• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah sorry thats waaaay too liberal a use of the roguelike word. I just meant that you will likely die and have to learn from it for sure. Initially I was expecting to build a little happy town, maybe discover more of the map and open some trade routes with other surviving cities and have a thriving ecosystem in a month or so of gaming. Instead a few days in my town banished me to die and I had to start over lol.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
So I finished the A New Home scenario. I don't know if I would say I beat it, more like limped across the finish line. I underestimated some resources for that final stretch and I badly wished I had done my outposts different.

Are the other scenarios good? Is there any I should skip?

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Ahaha, yeah. It gets so intense. Let me know how it goes!
Phewwww finished!
finished with 211 citizens. By the end people were dying so fadt I couldn't keep up, my medical facilities all stopped working, we ran out of food, I was totally wrecked that was damn hard!

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Phewwww finished!
finished with 211 citizens. By the end people were dying so fadt I couldn't keep up, my medical facilities all stopped working, we ran out of food, I was totally wrecked that was damn hard!

Yeah that was crazy, on my last day people legit stopped working completely. It was like (people have decided to stay at home for the last day with family) That was kinda realistic, lol. Plus I LOVED the music during the big freeze. It kept things tense.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
Phewwww finished!
Yeah that was crazy, on my last day people legit stopped working completely. It was like (people have decided to stay at home for the last day with family) That was kinda realistic, lol. Plus I LOVED the music during the big freeze. It kept things tense.

Yup! Matched my experience as well. I really wish I had prioritized food and coal for that last bit. I thought I had but noooo, I underestimated it, lol.

And yeah, the music is so good. Such an incredible experience.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yup! Matched my experience as well. I really wish I had prioritized food and coal for that last bit. I thought I had but noooo, I underestimated it, lol.

And yeah, the music is so good. Such an incredible experience.
Fantastic game, I am going to do the scenarios now, just started the ark which seems interesting. I'll do the main story again I'm sure, you learn so much whole playing I would definitely do things differently

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Frostpunk: The Last Autumn | Expansion is out now!

f768f4e0317f86e3d0f5072f21ec093a978077b7.jpg

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1146960/Frostpunk_The_Last_Autumn/

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just finished the arks, I screwed it up first time around and second time I knew what I had to do, but made the "bad" decision on Manchester, sorry guys

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Last Autumn is incredible, highly recommended. On paper it seems like minor additions but it feels so much more and different. Amazing scenario and very tough but fun.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot more twists and turn that can happen. Like work safety is a thing now and building the generator comes in multiple phases and shit happens during construction.

You have to make secondary resources to build the generator as well. To make all of this work you have to balance your work force. You can order people from main land or send back people to have less people to feed. There are milestones to hit with the construction that you can fail and lose. Then there is this whole labor rule book, unions and etc opens up later that makes things even more complicated and engineers and workers are at each others throat. There is a lot more depth to this scenario than anything before. A lot more bureaucratic instead of just surviving cold.

Then freezing starts on top and it get really exciting. I think it is a lot more interesting than anything before. It was too basic before and I feel this is the where the game really reaching its potential. It feels very fresh imo. Even on normal settings, it is tough. I failed three times so far lol. The good part is that you can tell how you fucked it up and want to go again.

Last edited:

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
The builder settings in the endless mode is brutal. Having to rebuild the generator while it's freezing is something else.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
There are a lot more twists and turn that can happen. Like work safety is a thing now and building the generator comes in multiple phases and shit happens during construction.

You have to make secondary resources to build the generator as well. To make all of this work you have to balance your work force. You can order people from main land or send back people to have less people to feed. There are milestones to hit with the construction that you can fail and lose. Then there is this whole labor rule book, unions and etc opens up later that makes things even more complicated and engineers and workers are at each others throat. There is a lot more depth to this scenario than anything before. A lot more bureaucratic instead of just surviving cold.

Then freezing starts on top and it get really exciting. I think it is a lot more interesting than anything before. It was too basic before and I feel this is the where the game really reaching its potential. It feels very fresh imo. Even on normal settings, it is tough. I failed three times so far lol. The good part is that you can tell how you fucked it up and want to go again.
Sounds great, fingers crossed for a console version

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished autumn after doing the refugees scenario. I still have a few more to do. I havent done Winterhome or Arks. This one was GREAT. I loved the new visuals and the building in the autumn instead of snow, but it was hard, lol

This one felt harder than the others. So much stuff to juggle.
The unions and the strikes were absolutely killing me.

Freaking venereal disease outbreak from the public house (until now I hadnt tried building one not built one) is what broke me.
I was at my wits end and nearly walked away from the PC like "Are you fucking kidding me!"

Freaking crazy game.

Last edited:

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Winter home is really hard! Not only do you have to basically demolish and restart a city with zero hope and high discontent but then
you have a very limited time to research and staff the generator tech, and its instant fail if you don't
The second part comes like a number of hours in and totally took me off guard when I thought I was doing really well

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow this game is so fun and a timesink, took me back to those endless strategy game nights.

The scenario are actually the real game. Entire New Home was the tutorial lol. I think I am going to fail The Ark easily.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wow this game is so fun and a timesink, took me back to those endless strategy game nights.

The scenario are actually the real game. Entire New Home was the tutorial lol. I think I am going to fail The Ark easily.
It's so good. Winter home is really very difficult. Took me 5 goes and Its fair to say many perished under my leadership!
I'm redoing a new home on hard mode, absolutely can't wait for the autumn update on consoles

jkanownik

Oct 27, 2017
Quote for free Steam code and post when used.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Ugh how I wish more people were playing this to discuss! I'm doing a new home on hard mode, feel like I'm doing great but perhaps not enough stockpiled for the storm. Only had 2 londoners leave which I was pleased with. Ended up with 5 workshops for researching which seems a great idea and dunno why I've never had more than one previously

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Sorry for the bump had to just say I've got a PS5 downstairs in the living room but for past week I've been upstairs on the Pro connected to my 27in curved Acer monitor absolutely hooked on Frostpunk. Just finished The Refugees first time too wasn't too bad. The Arks done me hard when I failed the first time by virtue of 4/5 houses built I had everything else done... couldn't believe I timed out on 1 poxy house. I'm gonna give Winterhome a go tommorow I started it just to see what happens so I can think about it overnight about how to tackle it.

My absolute fav thing is the ending where it describes your story and visually plays out your entire construction in time lapse... so awesome.

Rudr

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Forgot that i had a key for this from a past humble bundle. Tried it out today and loved it. This is addicting lol. First run through i really didn't know what i was doing and my people sent me out to the snow haha.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Forgot that i had a key for this from a past humble bundle. Tried it out today and loved it. This is addicting lol. First run through i really didn't know what i was doing and my people sent me out to the snow haha.
Get used to it! My advice is don't follow any guides, just learn as you go on. Accept each defeat as a lesson. Once you figure it out, you'll start progressing further and further. The less you know the better imo.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Same happened to me but I wasnt such a good sport about it. I shelved the game and came back weeks later, lol.

Rudr

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Just finished. Man that was intense! lol.
I managed to get the food required like a couple of hours before the storm hit and I had a huge stockpile of coal so I guess i was well prepared. lol. Had 0 londoners leave and i leaned on religion heavily. Looking back i wish i invested a little more in automation but overall i think i did well after failing the first time.

Are the other scenarios roughly the same length? Or shorter? A new home took me about 9-10 hours.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished. Man that was intense! lol.
I managed to get the food required like a couple of hours before the storm hit and I had a huge stockpile of coal so I guess i was well prepared. lol. Had 0 londoners leave and i leaned on religion heavily. Looking back i wish i invested a little more in automation but overall i think i did well after failing the first time.

Are the other scenarios roughly the same length? Or shorter? A new home took me about 9-10 hours.

Some of the others are as long, 1 of them is shorter. But mostly all of them are HARDER. Now that you have the general concepts down these new scenarios start REALLY pressuring you lol.