From Us To You: An Update On Our Team And The Future

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for the open lines of communication and all the hard work you guys and gals are putting into the site. Very much appreciated.

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
i dont know about anyone else, but i'd have 0 issue with putting ads up. gotta fund the site, somehow
as long as someone keeps up with them to make sure bad ads don't go unchecked, might as well have them there pulling in money to pay for server costs

Oct 27, 2017
i dont know about anyone else, but i'd have 0 issue with putting ads up. gotta fund the site, somehow
as long as someone keeps up with them to make sure bad ads don't go unchecked, might as well have them there pulling in money to pay for server costs
Same, things aren't free. If thats the route they have to go then thats what has to happen. Needs must as the devil drives.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry OP, but I'm going to have to jump onto the dog-pile being thrown on you. Awesome, awesome work :) This level of transparency and communication is incredible, and very much appreciated. All the work you peeps have been doing is incredibly appreciated.

However, I won't be truly happy until I have that sweet, sweet dark theme injected directly into my eyeballs :D

Oct 27, 2017
KC
I'm loving the site so far. Keep up the good work. I was genuinely wondering where i would find another community to engage on the geekiest of topics after The Happening. Glad to be here and watch this place grow into something awesome. Now, bring on the dark theme!

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Cerium! I appreciate you running the new site and all, great work all around! I do have to admit that I miss your OTs though, any chance you'll get back in the game down the road when things settle?

Oct 27, 2017
Phenomenal job with the new forum; it's snappy, responsive, and the openness from the team is much appreciated. Looking forward to everything this place has to offer!

Oct 25, 2017
Really heartening to read all of this, and I particularly appreciate the open communication between mods and users. I also love the newsletter idea. Great stuff!

Oct 27, 2017
Man the transparency in all of this is really something to admire. You guys have done such an awesome job with the site. I was wondering when ads or something were going to show up because your team definitely deserves to be compensated for all this incredible work you've done. Looking forward to everything that's coming ahead, keep up the good work!

Oct 27, 2017
The site is awesome and the community is top notch. I would be fine with small ads being added to generate cash for the hosting, that stuff aint free... and it's only going to get busier!

moose84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brilliant work by everyone involved, congrats on making the new forum a huge success.

Edit: sorry, not the place for suggestions

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
I totally agree with you. Ads are probably the safest way to generate money to pay for the site.

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for the transperancy and the updates. Congrats on everything you did so far and congrats to the people that got the promotions.

I know you guys are just getting started and probably have many other things to do 1st, but was the idea of an official ResetEra Podcast brought up internally?

Not even sure if others would be interested in this and I'm not expecting anything like a weekly, bi-weekly podcast, because the potential hosts/guests are probably busy outside of this forum, aswell. Just curious if something like this is being considered.
The idea of a podcast has not been brought up internally.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for the updates.

Just really want to say again thanks for all your efforts and work, I love that there's a great place that we all have to discuss things we love with a great team behind it.

Z.C

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Really looking forward to the next update, this site is a real joy to be a part of. Thanks to the team for all the work and effort to make this site possible. You guys ROCK!! Keep up the good work : )

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I love seeing warnings and ban messages on posts. I think everyone being able to see what posts are borderline and what posts catch a ban will do wonders for the discourse here.
Came to post exactly this. Along with the rest of this update, you all are doing great work.

Oct 27, 2017
Firstly, thank you and the team for the heard work. The forum is great so far.

Also, use ads on the forum, I don't mind them if it helps pay for server costs etc :)

Oct 26, 2017
I see based verified insider aquamarine finally got the tag she deserves, but that vindicative and petty neogaf mods just wouldn’t allow her :D

Oct 25, 2017
:-D

All kidding aside, Resetera's dedication to transparency is why it will outlive NeoGAF. Unfortunately, GAF was a breeding ground for resentment because posters, topics, and even entire communities would disappear overnight without explanation or recourse. There have been many permabans---even for people who are currently mods here at Resetera----that were made for reasons that could ultimately be best described as "vindictive and petty."

The more that Resetera can explain and visibly demonstrate thoughtful moderation, the more that users will come to respect the decisions of moderation and work with them instead of living in perpetual fear of catching a mod on a bad day.
*opens mouth*

*thinks*

*closes mouth*

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Great work so far. Stay hungry, stay humble.

I love the “this post has been warned because ____” label on bad posts. Adds visibility and makes an example of what not to do.