• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ilyahero

Nov 25, 2019
Today Jeff Grubb said again that he's pretty confident ER not gonna be at Xbox showcase. So I guess SGF event is where we'll see it or maybe BN next

Oct 19, 2020
Sorry guys but players can only ride a horse or Yakul

Omni you may want to clarify whether this is flippant or not. The discerning hollow would assume Yakul is not a class of mounts considering it is the name of a fictional animal in a Ghibli movie. However a bunch of hollows on r/Eldenring have decided you are serious. Not that what goes on in the reddit is any of your concern.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
Today Jeff Grubb said again that he's pretty confident ER not gonna be at Xbox showcase. So I guess SGF event is where we'll see it or maybe BN next
Of course it's not at E3 , it's happening before judging by Omni 's wording. He also said the writings in the picture are very deliberate. So this time probably Grubb won't be wrong about ER :)

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Omni you may want to clarify whether this is flippant or not. The discerning hollow would assume Yakul is not a class of mounts considering it is the name of a fictional animal in a Ghibli movie. However a bunch of hollows on r/Eldenring have decided you are serious. Not that what goes on in the reddit is any of your concern.
I know I shitpost a lot but I've been teasing Yakul for like a year now, I just don't know what the proper name of the animal is.

Oct 19, 2020
I know I shitpost a lot but I've been teasing Yakul for like a year now, I just don't know what the proper name of the animal is.

Officially listed as a red elk: https://ghibli.fandom.com/wiki/Yakul

more closely resembles any Kobus: https://www.britannica.com/animal/Kobus, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobus_(antelope)

Edit: Kobus is a genus of 6 species of african antelope. Personally I think Yakul is a waterbuck https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterbuck

Last edited:

Solnatt

Feb 16, 2020
Would there not be an event or stream announced by now if its supposed to be before E3?
Today or tomorrow could still work for that whole announcement thing, since bandai could still host their own event if they wanted to. OR it could be a surprise at the summer game fest (technically before E3)

Primor

Mar 9, 2021
Well it does have Bandai listed as partner, but I don't get why Bandai would opt for this instead of the Microsoft panel at E3.

Elden ring being at Microsoft would be drown out by the other big titles like halo and starfield. Doing it on their own let's them do it as long and however they want without competing with 50 other games for news.

jeff did clarify today all he really knows is Microsoft asked for it but from turned them down, sounds like judging by what Omni has said that's because they're planning something else

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019

It looks like a gazelle to me.

Here we go:

Officially listed as a red elk: https://ghibli.fandom.com/wiki/Yakul

more closely resembles any Kobus: https://www.britannica.com/animal/Kobus, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobus_(antelope)

Edit: Kobus is a genus of 6 species of african antelope. Personally I think Yakul is a waterbuck https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterbuck

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
Elden ring being at Microsoft would be drown out by the other big titles like halo and starfield. Doing it on their own let's them do it as long and however they want without competing with 50 other games for news.

jeff did clarify today all he really knows is Microsoft asked for it but from turned them down, sounds like judging by what Omni has said that's because they're planning something else
Yeah fair enough, maybe that's the reason... Maybe Geoff really wants to get out from gamer prison and snatched Elden Ring from MS at all costs

Last edited:

muteant

Nov 1, 2017
people, recall the context that was our collective mood prior to omni's post; we were in despair, helplessly taking grubb's conjecture as a strong indicator we were not going to see ER in the short term. "objects closer than they appear" therefore could comfortably accommodate E3 or thereabouts.

Udreif

May 29, 2020
Will the mount really be such an important aspect? I mean, it's just the thing you use to get from point A to point B faster, right? I'm personally not that psyched to have a horse, I don't know if it will really have an impact or just kind of be there.

Oct 26, 2017
Considering there'll be mounted combat, I reckon the mount will be an important aspect. Wouldn't even be surprised if there's like a boss fight where your mount is required.

Rare123664

Apr 21, 2020
This is a pretty specific, but i hope there's a moment in the game where we have to travel far from where we started, some sort of story event happens, and then we need to make our way back to the landmark (city/ect.) that we initially came from. The entire open world could be filled with horrific demons, and each potential path would have its own unique challenges associated with it. It'd be up to us to choose the path that suited us.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Is there a difference between the two or do they ride the same?
Looks like I've caused a bit of confusion here with my poor wording and punctuation. There is only 1 type of mount, I just didn't really know what to call it, so the "horse" is "Yakul", or the Red Elk, Ibex, whatever you want to call it.

This is a pretty specific, but i hope there's a moment in the game where we have to travel far from where we started, some sort of story event happens, and then we need to make our way back to the landmark (city/ect.) that we initially came from. The entire open world could be filled with horrific demons, and each potential path would have its own unique challenges associated with it. It'd be up to us to choose the path that suited us.
Actual AAA videogame spoiler
This is the ending of Death Stranding lol

Last edited:

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I wonder if Miyazaki never tried to work on something with Miura...

Looks like I've caused a bit of confusion here with my poor wording and punctuation. There is only 1 type of mount, I just didn't really know what to call it, so the "horse" is "Yakul", or the Red Elk, Ibex, whatever you want to call it.

Actual AAA videogame spoiler
This is the ending of Death Stranding lol
Yakul, Red Elk, is a very good choice.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Will the mount really be such an important aspect? I mean, it's just the thing you use to get from point A to point B faster, right? I'm personally not that psyched to have a horse, I don't know if it will really have an impact or just kind of be there.
It is one of those things I'm interested in seeing From Software do even if it isn't anything "special". Similar to swimming in Sekiro being a delightful surprise, I'm wondering if they'll make what's essentially a vehicle satisfying to use.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
One thing I'm going to miss are those Sekiro finishers in boss fights, they felt really satisfying after a arduous fight.

Memed_7

May 23, 2021

Honestly I would love that. There's nothing better than going all the way to the edge of the map riding a mystical elk then having to go back to where you started from, with potentially more/harder enemies blocking your way and you'll have to make your way through them to reach the ending. No fast travel no warp and bullshit, just a pure ride back home with your homie yakul.

Oct 25, 2017

That's fine with me. Horses are pretty overdone, there's so few games with mounts like an elk or something.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the elk-like creature would differentiate it from other open world mounts, most of which have been horses. Anyone know of other games that allows you to ride an elk or a similar creature?

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
I care not about different mounts but I hope the mounted combat is something tight. Like maybe the some of the combat UX of Sekiro could return if the we can clash lances or cross swords with our mounted foes... I just hope the sparks and the sound of metal clashes return, it felt way better than hitting tomatoes in DS3.

One thing I'm going to miss are those Sekiro finishers in boss fights, they felt really satisfying after a arduous fight.

Sounds impossible to implement with dozens of different weapon movesets, magic, etc.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Can you please answer the question?
The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme-500x500.jpg