From Tech Team with Love: What's Going On Behind the Scenes Vol. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratrosaw

Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Hi!

It's #tech again. We just applied another temporary fix to the system; iOS users, Safari users on macOS and Edge users on Windows 10 can also view HTTPS imgur images without a problem now.

Please be aware that due to technical complications (iOS, Safari on macOS and Edge do not support the latest standard) this is only a temporary fix, and it only works on posts. We will update the system again once iOS and Safari/macOS add support for the latest standard.

Let us know if the fix fails to work on your system.

Sincerely,
#tech

P.S. Internet Explorer (all series, including 11) and Opera Mini do not support the policy we implemented at all. As a result, there might be very little we could do for users with these browsers. Many apologies.

Oct 25, 2017
Why aren't Giphy images showing when viewed with Opera 12.15?
No one loved Opera 12.x more than I did, but.. it's time to bury it. Presto was the best. The built in mail and IRC elements were amazing. But it's just too out-of-date in key areas, especially media representation. I use Vivaldi now - yes, it has a ways to go, but the foundations are good. Firefox Quantum just came out as well and it's very solid, even though it's missing some features I find critical.

Oct 25, 2017
Louisville, KY
No one loved Opera 12.x more than I did, but.. it's time to bury it. Presto was the best. The built in mail and IRC elements were amazing. But it's just too out-of-date in key areas, especially media representation. I use Vivaldi now - yes, it has a ways to go, but the foundations are good. Firefox Quantum just came out as well and it's very solid, even though it's missing some features I find critical.
People are still working on it though.

Oct 25, 2017
As much as it pains me to admit it, you're right. Opera 12 has been dead for a long time, and more and more sites are going to have problems with it. I moved to Chrome 2 years ago, and I still miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.