From Us To You: An Update On Our Team And The Future

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I love the openness here. There was some legit criticism on... well the last forum I was a member of .. and openness and a genuine will to listen helps a long way towards not ending up like that .

Oct 26, 2017
How about making all donations anonymous? That would prevent conflicts of interest and stop people being able to brag about how much they contribute.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
mp1st.com
Dark theme!! Yay! Looking forward to that the most. Given the traffic (and impressions) the forum has been getting, I'd say get an ad publisher signed up. They will act as your ad vendor and you won't need to do anything. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this open dialogue all the staff continues to have with the community and the fact that you all are so dedicated to working right alongside everyone to make this the best community it can be. Thanks so much for all that everyone has done, and each update that you provide us just brings more and more good news. Look forward to the journey with you all!

Socrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With regards to funding, I offer $10millions to buy the site.

(I am having a short term issue releasing funds though. I just need an avenue to transfer the funds please give me your bank account details and a small advance payment to cover fees........)

Socrates 419

Oct 27, 2017
View posts that quoted you function?
I thought we could already? The “notification” tells us when we’ve been quoted and it takes to you the direct quote when clicked upon.

Also, regarding the OP, the best thing you guys can continue to do is constantly keep us in the loop and allow feedback.

Thanks all!

kbear

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This feels like the appropriate thread to say this — the forum software is awesome and the amount of work you’ve all put in in such a short time to get this ship up and running is nothing short of remarkable.

Edit: Not just “up and running”, more like a fully-featured well-oiled machine

OS_

Oct 27, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Would ResetEra be willing to release some statistics of their user demographics?

Curious to know the distribution of age, gender, and location (country/city) on this forum.

ASL?

Oct 28, 2017
If you have any questions, feel free to quote this post or @ me. I will do my best to answer them.
I guess it's been addressed somewhere else but I can't find it on the FAQ.

Who owns the site? Is it a for profit company?

If so, wouldn't it be nice to have a way for the community to invest on their own site? Like in a capital increase. Think about it.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Thank you so much for creating this amazing space, I have long been wanting to get to be an (active) member of a community like this, I hope the building blocks that have been laid here are able to support this incredible group of rapidly expanding members whether they be industry professionals, fans/enthusiasts like myself and everyone else from all different walks of life that share a heartfelt and sincere interest in being a part of something special, to the future, may it burn brightly here!!

edit: I just got to read the ban policy and not to spam the thread to much, but ditto what others have already said, thank you, thank you, thank you, for being transparent about this subject (and in general really).

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome work, thanks for the transparency. The way you handle ResetEra is very professional, props for that. I'm really looking forward to the hopefully bright future of the forum.