From Us To You: An Update On Our Team And The Future

Oct 25, 2017
You guys and gals are awesome, and I'm loving how this community is shaping up!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop: it's very refreshing!

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how they divided up ownership of the website. This is a valuable property now worth money. Everything is fun and easy until real money gets involved :)

Oct 27, 2017
So hype for dark theme! To be honest, I know it's kind of petty, but it's the only thing I miss about the old forum.

Oct 27, 2017
Cool beans. Glad to hear about a ban appeals system in the works. Probably would have helped mitigate some moderation issues at that other place.

Oct 28, 2017
Forum moves at light speed and that at EU main time. Seems like it's going very strong and will probably become one of the most popular gaming forums on the web before the end of the year.

Very impressive and big props to everyone who made this possible.

Arx

Oct 25, 2017
You are doing amazing work. The energy you are putting into this paired with the transparency makes the place feel like home on the internet!

Since i can't find a better place for this right now: Putting a fat red warning or reason for a ban on top of the post in question is fantastic. Really draws attention to what is appropriate and what's not.
Make sure that the warning/ban messages also contrast a lot with the forum color scheme when someone is using the dark theme.

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Reading this is like venturing into the Twilight Zone. You guys are running this place the right way, opposite to many forums I've frequented in the past. Kudos to your staff and various teams. You all are doing an awesome job and in such a short amount of time.

Oct 25, 2017
I know you brought up the conflict of donations and modding but I really think you should set up a Patreon for the site - would throw some $ your way for this great community.

Thanks for all the hard work to everyone involved.

Oct 25, 2017
Love what I am reading. I really like the forum features and the moderation seems to know what is going on and have a good vision. Hopefully a funding method can be figured out quickly. Would anonymous donations not work?

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry but you should be taking donations, cap it to avoid the pursuit of special interests.

That said thank you for all of the hard work and seizing the opportunity. Community first! I like.

Oct 27, 2017
So hype for dark theme! To be honest, I know it's kind of petty, but it's the only thing I miss about the old forum.
Yeah same here man. As soon as the dark theme hits that's it, this place will become my permanent new home and I'm not looking back.

It does need to be said, the speed that this forum is evolving and improving is just miraculous. Love that the team is so dedicated. Amazing to see.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I know it's early but the transparency thus far is nothing short of remarkable. Hope this continues through for a loooong time. Kudos to everyone involved!

Oct 27, 2017
For monetization, go for ads. Like it was in NeoGAF was more than ok IMO.
Ads are the devil. They can be loud/obnoxious, click bait, a security hazard and may even demand that certain topics can't be discussed anymore. That other place had to "ban" weed talk for a while because the Ad provider (Google adsense I guess) demanded this etc.

I much rather have it wikipedia style. Every year there is a call for donation to keep the side running for another year.

Oct 27, 2017
Gera, Germany
Been looking after a poorly Mrs Lamptramp this week so not had time to keep up, but the level of work everyone has put in is remarkable. Great idea for mod captain/community manager and the newsletter too.

Thanks for the update!

Oct 25, 2017
UK
psnprofiles.com
If you have any questions, feel free to quote this post or @ me. I will do my best to answer them.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I notice the member count has been at 26k for while now

Have member applications died down after the migration or are the admin team holding fire until a further time before approving new members?

Oct 28, 2017
Dark Theme:

Our frontend team has recruited additional help and is now hard at work on future updates. We can now confirm that ResetEra v1.2 will contain the much anticipated dark theme. However, given the importance of this feature, we want to take our time and make sure that we do it right. Our current estimated timeframe for delivery is 1 to 2 weeks.

Update: 100 posts per page has now been implemented and is available under your account preferences!
This is fantastic news.

Thank you.

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I notice the member count has been at 26k for while now

Have member applications died down after the migration or are the admin team holding fire until a further time before approving new members?
We're at 29,838 members ATM, check the newest members URL on the index page. It only updates every now and then.