• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
From soft saw this art and said, hire this man (person):

Let's go soulscore ! 💯 XD

edit: I can't find a link to the original's artist (mono) pages (Pixiv/twitter) :(

Personally I hope it doesn't look anything like this, that's basically just DS again.

AC already had great art direction

www.youtube.com

ARMORED CORE 5 CG trailler (full version)

armored core 5 intro movie

Injecting some 80/90's Anime influences would be a dream. Retro HUDs and all.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If it does end up looking like that I'll be happy for you guys though.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017

Nah I would like something akin to the AC 4 / 4A opening, AC5 CGI intro is amazing not too brown nor the high exposure bloom. I agree that AC already had great art direction :).
I was just being a bit cheeky with the armored core/souls. It's all pre-mature talk anyway.

Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I thought people who want that anime look go to Daemon x Machina, also at least produced by one former Armored Core producer.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
in terms of graphics, did this look similar to their last gen games like Elden Ring / Sekiro, or does it look better than those and something targeting next-gen only?
This is hard to tell and it's been a few hours now since I watched the short videos AND I'm not a graphics guy, but I could only say it looked like a modern mech game, I wasn't blown away by the graphics or anything but it didn't scream last gen either. You know how when we first saw the leak of Elden Ring footage, we *knew* it looked cross-gen, I didn't get that sense from what I saw, but again it's difficult to say from the short footage, watermarked.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
This is hard to tell and it's been a few hours now since I watched the short videos AND I'm not a graphics guy, but I could only say it looked like a modern mech game, I wasn't blown away by the graphics or anything but it didn't scream last gen either. You know how when we first saw the leak of Elden Ring footage, we *knew* it looked cross-gen, I didn't get that sense from what I saw, but again it's difficult to say from the short footage, watermarked.

Did it have From Software's usually high quality art style?

benzy

Oct 25, 2017

Ah, nice. Thanks for the reply! I imagine mechs should be easier to make look great anyway due to modern rendering techniques for shiny metal materials. Pretty excited for this.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Did it have From Software's usually high quality art style?
I'd have to say to me, as someone who isn't in to mech at all, it looked kind of generic but robots, machines, it's all the same to me. I'm not worried about From Soft's art direction, but what I saw I'd say the designs were more utilitarian than flashy. Like the humanoid mecha didn't have ornate shoulder guards and leggings - it wasn't robot knights, it all looked like angular square machinery to me except the boss had a dome head iirc.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to say to me, as someone who isn't in to mech at all, it looked kind of generic but robots, machines, it's all the same to me. I'm not worried about From Soft's art direction, but what I saw I'd say the designs were more utilitarian than flashy. Like the humanoid mecha didn't have ornate shoulder guards and leggings - it wasn't robot knights, it all looked like angular square machinery to me except the boss had a dome head iirc.
Thanks for the detailed answers

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Personally I hope it doesn't look anything like this, that's basically just DS again.

www.youtube.com

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Yes. I am all for cel shading this to take inspiration from an 80's/90's anime. It would look absolutely insane and uncanny on modern hardware.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
This is also how i'd describe their mech designs, utilitarian war machines. AC4a had huge war machines called armed forts that were like huge set piece boss fights and pretty cool looking already. Even if this new game is not gonna be called Armored Core, i am sure call backs to some recognizable designs will make it to here. Still curious about how the levels will look with their aquired skills in level designs, i can only imagine a new sci-fi fromsoft game.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
This is also how i'd describe their mech designs, utilitarian war machines. AC4a had huge war machines called armed forts that were like huge set piece boss fights and pretty cool looking already. Even if this new game is not gonna be called Armored Core, i am sure call backs to some recognizable designs will make it to here. Still curious about how the levels will look with their aquired skills in level designs, i can only imagine a new sci-fi fromsoft game.

Utilatarian is exactly what I want here. I want them to feel like heavy functional robots.

I hope the game doesn't lean too heavily into Souls territory but I always knew the return of AC would be quite different to the old games. I trust From to find the best way forward!

Sushii

May 22, 2021
Have you heard anything about the fromsoftware ps5 exclusive?

definedMF

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto Canada

www.youtube.com

- YouTube

You get bonus points for refrencing the best Patlabor movie and one of the best scenes from it.

If any ounce of that shows up in AC it will be incredible.

Sushii

May 22, 2021
Could Sony and/or BluePoint make an announcement this year regarding Bloodborne remastered for ps5 and pc and that they are working on a sequel as well?

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
But Nick Baker from xbox era said that fromsoftware is working on a ps5 exclusive. Its more souls like compared to elden ring and sekiro.
Nick has been dragging the entire souls fanbase for over a year now and people keep falling for it lol. The guy even said he hated the community...at this point its clear to me he's just trolling to mess with expectations.
He hasnt gotten a single thing right regarding fromsoft since then. People really need to stop giving him that kind of attention.

OFC From will eventually work again with Sony but that doesnt mean that Nick knew shit.

Could Sony and/or BluePoint make an announcement this year regarding Bloodborne remastered for ps5 and pc and that they are working on a sequel as well?
Sony hasnt touched the Bloodborne IP in 7 years. They are not suddenly gonna go back to it to work on two projects at once and I dont think BP will get anywhere close to it after the backlash against DeS art direction.

mrjamesmurphy

Mar 10, 2021
So that whole "Project Interstice" thing turned out to be a big fan fic, it was posted to r/GamingLeaksAndRumours with some art that was ripped off Artstation and tossed through a few filters. Quite fake.

Another big tell is that looks like they are actually making a legit Armored Core game, NOT a spiritual successor like Sekiro.

The screenshots are out there BTW. Game looks incredibly cool and honestly pretty far along. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets announced after ER's release for March next year, return to form with releases always occurring in that month.

Edit: All Hail Red Licorice. This is some amazing news thanks for sharing.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
posted from the other thread

character presets from the network test

Noctis look-alike
qBWxv8x.png

Haven't seen this one much before
Qeq4QiD.png

Rjz7ujH.png

comparison with in-game for this character
FD3pv1ZUcAEPDJE

FD3p80bVgAA_OEW

More in video

Nick has been dragging the entire souls fanbase for over a year now and people keep falling for it lol. The guy even said he hated the community...at this point its clear to me he's just trolling to mess with expectations.
He hasnt gotten a single thing right regarding fromsoft since then. People really need to stop giving him that kind of attention.

OFC From will eventually work again with Sony but that doesnt mean that Nick knew shit.

Sony hasnt touched the Bloodborne IP in 7 years. They are not suddenly gonna go back to it to work on two projects at once and I dont think BP will get anywhere close to it after the backlash against DeS art direction.
It's been 7 years wtf

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021

There's a backlash?

In any case I doubt that will hold up anything, they may just use it as an opportunity to improve that area.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Does today's news mean anything for a possible Sekiro 2 on playstation systems? I'm not sure how these things usually go. Does From have to partner with Activision again for Sekiro 2?

Suppenseppel

May 31, 2019
I am still curious, why did Spencer visit Fromsoftware in Japan, think it was 2019, what was the point?
Fromsoftware was a System seller for me with Bloodborne and I would buy a MS console for an exclusive in future. I think it is more lucrative for from to get some sweet and more money from MS than greedy Sony. Of course will be on PC, but I would buy a series x for an exclusive fromsoft action game or rpg.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I am still curious, why did Spencer visit Fromsoftware in Japan, think it was 2019, what was the point?
Fromsoftware was a System seller for me with Bloodborne and I would buy a MS console for an exclusive in future. I think it is more lucrative for from to get some sweet and more money from MS than greedy Sony. Of course will be on PC, but I would buy a series x for an exclusive fromsoft action game or rpg.
I don't think From was the only one he visited. He probably checked out other japanese studios as well to see if he could get their games on xbox/gamepass.

OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think From was the only one he visited. He probably checked out other japanese studios as well to see if he could get their games on xbox/gamepass.
For sure. Maybe From also pitched products they wanted funding on, they did have to shop around for Sekiro.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
New Hawkshaw video just dropped.

I've been rewatching their vids to make the waiting easier and I can say they're my favorite Souls channel along with illusory wall.

Anyone knows of good souls/FromSoft channels I should know about other than Zullie, Iron Pineapple, etc.?

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Ehh, I'd stay away and be on a blackout until release (it's only ~ 5 weeks now), the network test footage was already more then enough.

OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
New Hawkshaw video just dropped.

I've been rewatching their vids to make the waiting easier and I can say they're my favorite Souls channel along with illusory wall.

Anyone knows of good souls/FromSoft channels I should know about other than Zullie, Iron Pineapple, etc.?
Honestly all of the good souls content creators just stopped doing stuff, I think Aegon does like 1 video a year. The pre ER scene has been dreadful. I guess Lore is doing what he can but yeah, not like he has a lot to go on with ER.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Its not strictly souls content but I'd reccomend Sinclair Lore if you can handle how chaotic it gets at times. Sophie is someone who I feel deeply understands what these games are about and the few ER videos they have put out have been excellent. I also just generally like the low production values whereas I feel like Vaati overkills it and im totally put off by it whenever I try to watch their stuff.

For strict souls stuff I love illusory wall, lorehunter and Zullie but they are either on an hiatus until ER or surviving off the little bit of info there is left until release. I do think the post-ER scene will be very interesting and there's a big chance for new channels and smaller ones to grow a lot. I sure hope we also see a return of channels like Redgrave's and websites like the one Meph did for bb.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I think that since this is essentially open world Dark Souls 4, I don't mind some spoilers. I'd probably avoid them if it were something totally new from FromSoftware. I think I watched like 40 hours of the network test lmao.

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
I started playing through the soulsborne games in 2020 after getting into Bloodborne. By now I have nearly platinumed them all. Before that I had come across videos of boss fights, iconic areas/moments and even full speed runs. Anything I missed in the first run could easily be googled and understood for the next. Elden Ring feels like my first unspoiled souls experience. I wasn't invited to the network test, but have only watched little of others playing it. I'm excited to explore it on release and follow along as the community figure out the mysterious elements.

Kazen

May 31, 2019
Man... Just watched some spoilers for a bunch of spells in Elden Ring and Jesus.....

This game is going to be absolutely amazing