• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
A Warhammer Age of Sigmar RTS is coming from Elite Dangerous developer Frontier (PC Gamer)
Quietly buried in an investor relations note, Frontier Developments has announced that it has acquired the license to develop a real-time strategy game based on the Warhammer Age of Sigmar setting from Games Workshop. Age of Sigmar is the current fantasy tabletop miniatures game from Games Workshop, having supplanted Warhammer Fantasy Battles in 2015, with a second edition in 2018, and is one of the most popular miniatures games in the world. Frontier has exclusive rights to develop and publish an RTS for both PC and consoles based on Age of Sigmar, and plans to release a game in fiscal year 2023, that is, the business year ending May 31, 2023. So, that's a ways away then.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
How about we make Warcraft 3 but not ripping off our base and with the original material ?

Day one.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
If this had been announced before Total War Warhammer I would probably be upset. Now I feel perfectly served so I'm curious.

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
I am eager to see how this turns out but a planned release in fiscal year 2023 is a pretty. :(

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
Intruiged what will come of this. Best of luck to Frontier to hopefully create something awesome around the IP.

That announcement really only seems to have been made to give investors some kind of outlook however. Otherwise it seems unusual to announce a game without any material to show - not even a hype teaser - that's three years away from release.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a new team at Frontier or the Elite team?
The planet coaster/Planet zoo team are already busy with planet zoo and the future of that franchise I suppose.