From Us To You: An Update On Our Team And The Future

Oct 27, 2017
Amazed at the transparency~
Excellent updates and good work to everyone involved, this place is quickly becoming one of my favorite forum in recent years.

Stop guys, I can't fall any further in love with this site and the leadership team. I hope to hear of a way to help with the funding down the road and hopefully it's a full anonymous option. Keep up the great work guys, this transition has better than I could have ever hope for.

Really feels like a community lead site, LOVE IT!

PS: what are the requirements to be able to post threads? I've been looking with no luck.
I believe it's a minimum of 100 posts and 60 days from the date of becoming a junior member.

From the FAQ:
In order to move from being a Junior Member to a full Member, two conditions must be met: (1) 60 days must have passed since your account was approved and (2) you must have made at least 100 posts. Once these two conditions are met, your account will automatically be upgraded to Member status.

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are amazing. I'm loving this place and actually feel the desire to donate. That's weird. I see The Guarding having trouble or the Washington Post could lose a ton of money and I would just shrug. Those thing are vital to our society.

But having this great place, let us know. Just feels different and better.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I’ve seen a lot of forums (big ones), and even have experience creating them. And this is by far the cleanest and most organized I’ve ever seen a forum structure. All the more insane that you guys had to create this in a limited time, and under stressful conditions.

The transparency is amazing. Just know that, most of the community understands the hardships of running a forum. You can’t please everyone, and at certain points you have to make decisions, even if sometimes they aren’t popular. But your guys transparency and your core for what you anchoring the forum with, is so impressive (and pro community). So we will always know your heart is in the right place.

Oct 30, 2017
this forum is doing amazing. Take your time.

If anything I would add a refresh button at the end of a page to refresh the page. and an arrow to return to the previous page (left a thread and go to general)

Anyway amazing job. Our home has became the warm place to stay.

Oct 27, 2017
Slovenia
You guys have seriously done a tremendous jobs here. Not only was ResetEra launched in a matter of days, this place is way sleeker (and the people are actually nicer it seems) than the old place.

Oct 25, 2017
That transparency. Whew.

That was my ultimate problem with the other place. It just felt like you would get banned (or even perma'd) if you had the slightest issue with mods/owners. There need to be discourse between the members and the mods/admin, and I feel the direction here is the right way to go.

And that black theme though. Fiya.

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just wanted to say that I really appreciate the clear communication and transparency.

This is easily the best forum I've ever been a part of.

Oct 29, 2017
So far I love the transparency. The way you can see post that caused a user to be warned or banned is great. Makes it so it's clear what happened no and speculation, and it sets an example of the kind of post people should avoid. From those post that I've seen like that, I've been in agreement. I can't ask for more in terms of moderation.

Looking forward to the Dark Theme (best theme). ResetERA is off to a great start. I wish it was around when I had a lot more free time to really appreciate such a forum.

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Thanks for the update. Kudos to the whole stuff! You guys are doing an outstanding job!
Can't wait for v1.2 with the dark theme even though I like the current one as well. The Community Newsletter is a great idea, will subscribe for sure. However you decide to fund this great platform rest assured that I will support ResetEra <3

Oct 26, 2017
It's mind-blowing how well this place is run so far. Beyond my wildest dreams, honestly. Keep it up, ya'll.

I can't go into the exact details of how much it costs, but suffice to say it's not cheap.

Questions on the server load I can't answer specifically as I'm not involved with that specific area, but rest assure we have a great tech team that is already looking into those questions and planning for long-term future. I <3 our tech team. They're awesome.
While I appreciate the current stance with regards to ads and just letting the community enjoy the site, it seems unfair that whoever is paying for hosting has to shoulder this. Crazy generosity on their part.

Oct 25, 2017
Era bringing what the other place lacked.

Thanks for being transparent with us all. I really appreciate the inclusion process. Thank you.

Oct 25, 2017
Appreciate the openness. When you say self funded. Could you explain that a little more?
Would’ve thought that was fairly obvious. It means someone (or multiple someones) has dipped into personal finances to bankroll the site so far.

Massive respect

Oct 26, 2017
You guys are doing everything right! Love the communication and transparency. Also love this community. I'm so proud of what both the staff and the community has accomplished (in such a short amount of time, no less). Keep up the good work! <3

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
This is a really great forum and I feel absolutey spoiled by all the available posting options. I love all the font options and the image and video uploadeders. They all work great!

A few suggestions to make the experience even greater:

- multi photo upload
- more than 2 videos uploaded at a time
- it is already very mobile friendly but when posting pics the pop ups jump around a bit
- emoticons
- the site appears a bit narrow, or maybe I'm crazy?

I'm sure you folks are already hard at work on these and other changes and I'm already more than pleased with the experience and environment here. Even if you changed nothing I'd still be more than pleased. Thanks so much for this great forum, and I'll be sure to throw some money at you whenever the option presents itself!

Thanks everyone!