• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 6 days, 19 hours, 37 minutes, 8 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Frostpunk |OT| ...so you still coming to work today, right?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah sorry thats waaaay too liberal a use of the roguelike word. I just meant that you will likely die and have to learn from it for sure. Initially I was expecting to build a little happy town, maybe discover more of the map and open some trade routes with other surviving cities and have a thriving ecosystem in a month or so of gaming. Instead a few days in my town banished me to die and I had to start over lol.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
So I finished the A New Home scenario. I don't know if I would say I beat it, more like limped across the finish line. I underestimated some resources for that final stretch and I badly wished I had done my outposts different.

Are the other scenarios good? Is there any I should skip?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Phewwww finished!
finished with 211 citizens. By the end people were dying so fadt I couldn't keep up, my medical facilities all stopped working, we ran out of food, I was totally wrecked that was damn hard!

Yeah that was crazy, on my last day people legit stopped working completely. It was like (people have decided to stay at home for the last day with family) That was kinda realistic, lol. Plus I LOVED the music during the big freeze. It kept things tense.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
Phewwww finished!
finished with 211 citizens. By the end people were dying so fadt I couldn't keep up, my medical facilities all stopped working, we ran out of food, I was totally wrecked that was damn hard!
Yeah that was crazy, on my last day people legit stopped working completely. It was like (people have decided to stay at home for the last day with family) That was kinda realistic, lol. Plus I LOVED the music during the big freeze. It kept things tense.
Yup! Matched my experience as well. I really wish I had prioritized food and coal for that last bit. I thought I had but noooo, I underestimated it, lol.

And yeah, the music is so good. Such an incredible experience.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yup! Matched my experience as well. I really wish I had prioritized food and coal for that last bit. I thought I had but noooo, I underestimated it, lol.

And yeah, the music is so good. Such an incredible experience.
Fantastic game, I am going to do the scenarios now, just started the ark which seems interesting. I'll do the main story again I'm sure, you learn so much whole playing I would definitely do things differently