• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What Do You Think From Software's New Game Will Be When Finally Revealed?

• New Soulsborne Title

Votes: 503 30.3%
  • New Tenchu Game

Votes: 233 14.0%
  • New Shadow Tower

Votes: 71 4.3%
  • Brand New or Unexpected IP

Votes: 642 38.6%
  • Metal Wolf Chaos 2 Obama Boogaloo

Votes: 213 12.8%

• Total voters

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I for one am disappointed at the blatant mention that Bloodborne 2 is not in production, although Sony Japan might be doing it thenselves. As for Shadows, I still think it's Tenchu.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Not exclusive to any console (apparently)

msty.gif

So excited that it's not an exclusive. Screw exclusive Souls.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Nibel IS IT A MIYAZAKI GAME, THOUGH???

I'm pretty sure my tweet uses information by Omni from various threads, lmao.

I don't know anything about what happens behind curtains in the video game industry, especially when it comes to such a secretive Japanese developer as FROM. I hope for Miyazaki's involvement in any shape or form as well

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
I don't get why exclusivity was ever in such question. Every Dark Souls game significantly outsold Demons and BB. It doesn't make sense for them too do one unless Sony heavily incentivized them, which given the sales, I doubt they'd do. Obviously it was possible, but really unlikely.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not exclusive to anything i'd expect Microsoft to pay for the game's showing for their presentation like they did with the dark souls games.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
It's a switch exclusive action horror game co-developed with Platinum.

ok I'm hallucinating. Time for bed

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
As I already said, doesn't need to be Souls or BB, I'll give it a go because it's From Soft. Liked their stuff before Souls was even a thing, so I'm excited for whatever this is.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I for one am disappointed at the blatant mention that Bloodborne 2 is not in production, although Sony Japan might be doing it thenselves. As for Shadows, I still think it's Tenchu.

I sure wish BB weren't exclusive.

BB would have sold twice as much if it were multiplatform.

I say this as someone who has been with Playstation since PS2.

FROM deserves to have maximum exposure.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I sure wish BB weren't exclusive.

BB would have sold twice as much if it were multiplatform.

I say this as someone who has been with Playstation since PS2.

FROM deserves to have maximum exposure.

I am not this embittered about it since Sony bankrolled Bloodborne into existence for failing to provide for Demons souls. I am fine with Bayonetta getting more games by Nintendo's grace, even if it would be nice to get it on more stuff. Being exclusive won't mean a game's failure so long as it makes a good game people want to play, i don't see many people this mad about GOW being a Sony exclusive franchise so what does make BB any more special?

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, if it's not Bloodborne 2 or heavily Lovecraftian my interest is going way down. The cosmic horror element of BB was what made it special for me.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not this embittered about it since Sony bankrolled Bloodborne into existence for failing to provide for Demons souls. I am fine with Bayonetta getting more games by Nintendo's grace, even if it would be nice to get it on more stuff. Being exclusive won't mean a game's failure so long as it makes a good game people want to play, i don't see many people this mad about GOW being a Sony exclusive franchise so what does make BB any more special?
One is first party. The other is not.

Bloodborne is arguably in existence based on the success of Dark Souls across three platforms, which only came into existence because Sony failed to support Demons Souls properly.

Now multi platform players are locked out of a game which Sony bankrolled after others (Bamco) took the initial risk and made the market viable.

God of War is truly homegrown.

Bloodborne is not.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
No that wasn't me but I posted about BB before anyone else knew it existed and that it was Miya and exclusive. I heard from the same person that it was in pre production over a year ago

Ok ty. If we indeed get another game in that vein I'd be glad if it was Bloodborne 2.

Did they also mention From Software? Even though I'd personally hate it, nothing stops Sony from making it with another developer, it's their IP.

Like you I'd hate that too and sure hope that's not the case, don't ruin the IP.