• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Miyazaki:
It wasn't necessarily that I wanted to … not moving away, but taking a break from the Souls series wasn't the only strongest motivation to work on this game. As a result of now coming to the stage of being able to show what we have so far, it has really helped us, helped me, freshen things up. It's not just about a different kind of game or a different format. We're learning things in VR, which is new technology. This game is actually also developed in Unreal. There's been a lot of learnings already.

Via Fextralife

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
To me,Sekiro is in part a Souls game. Just because it isn't a reskin or improvisation of the previous ones,doesn't mean the core essence isn't there. Brutal gameplay,challenging difficulty and dark fantasy world to explore? This is straight Souls recipe

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced this VR game is a doki doki literature club style red herring of sorts. I wish I had a VR set to test that hypothesis.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose I won't be in desperate need of more Souls games from them considering how many different takes are coming and are already out but I haven't played yet, but I'm eagerly anticipating their return to it. Though I'm very excited for Sekiro as well.

Unreal Engine!!! Does that mean 60fps on console versions!!!

Why would it? Is UE4 better than what they were using before?

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Soulsborne ruined other games for me, Miyazaki better take responsibility and churn out that Bloodborne 2 soon.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Well he did say he would give the reins to the souls games over to someone passionate in the company, more games were always in the cards just not him in particular but someone else in the company who has ideas later.
So Deracine is made in Unreal, they can have someone else help them out on perfomance stuff for once i guess wonder if the next armored core game is going to be in unreal too.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I want them to do different things. Dark Souls has a Trilogy of games, now, and Bloodborne and Demon's Souls exist. They should try something different. I'm interested in their take on a more traditional type of game (but not too traditional). I'll be picking this up, for sure!

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
As painfully bland as I found DkS3, I hate to admit that if they announced DkS4 tomorrow, I would swoon, real hard.

Sekiro and Ashen will bide me over, but yeah, I welcome this break, however long it lasts.

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I'm glad they're taking a break, they can come back with some time away and fresh ideas and a real desire to get back to that great dark post-apocalyptic fantasy. I wonder if the next game will be set in a new location, removed from all the Lordran lore?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand the love of sequels.

It's almost like there was a lot more they could do with the Bloodborne concept and plenty of ways they could improve the game given the time and budget to make a full second game instead of just one small DLC expansion.

I don't want a direct sequel to the Dark Souls trilogy because the "link the fire" conceit is completely played out, but I'd love a sequel to BB.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Souls on UE4...
b14.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
It's almost like there was a lot more they could do with the Bloodborne concept and plenty of ways they could improve the game given the time and budget to make a full second game instead of just one small DLC expansion.

I don't want a direct sequel to the Dark Souls trilogy because the "link the fire" conceit is completely played out, but I'd love a sequel to BB.
What you'd even do with BB tho

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Wont be getting Sekiro as no co-op, But i'll be getting the VR game as we need all we can get in VR. Also i'm sure it will be good aswell.