• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Nice catch
dave-seeley-mechwarriorfb2.jpg
Red Liquorice did it looked like this?

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Edit - and finally just to say sorry to anyone who PM'd me or asked me to PM them about showing them the images. I don't feel comfortable sending them to anyone but a mod and was at a bit of a loss as to what to say without seeming rude, so I.... ignored your messages which is even more rude?! lol, I don't know all I can say is sorry, I'm not good with netiquette, so tend to just avoid it if I can.

My post a few posts up.

I don't know who to message and feel better waiting for a mod to message me if they want to, rather than messaging a mod out of the blue.

I'm one of the folks who messaged you. If it helps, I think a lot of folks around here would trust that I saw them. But if you don't feel comfortable sending them, then don't worry about it! I'd like to publish a story on this, but am just looking for a little more than a description to support it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't really want a Souls-like Armored Core game. Everything From does is Souls-like these days, Armored Core doesn't need to be too. Just use AC IV as inspiration and expand from there.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Thank god. Been waiting for From to make a new one for years now. Hopefully true.

Salt41

Jan 8, 2022
I've always wanted to get into that franchise but dont know where to start. Any recommendations?

Ps1? Ps2? Ps3?
Any numbered entry is a good starting point, then the sequels from that to the next numbered entry should be similar.

Specifically, for PS2 start with AC3 (some of the PS2 ones are also on PSP which is better for emulation). For PS3, either do AC4 or AC5. AC4 is a lot faster paced where you're basically flying around everywhere, AC5 is more tactical and the mechs are slower/heavier and you jump around on buildings.

All 3 are good games, personally I like AC4 the most by far so I recommend that one, but whichever appeals to you the most is a good choice.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I stopped playing AC at 4. I don't want another 4 if they don't have to. Master of Arena, AC2, 3, nexus style is what I want from an Armored Core title.

CamberGreber

Banned
Dec 27, 2019
What "souls people"? lol what nonsense, maybe consider that it's not a matter these design philosophies being "Souls elements" but what the current Fromsoftware direction under Miyazaki is as a whole. Sekiro already is very much it's own thing, it was never actually promised to be a successor to Tenchu, much less highjacked out of being one.
You know Miyazaki was behind AC4A. People should let him make a proper followup without trying to get From to shoehorn in Soulsborne BS. Let AC be AC. People should stop demanding that From be a SoulsBorne assembly line for decades on end. Its just plain Selfish.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Boy I hope not... AC designs have always been great (can't speak for ACV as I played very little of it), with a tasteful balance between anime silhouettes and realistic details. We don't need them to turn into slow, clunky Mechwarriors.
I think is likely.
It's by the same artist that did sekiro pre production art

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I think is likely.
It's by the same artist that did sekiro pre production art

If Armored Core turns into a Souls like game with Mechwarrior type designs it'll be an extreme disappointment for me. I wish for a modern take on AC4A, and preferably something good unlike Daemon X Machina.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
If Armored Core turns into a Souls like game with Mechwarrior type designs it'll be an extreme disappointment for me. I wish for a modern take on AC4A, and preferably something good unlike Daemon X Machina.
Yep we love Armored Core because it's Armored Core lol.
Anyway if that art is posted publicly (with permission from From Soft hopefully lol) then I reckon it wasn't what they ultimately went for. Else it likely won't be shown until the game is announced or released.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Yep we love Armored Core because it's Armored Core lol.
Anyway if that art is posted publicly (with permission from From Soft hopefully lol) then I reckon it wasn't what they ultimately went for. Else it likely won't be shown until the game is announced or released.

Yeah I just noticed that this art is from 6 years ago, a lot could have changed since then, and the project might have been rebooted internally several times.

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely think From is gonna modernize AC, which might include Soulslike elements and perhaps even a different name. They're not going back to a niche now that they've become one of the biggest players in the industry.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
People expecting anything too removed from a Souls x AC should start to temper their excitement. With how they make their games I dont see them being able to just come up with a completely new approach to this new AC that does not have its roots in their Souls games already.

I just hope they manage to keep the sim elements and 1v1 combat intact.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
I hoping for a slower game like 3. Ofc some people will think the decrease in speed will be because of souls

Sep 29, 2020
People expecting anything too removed from a Souls x AC should start to temper their excitement. With how they make their games I dont see them being able to just come up with a completely new approach to this new AC that does not have its roots in their Souls games already.

I just hope they manage to keep the sim elements and 1v1 combat intact.

From made AC games long before they made Souls. And Kings Field before AC4. I don't think there will be a problem for them to do a game that is completely different from the Souls games.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Sekiro changed for the better imo so props to those artists at From. I'm sure this piece was also commissioned super early when they still were trying to figure out what the thing should look like

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Any numbered entry is a good starting point, then the sequels from that to the next numbered entry should be similar.

Specifically, for PS2 start with AC3 (some of the PS2 ones are also on PSP which is better for emulation). For PS3, either do AC4 or AC5. AC4 is a lot faster paced where you're basically flying around everywhere, AC5 is more tactical and the mechs are slower/heavier and you jump around on buildings.

All 3 are good games, personally I like AC4 the most by far so I recommend that one, but whichever appeals to you the most is a good choice.
Thanks
My ps2 is hooked up to my main tv so I'll check them there.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'd have to say no. Both videos only showed the back of the player character though, but that doesn't look like the kind of thing I saw except being a mech.
Also not sure if you ok with sharing the videos, but salromano is a journalist for Gematsu. He would never show anything that you would not want him to share. But we would get a article from him, and it might be able to get more info on it.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I am by no means a photoshop wiz, but I spent 15 minutes trying to obscure the watermark text without it being completely obnoxious, so here are the screengrabs:

screenshot2022-01-08a9skow.png

screenshot2022-01-08a7xkep.png

screenshot2022-01-08ataj7c.png

screenshot2022-01-08aqmkc7.png

That's all there was 4 pages of 4 images, the 2 videos I couldn't save, no idea how even. I have nothing else, so it's out of my hands now (phew!)

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
I am by no means a photoshop wiz, but I spent 15 minutes trying to obscure the watermark text without it being completely obnoxious, so here are the screengrabs:

That's all there was 4 pages of 4 images, the 2 videos I couldn't save, no idea how even. I have nothing else, so it's out of my hands now (phew!)
Thanks <3

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

That is awesome.
Let te me update the thread

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Thank you.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

from.jpg

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played Armored Core but this sounds sick as hell. Some Souls influence would be cool but I really hope it's fast paced and kinetic.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Brilliant

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Ugh. This thread is giving me the urge to crack out the PS3 and get on some AC. Had to look at old videos to remind myself that AC didn't actually look as good as it did in my head compared to those images.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Wonder who will publish this.

Looking at the wiki Bandai Namco were the last publishers, and since From likes to work with them (Dark Souls, Elden Ring) I say it's likely them.

Pixel_Stream

Oct 28, 2017
Do people remember the Kinect Steel batallion game they made back in the day? I thought it was that IP for a sec lol

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Damn! my mind is running wild.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia

Looks more like the classic Armored Core thank god lol.

Which is to say, looks great, and it's real lets fucking gooo!

Also I think you should just blur all those rows, Idk if it's still identifiable, I can kinda see some letters lol.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Definitely AC. which is great lol

cdudeachyut

Jun 4, 2021

Ayyy we finally have something to look at.