• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Please no ugly high absorbtion armor. As a former semi tryhard PVP player it upseted me to use Winged Knight set because of how high absorbtion they had, armor should only be for fashion imo :(
tenor.gif

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Please no ugly high absorbtion armor. As a former semi tryhard PVP player it upseted me to use Winged Knight set because of how high absorbtion they had, armor should only be for fashion imo :(
the winged knight set is beautiful and the biggest crime dark souls 3 committed was not having the golden version with giant wings available

Edible

Nov 20, 2017
I don't know if this has been known to you but when I was looking for some cleric pictures for my DS3 Faith Build guide I stumbled upon these.

Cleric_Armor.jpg
Elite_cleric_set_male.png

Left one is from Dungeons and Dragons and right one is Elite Cleric Set of DS1 that was cut from game. Armor similarities are unmistakable.

That DnD wiki used the concept art for DS1 cleric instead.
I think it's a scan from the famitsu art book published a long while ago.
It's pretty common for TRPG wiki to use other ips images if the editors can't find existing one.

Last edited:

iiStryker

Sep 19, 2019
So given that the Taipei Game Show was postponed and February is nearly over is the consensus of what video Sony was going to show was the E3 video?

I mean, if it were NEW footage, what would be stopping From/Bandai Namco from showing it à la carte?

Last edited:

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
So given that Taipei Game Show was postponed and February is nearly over is the consensus of what video Sony was going to show was the E3 video.

I mean, if it were NEW footage what would be stopping From/Bandai Namco from showing it à la carte?

I think it was confirmed long ago that the Taiwan show footage was just the same E3 trailer.

Seems weird you'd wait 9 months and then just show the same thing you did previously so idk if that was true or not.

iiStryker

Sep 19, 2019
I think it was confirmed long ago that the Taiwan show footage was just the same E3 trailer.

Seems weird you'd wait 9 months and then just show the same thing you did previously so idk if that was true or not.

I was reading an article on a periodicals website from a few weeks ago and they were inclined to suggest it would be a new video.

Labinlima

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
the winged knight set is beautiful and the biggest crime dark souls 3 committed was not having the golden version with giant wings available
Winged Knight only looks beautiful when you use Wolf Knight Helm. It becomes Fattorias. My favorite tryhard fashions are Lapp helm/Cathedral chest, Lapp helm/Millwood Chest, Morne helm/Millwood Chest. Especially Morne Milwood looks unique. Lack of good looking high abs armor are rare still. Sunless chest and dragonscale looks cool too.

Edit: It's not optimal by any means but Lothric Knight helm especially looks good with nearly every set.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
I was reading an article on a periodicals website from a few weeks ago and they were inclined to suggest it would be a new video.

There is no speculation there, it was officially stated on the official website of Taipei Show: "2019 E3 footage will be shown at the show".

If they had new content to be shown there I think it would have been uploaded on the social channels by now.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
What if.... ER does not show even at E3 2020?? We have nothing to be sure about that . What if it happens the same as TES6 or dragon age 4 which were shown with a short CGI teaser but after that , years of silence because they are still years away from release ??? Cyberpunk 2077 first trailer was in 2013 and we are still waiting for it to release. Miyazaki said " there is still a lot of work to do " and Omni said that a lot of things are still not complete / definitive ... This + the 8 months of complete silence make me fear that this scenario is not 100% impossible

Zodiark

alt account
Banned
Feb 8, 2020
What if.... ER does not show even at E3 ?? We have nothing to be sure about that . What if it happens the same as TES6 or dragon age 4 which were shown with a short CGI teaser but after that , years of silence because they are still years away from release ??? Cyberpunk 2077 first trailer was in 2013 and we are still waiting for it to release. Miyazaki said " there is still a lot of work to do " and Omni said that a lot of things are still not complete / definitive ... This + the 8 months of complete silence make me fear that this scenario is not 100% impossible
I'm pretty confident it will be before E3.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
From Software never officially reveals anything that is years away from release...Elden Ring has to be coming soon...

Loran93

Jun 3, 2019
Byrgenwerth
What if.... ER does not show even at E3 2020?? We have nothing to be sure about that . What if it happens the same as TES6 or dragon age 4 which were shown with a short CGI teaser but after that , years of silence because they are still years away from release ??? Cyberpunk 2077 first trailer was in 2013 and we are still waiting for it to release. Miyazaki said " there is still a lot of work to do " and Omni said that a lot of things are still not complete / definitive ... This + the 8 months of complete silence make me fear that this scenario is not 100% impossible
To be honest it would make me even more excited. From usally takes around 3 years to develop a game, and to be honest it alwasy seems that they could use a bit more time. The fact that they're being so silent , could mean that this is a REALLY ambitious game . If it was for me they could take all the time they want.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
From Software games have never been about cutting edge hardware...

But what if the SSD allows for neat online interactions that weren't possible before also my comment on an unexplored game world stands. It's their first time with an open-world and maybe they realized they need more time than usual.

Of course, I am just making conversation and giving possibilities. I hope like everyone else that I am wrong. Not here to argue.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
From Software never officially reveals anything that is years away from release...Elden Ring has to be coming soon...
It is up to Bandai Namco to decide what to reveal and when. This sounds like Fromsoftware magnum opus and souls playerbase have increased as much as other AAA Rpgs in these years. So , from a marketing point of view , it makes sense for Bandai to follow the marketing steps of the other big AAA games this time . This is not simply Dark souls 4 , this is their open world with George RR Martin ( George RR Fuckin Martin !!! ) as a writer. Completely changes everything from previous ways of announcing titles imo.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017

The GRRM collaboration had to make things a little tricky. That was never going to stay under wraps, and why would you want it to? Better to go ahead and at least say what is instead of allowing speculation to build, which becomes expectation — especially over it being Thrones/ASOIAF related.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
how ready are we if the E3 is cancelled/empty because of Corona Virus and we don't see From in the foreseeable future?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
how ready are we if the E3 is cancelled/empty because of Corona Virus and we don't see From in the foreseeable future?
From honestly has that kind of clout atm that they can post a countdown timer on the Elden Ring website and a shit-ton ton of people would show up. They can even shadowdrop a trailer, no need for major events though I'm pretty sure it will be at one.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
From honestly has that kind of clout atm that they can post a countdown timer on the Elden Ring website and a shit-ton ton of people would show up. They can even shadowdrop a trailer, no need for major events though I'm pretty sure it will be at one.

i believe this would be on Bandai side to decide and they like events VERY much.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Guys chill, we have various reasons to believe this will be shown at the xbox event in april.
It's closer than it seems

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
This is the only thread I actively follow, and not seeing any new post at all yesterday saddened me in ways I couldn't even imagine.

(I'm kidding [mildly], but holy sh!t give us something From... and yes pun intended).

AGJTX

Jan 28, 2020
When it does show, I think several of us will forget that we had to wait as long as we did. We will see the results of From's work. It really does seem like they are not on a leash anymore (as with the 3 game contract they had with Namco made it feel like they just wanted out of it ASAP) and taking their time.

We just got to be patient.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
When it does show, I think several of us will forget that we had to wait as long as we did. We will see the results of From's work. It really does seem like they are not on a leash anymore (as with the 3 game contract they had with Namco made it feel like they just wanted out of it ASAP) and taking their time.

We just got to be patient.
Imagine if trailer finally releases within few months after all all this waiting and hype and............. is completely disappointing !
Lol , I am too pessimistic today, gotta stop posting .

AGJTX

Jan 28, 2020
Imagine if trailer finally releases within few months after all all this waiting and hype and............. is completely disappointing !

Based on what we have been told, it will definitely be more RPGish in the DnD sense than Dark Souls. It will be an action RPG for sure, but is also seems to be hinting towards more interactive worlds, more world choices, and more individual character build choices. I think we will be fine.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Part 2 of the CGI trailer no date.

Nah it's gonna be glorious and will showcase the amazing stuff they've talked about.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
Part 2 of the CGI trailer no date.

Nah it's gonna be glorious and will showcase the amazing stuff they've talked about.
Lol
Yeah, I am sure too it will be awesome.
Honestly I already felt disappointed with the first reveal trailer. After reading Omni' s post when I saw the trailer it was really underwhelming to me. Mostly because I didnt see in the trailer anything of the majestic things I read in the Hype Bomb post..... but I am sure with the next one , all we have read/ imagined/ dreamt will finally become reality ( or at least for most of us )

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Lol
Yeah, I am sure too it will be awesome.
Honestly I already felt disappointed with the first reveal trailer. After reading Omni' s post when I saw the trailer it was really underwhelming to me. Mostly because I didnt see in the trailer anything of the majestic things I read in the Hype Bomb post..... but I am sure with the next one , all we have read/ imagined/ dreamt will finally become reality ( or at least for most of us )
They've set the tone. Dark Souls and even Bloodborne had a couple of these tone piece trailers that were a chunk of the opening cinematic.

Remember DS3?
Announcement trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAlGv-IW4g
Opening Cinematic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRBpd3ghVG4

They are very similar but the opening cinematic shows of a bit more and gives the whole thing more context. I would almost be willing to bet that this is the case for the Elden Ring trailer as well. These things are just way too expensive not to use in the final product.

Personally I don't need a lot of trailers for the buildup to release, I just hope we get a date/window of when we can expect it.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
They've set the tone. Dark Souls and even Bloodborne had a couple of these tone piece trailers that were a chunk of the opening cinematic.

Remember DS3?
Announcement trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAlGv-IW4g
Opening Cinematic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRBpd3ghVG4

They are very similar but the opening cinematic shows of a bit more and gives the whole thing more context. I would almost be willing to bet that this is the case for the Elden Ring trailer as well. These things are just way too expensive not to use in the final product.

Personally I don't need a lot of trailers for the buildup to release, I just hope we get a date/window of when we can expect it.
My feeling towards the CGI trailers is always the same : " Alright , we got out of our balls the fucking CGI one , now we can hype up and start to wait for the real deal to be shown ! "

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had been playing some Destiny and a scary/exciting thought crossed my mind.

Maybe ER is mmo-lite like Destiny without social space. I would HATE it but seeing Destiny can't help but wonder how From could spin it. Its their biggest project yet, lets hope it isn't a GaaS.

AGJTX

Jan 28, 2020
I had been playing some Destiny and a scary/exciting thought crossed my mind.

Maybe ER is mmo-lite like Destiny without social space. I would HATE it but seeing Destiny can't help but wonder how From could spin it. Its their biggest project yet, lets hope it isn't a GaaS.

I would see this being more of an Armored Core idea as the GaaS could coincide with new Mech parts and the additions of new missions, regions, or mercenary factions. The idea behind Armored Core is the a seemingly never ending war fought through mercenary and/or paramilitary forces.

But that being said, I don't think that will even be the case.

Labinlima

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Definitely would be like this especially after first few weeks. Imagine escaping from Undead Asylum or entering High Wall to see this. Lmao. But if they made a system like different players' worlds connecting without warning and loading screens just like Journey it could be very interesting. Imagine solo players connecting with another random solo players while venturing open world. Since invasions prioritize hosts with groups it's actually pretty rare to encounter an invader in these games without coop or DF runs. I played DS1 very late and I only encountered 2 players as invaders.