• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rhodan

Feb 8, 2020
The Sekiro coverage was freaking awesome. Due to covid It's probably not gonna be as high production value with footage from their offices etc but the interviews alone were great.

I honestly just want them to start rolling out information. The world, systems, whats new in combat, player progression. I live for that kind of stuff.

Underground stuff in terms of level design seems like the perfect tool to use for shortcuts and paths that lead to interesting places in the open field.

Yup yup. I love, love, love seeing interviews with From about their games. Yuka's thoughts behind the creation of the soundtrack, the themes of the game, specific little things the devs were going for behind the scenes- all of it. I remember loving the interviews in the back of their artbooks to bits and I was so disappointed to find the Bloodborne, DS3 and Sekiro ones didn't have any of that.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for your dedication to the cause and patience with all of us, it must be a pain at times having to deal with fake rumors, conspiracies and narratives of all sorts. I'm sure you are excited too for the next reveal as everyone will forget the hollowing and participate more positively to the discussion.
Admittedly, being a public insider, and the resident From insider in particular is a massive headache and has no shortage of frustrations and annoyances and is otherwise a large time commitment as I spend a lot of time working on the stuff that you guys see as well as stuff you don't. There has been more than a few times where I've considered just walking away entirely as it's often, honestly more trouble than it's worth.

But ultimately I do it for you guys and the community as a whole. I just try to do what I would be happy with someone else doing if the roles were reversed, but I also try to be respectful of the companies working on these titles and do my best to not cross lines and avoid red tape while still providing some valuable insight when and where I can.

I'm very much looking forward to the reveal as that means I can finally rest and let the marketing machine take over and hopefully have things sail smoothly from there.
as well as having material out there that validates my comments and posts so that I can hopefully stop dealing with all the whiners and complainers for good this time

I've been stalking since the Old Site, been there in the shadows in Shadow Die Twice TGA thread, Elden Ring E3 2019 thread, and finally here!

I do thank you and all guys who contribute in making this thread, oh I need to remind everyone here to give a thought about how we finally have a thread dedicated for FromSoftware!
It's always nice to have long time lurkers join in on the conversation, it's always surprising to me to know that people have been following my stuff since the beginning. Didn't really expect things to end up here way back at TGA 2017, it's been a rocky ride but I'm hoping all the worst of it is behind us.

And yeah it's really important to mention as well as thank everybody who's been here consistently contributing to the thread, trying to help out and bringing discussion to the table as well as all those in here who are in here consistently contributing (even if a lot of it is complaining ;) ). Whether that be sharing art work or talking about similar media that you're enjoying during the wait, all of it is appreciated and this thread and community are nothing without you guys.

Once again, I'm grateful for everything we've built here so far and I'm looking forward to seeing it continue to grow and expand. I have some ideas on where things could go from here both for the thread and our community, but I'm very much open to suggestions as well.

phaerodox

Apr 8, 2020
Been seeing a lot of new accounts show up in the thread over the past month or so in particular, not sure where you all are coming from but I appreciate the fact that you guys made the effort to come over and join our community. Thread is at over a hundred pages and 700k views in less than 6 months, and the title doesn't even imply new info. It's been comforting as well as humbling to see our community grow so much in such a short amount of time and I'm looking forward to watching it continue to grow. Lots of really great people have come over from a number of places since the site has launched, some of which I've had the opportunity to chat with personally and I've made some good and valuable friends doing so and I can only hope that others are sharing in that same sort of positivity and connection building as I have. Things can get a bit heated in here very occasionally and I may step out myself from time to time, but I can say that I'm very glad that Mifec and I had decided to take the leap and put this thread together and that its been able to serve as a great hang out for so many people. Also shout out to Morrigan for being our resident mod and helping keep things sane when needed as well as just being here and apart of the community as well.
I've been lurking since like page 60 and joined around page 80. Was on reddit for a while trying to engage in conversation with people, starting speculation threads on different topics weekly, etc. Just didn't like where the subreddit was heading and figured I can engage in much more mature, meaningful conversations here. Sure it gets a bit screwy with people having their own conversations amongst each other and what not but I can really appreciate this thread and all its active members tremendously. A big thank you to not only you, Omni, but all the active posters. It's because of this thread I can deal with the building hype and lack of info.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
If I really wanted to instigate senseless nonsensical violence I'd sooner have it be brand loyalists facing off against eachother in the ring to prove the superiority of their corporate overlord of choice's products lol
How about if I challenge Miyazaki to a kendo duel?

Many companies in Japan actually have kendo clubs, I wonder if FromSoft has one... xD

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019
Been seeing a lot of new accounts show up in the thread over the past month or so in particular, not sure where you all are coming from but I appreciate the fact that you guys made the effort to come over and join our community. Thread is at over a hundred pages and 700k views in less than 6 months, and the title doesn't even imply new info. It's been comforting as well as humbling to see our community grow so much in such a short amount of time and I'm looking forward to watching it continue to grow. Lots of really great people have come over from a number of places since the site has launched, some of which I've had the opportunity to chat with personally and I've made some good and valuable friends doing so and I can only hope that others are sharing in that same sort of positivity and connection building as I have. Things can get a bit heated in here very occasionally and I may step out myself from time to time, but I can say that I'm very glad that Mifec and I had decided to take the leap and put this thread together and that its been able to serve as a great hang out for so many people. Also shout out to Morrigan for being our resident mod and helping keep things sane when needed as well as just being here and apart of the community as well.
I remember the first time i heard about ''Omnipotent'' a FromSoftware insider leaking stuff about ''shadows die twice'' was on this video from Prod, 2 years ago:

But back then i didn't even think of coming here and getting information first hand. It was only in may last year (a year ago) that i actually started to lurk here, after Vaati made a post on YouTube with a summary of Omni's first Elden Ring hype post, and i remember being SUPER hyped after reading it lol... but i didn't actually had an account yet so i couldn't post anything here. I remember reading that it was FromSoftware's ''magnum opus'' material in a world where Bloodborne already exists, i got up from my chair and went to get some water haha i was too pumped (Bloodborne being my favorite FromSoftware game AND my favorite game of all time and this has the potential to surpass that? ohhh man). I'm trying to keep my expectation in check but it's hard lmao, but even if Elden Ring doesn't end up surpassing Bloodborne for me, im sure it'll still be a masterpiece regardless. Miyazaki is too excited for this game as seen in interviews and i'm sure it'll translate into a great game that is a product of the love he has for his job.

It's been an honor to participate in this particular FromSoftware community, both here on this thread and also the one previous, really... although i don't post much, i'm here pretty much every single day just lurking and enjoying the discussions while we wait for substantial news.

Also i plan on starting Peaky Blinders this week... have heard many good things about it everywhere and also recently on this thread, so i'm gonna give it a go.

Behrial

Apr 27, 2020
twitter.com

Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice on Twitter

“The one-armed Wolf awakens…”

I know there will not be a DLC for the Sekiro because it has been a long time since the game came out, but this image still causes me doubts, the trees are not the same and the idol is in a different location. so what? Is it an old image of the development of the game or at some point it changes and nobody noticed?

If I really wanted to instigate senseless nonsensical violence I'd sooner have it be brand loyalists facing off against eachother in the ring to prove the superiority of their corporate overlord of choice's products lol

Wait a minute Omni, do you work in person at the office in From?

Rhodan

Feb 8, 2020
Wasn't that Sekiro tweet from around a time when they had already announced there'd be no Sekiro DLC? Looks like a screenshot from when the temple was still in development or something, I wouldn't hedge my bets on it. The Idol's flame is also floating next to it.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
I've been lurking around here since the first page, and while I very rarely post, I really appreciate everything people post here. Love how much thought is put in posts here, and it's part of why I love most of the Soulsborne community in general. Thank you all!

Jan 19, 2020
Bellingham
Thanks for being a fun person to "hang out" with! I look forward to experiencing more of your nomadic-ancient-ruin-dweller point of view 😉

Jan 19, 2020
Bellingham
Tha
I expect something newer, like the depths of the sea or something more ethereal like a kind of hell from the myths of this universe. Something like this.

twitter.com

David Romero on Twitter

“#mermay https://t.co/Gv0qoewmN8”

I wonder if Game Informer will do interviews of the development of the game as they did with the Sekiro.
That'd be interesting if it was the surface that was ancient ruins of the past and under ground was the newer civilization. The trailer could be basically the end of the world as they knew it and what we saw was the last bit of struggle after the Elden Ring was shattered and threw everything into chaos.

Zodiark

alt account
Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Admittedly, being a public insider, and the resident From insider in particular is a massive headache and has no shortage of frustrations and annoyances and is otherwise a large time commitment as I spend a lot of time working on the stuff that you guys see as well as stuff you don't. There has been more than a few times where I've considered just walking away entirely as it's often, honestly more trouble than it's worth.

But ultimately I do it for you guys and the community as a whole. I just try to do what I would be happy with someone else doing if the roles were reversed, but I also try to be respectful of the companies working on these titles and do my best to not cross lines and avoid red tape while still providing some valuable insight when and where I can.

I'm very much looking forward to the reveal as that means I can finally rest and let the marketing machine take over and hopefully have things sail smoothly from there.
as well as having material out there that validates my comments and posts so that I can hopefully stop dealing with all the whiners and complainers for good this time

It's always nice to have long time lurkers join in on the conversation, it's always surprising to me to know that people have been following my stuff since the beginning. Didn't really expect things to end up here way back at TGA 2017, it's been a rocky ride but I'm hoping all the worst of it is behind us.

And yeah it's really important to mention as well as thank everybody who's been here consistently contributing to the thread, trying to help out and bringing discussion to the table as well as all those in here who are in here consistently contributing (even if a lot of it is complaining ;) ). Whether that be sharing art work or talking about similar media that you're enjoying during the wait, all of it is appreciated and this thread and community are nothing without you guys.

Once again, I'm grateful for everything we've built here so far and I'm looking forward to seeing it continue to grow and expand. I have some ideas on where things could go from here both for the thread and our community, but I'm very much open to suggestions as well.
I just wished you had more breadcrumbs from the hype pizza, but you probably weren't prepared either to the stretched wait for official news so it's fine like that.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
What are you guys hoping for from a new Armored Core? Soft reboot, continuation? There's so many ways they could take it.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Been playing through Dark Souls 3 again, and I wonder if the larger world Omni talks about in his hype posts will mean more areas like the Painted World of Ariandel.

It seems to do a good job balancing openness while retaining they Souls feel.

So excited for whenever we get Elden Ring news!

convo

Oct 25, 2017
What are you guys hoping for from a new Armored Core? Soft reboot, continuation? There's so many ways they could take it.
They've got no real reason to continue story threads, as they will want to modernize the IP including appealing it to an international market. Maybe all the noise about Metal Wolf showed that there is a market that could be open to their more grounded mecha games. Miyazaki has name dropped escaflowne before, things could go wild in a potential reboot with that setting in mind. Giving it a modern Fromsoft touch is an explicit mission statement, i'd be stoked for a world that's more than just desserts and ruins.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Never had the opportunity to play King's Field series. Are they still available anywhere? Would I need a PS2? Would like to give it a go.

Last edited:

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Never had the opportunity to play King's Field series. Are they still svailable anywhere? Would I need a PS2? Would like to give it a go.
Speaking as someone from Europe: nope. They are not easy to find. Cost a lot too. I don't think they're on the PSN store.

I have a copy of the PAL release of the first here. Could never play the other 3. The 4th one came out on PS2, so theoretically you could play the whole series on one, yes.

Tested out King's Field II on a PS Classic a while ago, lol. Worked quite well actually...

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Speaking as someone from Europe: nope. They are not easy to find. Cost a lot too. I don't think they're on the PSN store.

I have a copy of the PAL release of the first here. Could never play the other 3. The 4th one came out on PS2, so theoretically you could play the whole series on one, yes. Ran King's Field II on a PS Classic a while ago, lol.
Thanks. I sure missed the boat on that one. Oh well I guess it will remain a mystery for me.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Been playing through Dark Souls 3 again, and I wonder if the larger world Omni talks about in his hype posts will mean more areas like the Painted World of Ariandel.

I hope it means a world like Ringed City where the major part of the city is not just backround image. This was my only negative of the DLC

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
They've got no real reason to continue story threads, as they will want to modernize the IP including appealing it to an international market. Maybe all the noise about Metal Wolf showed that there is a market that could be open to their more grounded mecha games. Miyazaki has name dropped escaflowne before, things could go wild in a potential reboot with that setting in mind. Giving it a modern Fromsoft touch is an explicit mission statement, i'd be stoked for a world that's more than just desserts and ruins.
I wouldn't put my hopes into that, Miyazaki has said they have no plans to do anything like that with Armored Core. Modernize, yes, but I wouldn't expect anything that radical for the series.

I've been lurking since like page 60 and joined around page 80. Was on reddit for a while trying to engage in conversation with people, starting speculation threads on different topics weekly, etc. Just didn't like where the subreddit was heading and figured I can engage in much more mature, meaningful conversations here. Sure it gets a bit screwy with people having their own conversations amongst each other and what not but I can really appreciate this thread and all its active members tremendously. A big thank you to not only you, Omni, but all the active posters. It's because of this thread I can deal with the building hype and lack of info.
Yeah I honestly can't really see or imagine myself ever posting anywhere else. I won't say that this place is perfect and I have plenty of my own issues(see below) but it's still vastly better than most places when it comes to genuine discussion (provided that there aren't bad actors messing with discussion). It's also nice to be able to trust in the administration here which is the only reason I'm able to do what I do here and I can't see something like what we've got here being cultivated elsewhere, at least when it comes to forums. It also helps that we have a number of really great posters here that do a lot for discussion and community as well. I'm glad that you did end up coming over and it could be a bit of a place of refuge for you and I'd encourage any current lurkers that feel similarly to come over and join us here. Quality posters and passionate fans are always welcome.

How about if I challenge Miyazaki to a kendo duel?

Many companies in Japan actually have kendo clubs, I wonder if FromSoft has one... xD
Would you really want to challenge the man behind Sekiro to a sword fight?

Besides, they say that being a game director is the pathway to many abilities some may consider...unnatural

1piIMtGz3hZ-WXRTTZFlzC2FyFrt_0IK7iAy2YgLr7o.jpg

I remember the first time i heard about ''Omnipotent'' a FromSoftware insider leaking stuff about ''shadows die twice'' was on this video from Prod, 2 years ago:

But back then i didn't even think of coming here and getting information first hand. It was only in may last year (a year ago) that i actually started to lurk here, after Vaati made a post on YouTube with a summary of Omni's first Elden Ring hype post, and i remember being SUPER hyped after reading it lol... but i didn't actually had an account yet so i couldn't post anything here. I remember reading that it was FromSoftware's ''magnum opus'' material in a world where Bloodborne already exists, i got up from my chair and went to get some water haha i was too pumped (Bloodborne being my favorite FromSoftware game AND my favorite game of all time and this has the potential to surpass that? ohhh man). I'm trying to keep my expectation in check but it's hard lmao, but even if Elden Ring doesn't end up surpassing Bloodborne for me, im sure it'll still be a masterpiece regardless. Miyazaki is too excited for this game as seen in interviews and i'm sure it'll translate into a great game that is a product of the love he has for his job.

It's been an honor to participate in this particular FromSoftware community, both here on this thread and also the one previous, really... although i don't post much, i'm here pretty much every single day just lurking and enjoying the discussions while we wait for substantial news.

Also i plan on starting Peaky Blinders this week... have heard many good things about it everywhere and also recently on this thread, so i'm gonna give it a go.

I'm always surprised that people knew about and followed me even back then, it all started with me just wanting to correct some misconceptions lol. I can't promise that the game will be better than Bloodborne for you particularly, after all everyone has their own tastes, but I hope after everything I've said in my posts you guys can understand why I see Elden Ring that way, and it's still only just scratching the surface. Seeing it, playing it and exploring that world will be far more exciting than anything I could write up.and in my posts I toned down some of the details so it didn't sound like hyperbole. I'm looking forward to everyone else finally get to see and experience the game and see what I see in the game.

It's also great to hear that this community means so much to you, hopefully all of us together can continue working on it, improving it and growing it.

Also Peaky Blinders is great and I would and will shill it to everyone and anyone and I hope that you're able to enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks for being a fun person to "hang out" with! I look forward to experiencing more of your nomadic-ancient-ruin-dweller point of view 😉
Don't forget to sub to my patreon for behind the scenes content that you won't find anywhere else! Ruined castle tours, alchemy lectures, step by step guides on optimal vent crawling, black magic tutorials and tried and true tips on how to commune and bargain with demons and beings from beyond this reality so you too can have eyes on the inside!

DISCLAIMER: Omnipotent and Omnipotent Incorporated are neither liable nor responsible for any damages, whispers of the void, lost or augmentation of vision, skin, limbs, bones, souls and or first born children. Omnipotent and Omnipotent Incorporated cannot promise that following any of the above will result in success of any sort.
All sales are final, no refunds.

Act now and get all of the above and more for the low low entry price of $666/m
Yo3DCrG.png

No, he just dislikes the fanboys that make up the majority of the site and their incessant console warring.
Console wars, franchise wars, interfranchise wars.
Having keyboard warriors just skip the middle man and duke it out in the ring to prove who's favorite brand or version of said brand is superior would be a lot more entertaining and productive.

I just wished you had more breadcrumbs from the hype pizza, but you probably weren't prepared either to the stretched wait for official news so it's fine like that.
Yeah things have not really gone according to plan to say the least lol, but at this point I think I've covered all the things I'm willing to cover and I don't really even know what else I could really do at this point without going into detail on stuff or making actual leaks, which obviously isn't really something I want. So we're all going to have to sit tight for now, but good things come to those who wait and I'm feeling particularly positive about the future, so hopefully no more road bumps from here on out. Hopefully

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose Armored Core can not swerve into fantasy like that, they'd make a whole new game for far out ideas i guess. With no word on when AC is gonna happen and their testing out Unreal Engine with Deracine, i wonder if they'll move to that for more games in the future. Elden Ring will remain what they use now with that game's timeline, AC can use the overhaul with a brand new engine.

Jan 19, 2020
Bellingham
Don't forget to sub to my patreon for behind the scenes content that you won't find anywhere else! Ruined castle tours, alchemy lectures, step by step guides on optimal vent crawling, black magic tutorials and tried and true tips on how to commune and bargain with demons and beings from beyond this reality so you too can have eyes on the inside!

DISCLAIMER: Omnipotent and Omnipotent Incorporated are neither liable nor responsible for any damages, whispers of the void, lost or augmentation of vision, skin, limbs, bones, souls and or first born children. Omnipotent and Omnipotent Incorporated cannot promise that following any of the above will result in success of any sort.
All sales are final, no refunds.

Act now and get all of the above and more for the low low entry price of $666/m
Yo3DCrG.png

Vent crawling is definitely something I could get better at, though the price is a bit steep with the pandemic going on and all... Would you consider a trade? My soul in exchange for me knowing all the vent crawling best practices without having to do any work whatsoever? I can't turn down a bargain like that!

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
twitter.com

Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice on Twitter

“The one-armed Wolf awakens…”

I know there will not be a DLC for the Sekiro because it has been a long time since the game came out, but this image still causes me doubts, the trees are not the same and the idol is in a different location. so what? Is it an old image of the development of the game or at some point it changes and nobody noticed?

Wait a minute Omni, do you work in person at the office in From?

Yeah, this looks barely subtle enough to be from an early build but why would they even tweet that out? Definitely an interesting find.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
This is actually incredible. I'm a huge tekken fan (I'm sure you can tell by my avatar). Miyazaki a tekken fan? Man I needed this picture in my life
Yeah this was the best picture of E3. Miyazaki with the K.O after the entire Namco lineup leaked.

Harada is a general manager over there for their original IP's so they are already working together on Elden Ring.

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
Omnipotent from your knowledge not only Fromsoftware but also the other developers are still working from home in Japan?

phaerodox

Apr 8, 2020
Yeah this was the best picture of E3. Miyazaki with the K.O after the entire Namco lineup leaked.

Harada is a general manager over there for their original IP's so they are already working together on Elden Ring.

I can only imagine what would happen if someone asked him for Elden Ring news. "DON'T ASK ME FOR SHIT"

Rare123664

Apr 21, 2020

If you check the marketing/interviews from back when it was released, there does seem to be a focus on the openness of the areas. I'm guessing Elden Ring was in pre production at this point, and they used Ariandel because of how disconnected it is from the rest of the world.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Omnipotent from your knowledge not only Fromsoftware but also the other developers are still working from home in Japan?
Well it wouldn't even just be a gaming industry thing, the restrictions were put in place as a safety measure put in place by the Japanese government. But it should be over by the end of this month. But of course if the situation worsens again and case numbers as well as outbreaks start going up then I imagine it'll be back to square one. The whole ordeal has seem to hit some companies far more than others which is a bit of a bummer for some stuff I was looking forward to but safety of workers > videogames.

Rhodan

Feb 8, 2020

Continuing the trend of the wait for Elden Ring inspiring me to put more cool stuff in Dark Souls 3...here's the (WIP) weapon art for the Blades of Conquest, Isshin's Black Mortal Blade and jumonji spear as a unique paired weapon. Coming up on over 30 planned weapons for this mod now... I'll have plenty to occupy myself with for the near, likely gameplay trailer-less future.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Currently replaying Demon's Souls and to be honest, if there is a remake then I hope some of the bosses get an improvement. Primarily, I'm thinking of Dragon God. What a sad fight that is...

Oct 26, 2017

Continuing the trend of the wait for Elden Ring inspiring me to put more cool stuff in Dark Souls 3...here's the (WIP) weapon art for the Blades of Conquest, Isshin's Black Mortal Blade and jumonji spear as a unique paired weapon. Coming up on over 30 planned weapons for this mod now... I'll have plenty to occupy myself with for the near, likely gameplay trailer-less future.

This is amazing, can't wait to try this if it gets a general release!

It also makes me want a modified version of Friede's Greatscythes with the blackflame and her superjump.

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019
Just remembered this interview i read in 2017 where Ty Frank, a sci-fi writter known for the series of books ''The Expanse'', (wich gave birth to the TV series with the same name on the Syfy channel) said that he worked with FromSoftware and wrote stuff for them: Interview Posted at IGN

(Digging a bit deeper i discovered that he was GRRM's assistant in the past, although i think this bit is irrelevant since it was before Martin's collab with From).

But i couldn't stop wondering... for what project exactly he wrote for them?
My best bet is that since he's well versed in writting sci-fi, i think the next Armored Core would be the most suitable project for his style.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Omnipotent Thanks for the posts over the months brother. What I can't wait for most of all other than actually playing the game is the discussion we all will have once it's in our hands. Hopefully you will be active in that thread as well, even though it will be far more hectic than this one lol.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Omnipotent Thanks for the posts over the months brother. What I can't wait for most of all other than actually playing the game is the discussion we all will have once it's in our hands. Hopefully you will be active in that thread as well, even though it will be far more hectic than this one lol.
❤❤❤

Though as for my posting activity in the games OT proper, I probably won't be. I myself will probably be largely off the net at release, hunkering down and just playing the game as much as I can with full immersion. Also don't really want to end up being the center of discussion and would rather have everyone just enjoying, exploring and uncovering on their own. Beyond that I do want to take a long break from active posting once all this business is done, but I don't plan to dissapear completely, just probably go back to what I used to do. But I do plan on working on some stuff for the community here that I'm feeling positive about so that hopefully I won't be missed too much.

Deleted member 56266

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
❤❤❤

Though as for my posting activity in the games OT proper, I probably won't be. I myself will probably be largely off the net at release, hunkering down and just playing the game as much as I can with full immersion. Also don't really want to end up being the center of discussion and would rather have everyone just enjoying, exploring and uncovering on their own. Beyond that I do want to take a long break from active posting once all this business is done, but I don't plan to dissapear completely, just probably go back to what I used to do. But I do plan on working on some stuff for the community here that I'm feeling positive about so that hopefully I won't be missed too much.

I feel you there! For my first playthrough I will not be touching the OT lol.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Never one to shy away from spoilers,unless it's straight to the end,i'll eat up whatever is out there in sequence. I remember psntrophies spoiling some boss names and designs for DS3. Anyone here gonna go on media-blackout when we get some more stuff about the game or a release date?

Deleted member 56266

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Never one to shy away from spoilers,unless it's straight to the end,i'll eat up whatever is out there in sequence. I remember psntrophies spoiling some boss names and designs for DS3. Anyone here gonna go on media-blackout when we get some more stuff about the game or a release date?

I'll watch the reveal whichI'm guessing will have some gameplay snippets but after that I'm not watching any media.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Absolutely. Always such a magical time seeing that communal progression and discoveries popping up everywhere.
(As long as you can avoid the obnoxious YouTube channels/articles that will inevitably clear the game as fast as possible and try to spoil/claim first on everything...)

Just think: at some point we will see the game's box art, promotional art, screenshots, etc. It will all be real and all this will be behind us.

phaerodox

Apr 8, 2020
I'll watch the trailers but other than that I'll try to stay away from Elden Ring discussions/videos. I enjoy going blind my first playthrough and then on the second I'll probably start looking at what the community has discovered. What's most exciting to me is the fact that this is a brand new world we're entering with new lore, characters, etc. From really is on another level with their world building and immersion so having that first experience blind is truly something special.

cnnz

Apr 24, 2020
Just think: at some point we will see the game's box art, promotional art, screenshots, etc. It will all be real and all this will be behind us.

(: i am so much looking forward to the start of the marketing campaign; hell, the post about Dark Souls' milestone mentioning ER was enough for me to be happy.

Shinobi's Twitter got me into AC Odyssey - that's a heavy and big chonk of a game; i may really be occupied until we get new infos on Elden Ring -

I'm sure that as soon as i boot up a Fromsoftware game again, my hype will be through the roof - so i'm saving my next plaxthrough of these games for the time we have something new to discuss (hopefully).

Last edited: