• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Do You Think From Software's New Game Will Be When Finally Revealed?

• New Soulsborne Title

Votes: 503 30.3%
  • New Tenchu Game

Votes: 233 14.0%
  • New Shadow Tower

Votes: 71 4.3%
  • Brand New or Unexpected IP

Votes: 642 38.6%
  • Metal Wolf Chaos 2 Obama Boogaloo

Votes: 213 12.8%

• Total voters

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I don't need it to be a Soulsborne game for me to be interested, it's From. Been playing their games since King's Field on PS1.

Personally, I hope it's not BB2. The Lovecraft stuff didn't do it for me and I would have honestly enjoyed it more as the Van Helsing monster hunting game it was before the twist, as surprising as the twist was. Still a great game but my least favorite Soulsborne game.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda off topic but when was this part during the game?
That's from the Network Alpha Test. They put an Amygdala visible for everyone in Central Yharnam, and people still didn't even imagine what the game was about. The marketing for Bloodborne was so damn brilliant.

Like you I'd hate that too and sure hope that's not the case, don't ruin the IP.
And it wouldn't even be disrespectful to From, right? Miyazaki said he doesn't really feel like making more Souls, it's not like Sony is going behind their back.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
One is first party. The other is not.

Bloodborne is arguably in existence based on the success of Dark Souls across three platforms, which only came into existence because Sony failed to support Demons Souls properly.

Now multi platform players are locked out of a game which Sony bankrolled after others (Bamco) took the initial risk and made the market viable.

God of War is truly homegrown.

Bloodborne is not.

If Japan studios helped out with it's developement, and some will claim a huge part of it, From got paid in technology and money that they have used in DS3 too. They got paid and that's what counts. Bandai is the one most profiting from publishing Dark Souls games. I don't know how much From profits from their souls games being owned by either Sony and Bandai Namco but it didn't hamper their success so far. They could earn more money with franchises they own and self-publishing maybe.
I myself am locked out by the SMT games that come out on 3ds and then the switch, and those games had major main line games on PS2. I'll see about those games in the future but i don't feel like being entitled to something right now.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Like in which specific area of central yharnam?

Not on that spot specifically, IIRC. There's one in Cathedral Ward, but it has that thing protecting the eyes, you'll only find Amygdalae with the eyes out in Yahar'gul, if I'm not mistaken.
forgive me if I don't have acute knowledge of all the details but I know there's an Amygdala right outside of Oedon Chapel that will grab you and take you to the DLC, i know there are others though whether or not they have their eyes out I don't know. But there are a few in Yharnam and elsewhere, but you can't see them without a certain level of insight.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome art by LoneCorkonian!

shadows_die_twice__by_lonecorkonian-dbwitc0.jpg

1518632660156.gif

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it's not Tenchu. If it's not Bloodborne then I'd rather it be it's own thing/a take on Kuon/reboot of that universe.

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope it's Tenchu.

Acquire were developers of Tenchu 1 and 2 and Fromsoftware were developers of Tenchu Wrath of Heaven and Tenchu Fatal Shadows. All good games in my opinion. :)

Tenchu done properly ,hey I'm all for that. That would be fucking brilliant. It's not yet confirmed but those tweets about the game don't sound too farfetched. And I'm glad, means I'll be able to play it on my X.

Molemitts

Oct 25, 2017
I really want a new IP even if it takes inspiration from previous From Software non-Souls franchises. They've grown hugely over the last few years and I really want to see them display their talent on a brand new idea not restrained by the game design conventions of their previous ideas while still building on all the new and old concepts they've explored through the years.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Im not sure why everyone wants it to be another Soulsbourne game, we got 5 of them plus lots of DLC, can't we have something a little different?

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Same reason people buy early franchises, they're really good. And it has been long since last Souls so people are starving.

Laughs in Armored Core fan.

Shit, my favorite FROM franchise didn't even get on the fucking poll!

I'm sure they're going to announce whatever this is, but I really, really want an AC announcement this E3. It would be incredible and unexpected if FROM had different announcements in different conferences and I hope, beyond hoping, that somehow this'll be the year Armored Core comes back.

Failing that, I'd absolutely take a Metal Wolf re-release.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Laughs in Armored Core fan.

Shit, my favorite FROM franchise didn't even get on the fucking poll!

I'm sure they're going to announce whatever this is, but I really, really want an AC announcement this E3. It would be incredible and unexpected if FROM had different announcements in different conferences and I hope, beyond hoping, that somehow this'll be the year Armored Core comes back.

Failing that, I'd absolutely take a Metal Wolf re-release.
Well, we at least know that a new (possibly rebooted) Armored Core is in the works, so there's that. That's more than a Souls fan has to look forward to right now, anyways.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Well, we at least know that a new (possibly rebooted) Armored Core is in the works, so there's that. That's more than a Souls fan has to look forward to right now, anyways.

I wouldn't be too worried. I'll no doubt make a thread detailing this in depth at some point, but AC games and Souls games are kind of like siblings when it comes to core gameplay mechanics. There's a reason Armored Core games and Soulsborne games used to release in very rapid succession. AC4A, Demon's Souls, AC V, Dark Souls, ACVD, Dark Souls 2... just rapid fire. Maybe FROM can't go back to that in strict sense but don't expect that gameplay loop to die off.

It doesn't help that so far Soulsborne games have been around in a time in game dev that resisted asset reuse thanks to the transition from last gen to this gen. AC games could, and did, steal the shit out of each others' assets, since something like ten of them released on the PS2 back in the old days and four of them released on the PS3. Soulsborne games really try to avoid that. It really fucked with the well-oiled release machine FROM used to be, but in return you get more varied, higher-quality games. If, on the other hand, you prefer the tightness of FROM's encounter design to their setpieces and lore... it can be rough, the way they've decided to do things these days.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
I'm so happy this seems to not be another Souls style game. Everything after Dark Souls 1 was a massive dissapointment to me, including Bloodborne. I hope whatever SDT is has fresh ideas or does something involving the kind of world design Dark Souls 1 had.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm happy we'll finally see what Shadows Die Twice is in a month.

But I really hope they at least announce the next Armored Core game they've said multiple times that they are working on.

I need my mecha back FROM.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
I trust Miyazaki, even if it isn't a 'Soulslike'

The guy has repeatedly blown me away from Bloodborne and Dark Souls. And from what I've heard (from someone on the previous forum), he is directing.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm so happy this seems to not be another Souls style game. Everything after Dark Souls 1 was a massive dissapointment to me
I wouldn't really say "massive disappointments" for me, but I'm still a bit baffled that same of their design improvements (in term of level design, game mechanics, etc) introduced in Dark Souls were reverted in the subsequent games.
Also, I'm still rather bitter about how convoluted and nonsensical the Dark Souls lore became from the second going on. There was a wonderful economy in the lore background of the first, but the more they tried to expand it (while relentlessly introducing "nostalgic nods" to the first) the more they turned it into a grotesque self parody.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I'm so happy this seems to not be another Souls style game. Everything after Dark Souls 1 was a massive dissapointment to me, including Bloodborne. I hope whatever SDT is has fresh ideas or does something involving the kind of world design Dark Souls 1 had.
I dunno dude, I couldn't finish any of the Souls game and am well on to finishing Bloodborne. Think they got a lot right with it.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
I dunno dude, I couldn't finish any of the Souls game and am well on to finishing Bloodborne. Think they got a lot right with it.
My main dissapointments with them are exactly the same as the other guy who replied to me. Warping from the beginning just ruined any kind of flow the games had. That along with other stuff like most enemies flailing around like crazy and having borderline unlimited stamina with basically instant stunlock moves made me dislike all of the post DaS games. I understand why some people prefer them though.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised anyone was even considering it being BB2.

I'm in for whatever FROM makes, they've earned my faith.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Rumor sounds fake just from the mere fact that BB2 isnt in the works.

Anyone who thinks there won't be a BB2 after we got 4 souls games is dreaming. We'll get at least 2-3 Borne games. From likes sequels and Sony clearly sees it as a valuable franchise.

That said, I'd be fine with this being something else too, and BB2 being PS5.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure the point of both extremely vague rumours or evidenceless, unnamed source rumours paired with "take this with a grain of salt." It all just seems like discussion fodder rather than any sort of viable information, since you can say basically anything you want lol.

Might as well just preface them with "what if ______" and not bother treating them as rumours.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure the point of both extremely vague rumours or evidenceless, unnamed source rumours paired with "take this with a grain of salt." It all just seems like discussion fodder rather than any sort of viable information, since you can say basically anything you want lol.

Might as well just preface them with "what if ______" and not bother treating them as rumours.

Yep, ill wait till E3 for an official announcement.