negate others, I think. I can still see myself using Ichimonji Double, High Monk, Spiral Cloud Passage, Shadowfall and Empowered Mortal Draw, at least. I do think overall it's the strongest due to the cost, but I think that's a positive thing.

Is the Demon of Hatred in the gauntlet weaker than the one in the main game? It definitely felt that way to me.

Udreif

May 29, 2020
Yaaay, finally unlocked Kage! I'm all set for my next slow playthrough. Then after it I'll try the True Boss Rush.

This game feels so damn good to play. I love the new Combat Art too, it's very strong, but not in a way that completely negate others, I think. I can still see myself using Ichimonji Double, High Monk, Spiral Cloud Passage, Shadowfall and Empowered Mortal Draw, at least. I do think overall it's the strongest due to the cost, but I think that's a positive thing.

Is the Demon of Hatred in the gauntlet weaker than the one in the main game? It definitely felt that way to me.
The new combat art is very cool indeed, have you tried it's flashy secret use against geni and isshin?
Honestly I feel like almost every weapon art has its use and can be very useful in a fight, this boss rush has proven that to me. The only one that could render all the others as low tier is Ichimonji double, which is still broken ( heal all your posture while dealing decent posture damage and stunning the enemy? and it's free? how can anything compete with that? ).

And yeah, the shura gauntlet demon of hatred is much much weaker. I was breaking its posture ( :o ) with one quarter of his health left.

Oct 25, 2017
The new combat art is very cool indeed, have you tried it's flashy secret use against geni and isshin?
Honestly I feel like almost every weapon art has its use and can be very useful in a fight, this boss rush has proven that to me. The only one that could render all the others as low tier is Ichimonji double, which is still broken ( heal all your posture while dealing decent posture damage and stunning the enemy? and it's free? how can anything compete with that? ).

And yeah, the shura gauntlet demon of hatred is much much weaker. I was breaking its posture ( :o ) with one quarter of his health left.
You mean reflecting lightning? I didn't try it myself but saw a Sunhi gif using it, pretty sick.