From Us To You: An Update On Our Team And The Future

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I notice the member count has been at 26k for while now

Have member applications died down after the migration or are the admin team holding fire until a further time before approving new members?
Hi, the team took a break from approvals over the weekend while we dealt with other matters but we're ready to resume tomorrow. There are nearly 2000 new applications in the queue but we'll try to process them all as quickly as possible.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to get an Original Poster tag or privileges if the user has been active on GAF for years?

Seemed like bad timing for those who missed the Discord wave.

Kvik

Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Is it possible to get an Original Poster tag or privileges if the user has been active on GAF for years?

Seemed like bad timing for those who missed the Discord wave.
I don't know if you're aware of this, but the Original Poster tag is only a temporary tag, applicable only to the OP of a thread, in their thread only, and awarded automatically upon posting. Once you have posting privileges, you will only need to create a thread to gain this tag.

Oct 25, 2017
Providence / Boston
I don't know if you're aware of this, but the Original Poster tag is only a temporary tag, applicable only to the OP of a thread, in their thread only, and awarded automatically upon posting. Once you have posting privileges, you will only need to create a thread to gain this tag.
Yeah, I got confused by that originally too. I thought it was a special label or something. Haha.

Oct 26, 2017
I had no idea the official dark theme was live! Was there an announcement thread? I don't see anything sticky-ed. It looks good.

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Not sure where to request this (why don't we have a general feedback/known issues thread?) but is there a list of known issues? The broken image (https, some uploaders) issue is annoying. On threads with pictures, some posters images do not show up but broken image links (accessing the URL directly in a new tab works).

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017

AJx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will echo the appreciation for transparency as well as the monetization policy for the first couple of months.
The moderation and administration staff here closed my monetization thread. I think that was a move that signaled a concerning lack of transparency. Particularly for something like money, which is always a very important and potentially troubling subject. The thread closure reason is something that could be applied to every lengthy thread. Why bury the discussion at all? It was civil and engaging.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...-the-community-and-gaming-charity-causes.826/

Oct 25, 2017
Just read your position on Colin Moriarty.

Thank you.
i would personally like to know how exactly the forum guidelines are supposed to help someone understand why there is a blanket ban on someone like moriarty? is there a list of people who cannot be discussed?

i don't care about moriarty in particular, but to me it seems silly to just ban all discussion on someone like that because "we don't want to give them a platform". to use an extreme example, should we be giving gal gadot a platform when she has been victim blaming civilian casualties in a war of aggression? whole thing just feels muddled as hell.

Oct 25, 2017
What qualifies as a "community rep" can just any random person with a semi popular Youtube account focused on games claim they represent the community?