• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome back, Omni.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Regarding the "more than a trailer" : I'm gonna make a wild guess that sometime this year Game Informer will be doing a cover story on the game.

I thought that as a possibility too, but then that should already be set in stone I think. I can only imagine they schedule their covers several months in advance.
I guess Omni's words refer to streamer gameplays (at the very most), more interviews and articles, previews based on extended footage for the media only, etc.
What he probably didn't know is that there could actually be 2 trailers: the official one, and the leaked one if it leaks in its entirety. lol

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Hey guys I just woke u-
community-troy-fire-gif.gif

oh...

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
There will surely be dark grey areas and there will be' colorful ones. You cant have an open world game with dynamic weather and day cycle all grey

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Didn't want to watch it, but the clips were so short that I stumbled upon both on Twitter and couldn't really look away lmao.

I feel bad for the team. Like, if this were all that leaks it won't be too bad, as it's too short and LQ and doesn't really taint initial expectations. But we're bound to have the full leak and, even then, it's a shitty way for people to have the first look.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys I just woke u-

oh...

lol

Didn't want to watch it, but the clips were so short that I stumbled upon both on Twitter and couldn't really look away lmao.

I feel bad for the team. Like, if this were all that leaks it won't be too bad, as it's too short and LQ and doesn't really taint initial expectations. But we're bound to have the full leak and, even then, it's a shitty way for people to have the first look.

There's more than two right now. And I think for some people it already has done some damage. I'd not delay too much the official trailer, and if I had a full, better quality of the leaked thing, I'd leak that too. Maybe it does more good than just these shitty clips.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019

I think by the end of the day we will have the full trailer... and yes, not the way I expected to see it after 2 years of wait

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Alright I'm still getting caught up on what's happened thus far but right now what I can say is this:

This leak is of an old WIP trailer meant for internal use only, much like the original Project Beast leak. I'd known that it had been circulating in "insider back channels" for at least over a week now, maybe even a bit longer. If, or more reasonably when the full thing leaks out I would recommend that you guys remember that some things will have changed since then.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Alright I'm still getting caught up on what's happened thus far but right now what I can say is this:

This leak is of an old WIP trailer meant for internal use only, much like the original Project Beast leak. I'd known that it had been circulating in "insider back channels" for at least over a week now, maybe even a bit longer. If, or more reasonably when the full thing leaks out I would recommend that you guys remember that some things will have changed since then.

So... I guess you didn't know how immediately true the "more than one trailer" thing you said was gonna turn out in the end. :)
Because I guess when there's an actual (official) trailer, it will differ quite a bit from this.

Rhodan

Feb 8, 2020

This is even better news. We don't just have visual confirmation ER is real and a very rough expectation of what it might look like, the vague scrap we saw also wasn't up to From's standards yet. I don't expect an insane graphical upgrade or total overhaul or anything of the sort, but knowing this isn't even its final form is already quite the appetizer for what's to come.

I'd also like to apologize for doubting you all this time because holy shit there have been so many fake rumors. Turns out you really were giving us the truth all along, you damn cleric.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
This has to light a fire under FROM and banda's ass to get a full trailer out there tho? U don't want to keep a potato quality trailer the only new trailer you've had in 2 years for too long.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
On a personal note, as much as I hate leaks like this I've been stressing out over the last few days as I wait for a callback from a company I'm interviewing for (3rd round of interviews) and this is just the sort of distraction I needed. This is the further I've got after a year of unemployment.

If I don't get the job, I hope we at least get a trailer this week :P

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Omnipotent Does the game still have a dedicated jump button and if so does the combat also make use of it?

The leak makes everything so rooted to the ground, I hope they didnt regress back from Sekiro. Not saying I wanna jump 60 feet in the air and come crashing down with my greatsword but I would love for the combat to be expanded by incorporating a jump.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Omnipotent Does the game still have a dedicated jump button and if so does the combat also make use of it?

The leak makes everything so rooted to the ground, I hope they didnt regress back from Sekiro. Not saying I wanna jump 60 feet in the air and come crashing down with my greatsword but I would love for the combat to be expanded by incorporating a jump.
Dedicated jump yes, use in combat, AFAIK no. Its more of a small hop than a big jump and is more for traversal and to make platforming less frustrating.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Imagine if it's really revealed by the end of the month and the trailer just says "2022" at the end. On one hand, we'd at least have a window, but on the other hand another full year of hollowing

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Dedicated jump yes, use in combat, AFAIK no. Its more of a small hop than a big jump and is more for traversal and to make platforming less frustrating.

I guess it would be really hard to jump in something like Havel's equivalent in Elden Ring during combat. Though I liked jumping over enemies attacks in Sekiro so much that I kinda wish it was in ER in some form :D

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
i wonder how in-depth the stealth is..like how far can you go in a level relaying only on stealth. Would stealth builds be finally viable?

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019
I also have a feeling that this leaked footage is from a version of the trailer that was supposed to be shown in the cancelled TGA 2019 showing.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
This is even better news. We don't just have visual confirmation ER is real and a very rough expectation of what it might look like, the vague scrap we saw also wasn't up to From's standards yet. I don't expect an insane graphical upgrade or total overhaul or anything of the sort, but knowing this isn't even its final form is already quite the appetizer for what's to come.

I'd also like to apologize for doubting you all this time because holy shit there have been so many fake rumors. Turns out you really were giving us the truth all along, you damn cleric.
I'm sorry I doubted you Omni. I was just tired of the leaker culture.
Does this mean I've officially earned my new title? 🤔😳

i wonder how in-depth the stealth is..like how far can you go in a level relaying only on stealth. Would stealth builds be finally viable?
The stealth system is similar to Sekiro, so obviously in the trailer you can see the player crouching to do an assasination but beyond that there's a visibility system in place that's also affected by things like ToD and weather. At night and in fog you're going to be harder to detect.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
I wonder if this "some things have changed" means really significant stuff, like new mechanics or completely cut or reworked systems or just trivial stuff that changes during development

Thorway97

May 15, 2018

do you mean that some of the mechanics you see / will see in the leak if it comes out completely may no longer be in the final game?

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Feels bad that right when things were to blow out officially almost everything got leaked.

Seems like a fantastic new take on Souls and i'll be there day 1, nonetheless.

Rhodan

Feb 8, 2020
I wonder if they kept the overworld/level music from Sekiro, or if it's all quiet until bossfights again. I thought it created an amazing atmosphere unique to each level.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
ahhhh
AHHHHH

if this WIP internal use only already looks fantastic, can't imagine the final trailer.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
The stealth system is similar to Sekiro, so obviously in the trailer you can see the player crouching to do an assasination but beyond that there's a visibility system in place that's also affected by things like ToD and weather. At night and in fog you're going to be harder to detect.

My god, I don't know if my heart can handle this. I'm getting too hyped