• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Yeah if anything positive has come out of this long internal delay, it's that there will no doubt be a Ps5 version now, rather than what they did with DS2.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still thinking the game will come out early 2022. I just hope we can finally see some gameplay before this summer.

btw Welcome back, Omni! You joining the thread now is good sign. :)

Thorway97

May 15, 2018
welcome back omni sorry but I have to ask: next week there is the bandai event and Kadokawa do you think there is a possibility?

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Figured as much.
It's hilarious but after watching those Lore Hunter episode interviews now all your posts have this voice changer narration to them. lol

SteamyPunk

Oct 26, 2017
How about we go like...one week...before bombarding Omni with questions? Let's let him just be a regular poster for a few days...

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
I mean he already outlined it, things are moving, but we should settle down for a bit... but I don't believe it, I'm still feeling that Big March Energy

Last edited:

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
I mean, it really wasn't anything serious or worth mulling over. People seemed to be getting a bit worried that ER not being at the Xbox event meant that nothing was happening, or at least that was the impression I got. Things are happening, I just can't guarantee when right now so I'm not going to bother saying "yeah its march" or that it's April or whenever if I can't promise that. I know of a general time frame that does coincide with "soon" and generally what others have been saying overall, but in terms of hard dates, as far as I'm aware and in terms of what I have been able to get my hands on up until now, it looks like as of right now nothing is set in stone, or at the very least its information that very few people are privy to. Maybe that changes this week or next week, maybe its a bit longer. But that's all there really is to it currently as far as I'm aware.

I know they've got a number of things planned for the reveal of the game which is what I meant by "Fromsoft has your back", they're bringing a few things to the table when the time comes(As in more than just a trailer). But beyond that just, sit tight and we'll see what happens. Before TGA 2017 posted that something was being shown, before E3 2018 and 2019 I posted that stuff was being shown, when the time comes I'll let you know, but only when I can say for sure.

Solnatt

Feb 16, 2020
Every time omni posts I have to jolt myself to sit up straight and take a deep breath as for preparations because you never know if the post carries all the information or only some of it.

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019
I mean, it really wasn't anything serious or worth mulling over. People seemed to be getting a bit worried that ER not being at the Xbox event meant that nothing was happening, or at least that was the impression I got. Things are happening, I just can't guarantee when right now so I'm not going to bother saying "yeah its march" or that it's April or whenever if I can't promise that. I know of a general time frame that does coincide with "soon" and generally what others have been saying overall, but in terms of hard dates, as far as I'm aware and in terms of what I have been able to get my hands on up until now, it looks like as of right now nothing is set in stone, or at the very least its information that very few people are privy to. Maybe that changes this week or next week, maybe its a bit longer. But that's all there really is to it currently as far as I'm aware.

I know they've got a number of things planned for the reveal of the game which is what I meant by "Fromsoft has your back", they're bringing a few things to the table when the time comes(As in more than just a trailer). But beyond that just, sit tight and we'll see what happens. Before TGA 2017 posted that something was being shown, before E3 2018 and 2019 I posted that stuff was being shown, when the time comes I'll let you know, but only when I can say for sure.
Just want to say that this one is your coolest profile pic so far, really digging it.

tsundere vibes

lol jk

Welcome back btw.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Just want to say that this one is your coolest profile pic so far, really digging it.

tsundere vibes

lol jk

Welcome back btw.
Credit to the artist, they've got a lot of really awesome work and thank you!

www.instagram.com

vinne (@vinne.art) • Instagram photos and videos

408K Followers, 310 Following, 63 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from vinne (@vinne.art)

Also let me be doubly clear and say by "more than I trailer" I mean that there will be a trailer, in addition to other stuff.

culchulach

Apr 2, 2020
Omnipotent!! Nice!! Welcome back!! I liked the lorehunter appearance.... I'm loving lorehunters stuff recently... I have them play while i do stuff... anyhoo... great to have you back!

Signum

Jun 11, 2020
Today has been a good day. Nice to know that things are preceding as they should and we'll be hearing something soon and hopefully not Soon™.

Signum

Jun 11, 2020
Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I wonder if the "more than a trailer" thing could be a network test. Considering that Elden Ring is supposed to have multiplayer similar to Dark Souls, I imagine it's a possibility.

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I wonder if the "more than a trailer" thing could be a network test. Considering that Elden Ring is supposed to have multiplayer similar to Dark Souls, I imagine it's a possibility.

Ooh that would be nice but I hope it isn't locked to a specific platform or something. There's also the possibility that they are planning some sort of virtual hands on event with the press

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
If they have something like that planned, I'm not currently aware of it. I wouldn't expect anything that big, at least not soon. I would just expect a decent chunk of things for fans to chew on to come with the trailer rather than From and Bamco leaving people high and dry until the next trailer.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Its a last gen game, it was built for last gen, porting it to next gen exclusively wouldn't really change much.
Honestly not sure how to feel about that. At least I can play it because I don't have a PS5 but at the same time I was hoping to see what they could do with next-gen hardware. I guess we'll wait for their next game to find out.

AGJTX

Jan 28, 2020
Honestly not sure how to feel about that. At least I can play it because I don't have a PS5 but at the same time I was hoping to see what they could do with next-gen hardware. I guess we'll wait for their next game to find out.

I wouldn't worry about too much; I am sure they will have some kind of patch that will at least optimize performance on PS5/XSX, but this game has been in development since like, 2017, so it will focus on PS4/XBONE

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Omnipotent!! Nice!! Welcome back!! I liked the lorehunter appearance.... I'm loving lorehunters stuff recently... I have them play while i do stuff... anyhoo... great to have you back!
Glad you enjoyed it! It was a bit of an off the cuff conversation but it was fun. Lore is a really great guy and I'm glad that more people have been introduced to his stuff. I particularly really enjoyed his video with JSF, loved JSF's Bloodborne videos back in the day but unfortunately those are no longer available. Very much looking forward to seeing what he does with Elden Ring's lore.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you enjoyed it! It was a bit of an off the cuff conversation but it was fun. Lore is a really great guy and I'm glad that more people have been introduced to his stuff. I particularly really enjoyed his video with JSF, loved JSF's Bloodborne videos back in the day but unfortunately those are no longer available. Very much looking forward to seeing what he does with Elden Ring's lore.

First, welcome back, what made you decided to jump back in? Got things sorted with life okay?

Btw do you mean these?

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Unlisted fsr.

EDIT: Youtube comment

For anyone who's still looking for the links of JSF's old videos, new BB up close and where he is now:
1. Where is JSF now: https://youtube.com/sinclairlore
2. New Bloodborne up Close episodes: https://www.youtube.com/c/SinclairLore/search?query=bloodborne up close
3. Old Bloodborne up Close Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHraNq--JL4&list=PLzGMMy3ptxzZ8L5SxNSVGSvs8e8IdHVH3
4. Bastard's Curse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZiAi9LDIs

I've never seen these. I should check it out.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
First, welcome back, what made you decided to jump back in? Got things sorted with life okay?
Getting there, just figured I should be around for one last ride. See the train into station

Btw do you mean these?

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Unlisted fsr.

EDIT: Youtube comment

I've never seen these. I should check it out.
YES! Looked for them the other day and couldn't find them, glad to know that they're still around though and that he's still doing stuff. The Bloodborne up close stuff is great and I'd highly recommend it!

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Getting there, just figured I should be around for one last ride. See the train into station

Hey it'll be fun. Just take care of yourself. I'm sure the mods will have your back if people decide to start being shitbags to you for no reason.

YES! Looked for them the other day and couldn't find them, glad to know that they're still around though and that he's still doing stuff. The Bloodborne up close stuff is great and I'd highly recommend it!

Man now I know what it's like to be on the other side of the "I cannot find it" and "I just googled it" situation.

Because I literally just googled "JSF Bloodborne" since JSF wasn't coming up with anything and I forgot who JSF was.

I am always the person who looks all over and cannot find something, and some guy will be like here I just googled it, and they had like, one keyword different lol.

Vivaladragon

May 5, 2020
Okay guys call me crazy but I think I have a timeline for ER news and release and I'm pretty confident in it:

Gameplay trailer: sometime between April 1952 (at the earliest) December 2021 (at the latest). I've seen people discussing the possibility of a trailer dropping before 1952, such as at the Yalta conference in 1945, but I don't buy it.

Release date: Probably before Miyazaki, like all mortal men, dies (roughly 30-40 years from now). It's possible that he's planning on passing the project down to his son, but I honestly don't think that is very likely for two reasons.

1. Statistically, most games don't take decades to create. For Elden Ring to break this trend would make it a huge outlier.
2. Passing on the role of Game Director through primogeniture inheritance remains a controversial issue in the games industry. In recent years, the system has been accused of being "old fashioned" and "undemocratic".

So yeah maybe my numbers are off in a couple places, but I think this is a pretty good estimation of when things are going to go down.

leon9506

Aug 31, 2018
Okay guys call me crazy but I think I have a timeline for ER news and release and I'm pretty confident in it:

Gameplay trailer: sometime between April 1952 (at the earliest) December 2021 (at the latest). I've seen people discussing the possibility of a trailer dropping before 1952, such as at the Yalta conference in 1945, but I don't buy it.

Release date: Probably before Miyazaki, like all mortal men, dies (roughly 30-40 years from now). It's possible that he's planning on passing the project down to his son, but I honestly don't think that is very likely for two reasons.

1. Statistically, most games don't take decades to create. For Elden Ring to break this trend would make it a huge outlier.
2. Passing on the role of Game Director through primogeniture inheritance remains a controversial issue in the games industry. In recent years, the system has been accused of being "old fashioned" and "undemocratic".

So yeah maybe my numbers are off in a couple places, but I think this is a pretty good estimation of when things are going to go down.
big if true

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Good to have you back, Omni! Hope you're doing okay.

Why would we call you crazy when this is the most sane and coherent timeline conjecture laid out so far?

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.

you're crazy

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
The optimism. Regular Solaires up in here. Good to see. I wish that I could be so incandescent.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
'More than a trailer' means that we'll get another video of GRRM reading the only page he wrote of his latest book.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
My guess is a Bandai event, and if they don't hold one, they will do something special for Elden Ring. By special I just mean dropping a trailer, announced by tweets etc, followed by articles. When they feel the right time has come.

Good to know that things are moving. Hope to play this game in 2021.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I hope to see a nice long gameplay trailer followed by a few interviews and articles. Maybe a release date or release window.

The wait sucks. 2 years of radio silence is something im not accustomed to when it comes to From games. Though with covid its understandable of course.

Wonder when it was slated for release before the pandemic hit.