• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What did you think of Frozen 2?

• I loved it!

Votes: 181 30.7%
  • I liked it

Votes: 175 29.7%
  • I thought it was okay

Votes: 170 28.9%
  • I didn't like it

Votes: 45 7.6%
  • I hated it

Votes: 18 3.1%

• Total voters

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tUO7iPv.png

1JddfbV.png

aMNKSQR.png

usb5x3W.png

Z2Su6AZ.png

TXEmIa5.png

As a warning: these songs are more "plot-based" than the average Disney film. You may want to refrain from listening before seeing the movie to avoid potential spoilers.
"All Is Found" - Evan Rachel Wood
"Some Things Never Change" - Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, Jonathan Groff, and cast
"Into the Unknown" - Idina Menzel
"When I Am Older" - Josh Gad
"Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People (cont.)" - Jonathan Groff
"Lost in the Woods" - Jonathan Groff
"Show Yourself" - Idina Menzel and Evan Rachel Wood
"The Next Right Thing" - Kristen Bell
lBX2bRl.png

frozen-ii.jpg
frozenz.jpg
frozen2international.jpg

fp_snowflake_tsr_a1_glowb_1s_v3.0_mech5_rev_fs-1-.jpg
75258544_10157449188201855_6775902197587640320_o-414x600.jpg
76652228_10157449188086855_5075458944986513408_o-396x600.jpg
72460531_10157449188166855_465217096427503616_o-395x600.jpg

74306317_3217108854997084_1539915830551117824_o-412x600.jpg
74209173_3217109004997069_3626575418720518144_o-412x600.jpg
72966461_3217109811663655_8840159541283782656_o-412x600.jpg
74159223_3217109011663735_1990321873992286208_o-412x600.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
~Where the northwind
Meets the sea
There's a river

Full of memory~

This thread will be OPEN SPOILERS beginning Thursday, November 21

Please tag any spoilers before that date.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
oh wow it's this week?

I only ever watched the first movie once sometime after it's home release. Since then my exposure to it has been Kingdom Hearts 3 and videos of the stage show at Disney World (which I recommend watching).

Curious if I should go this weekend or wait out the potential young crowds.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I gave the soundtrack a quick sample listen last night, and it sounded promising! I don't want to listen to the full thing until after watching the movie, though. (except for Into the Unknown - couldn't help myself)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna hold off the soundtrack to avoid soundtrack spoilers just in case

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
BDS I would throw spoiler warnings on both Show Yourself and The Next Right Thing. It's pretty easy to infer things from both of those songs.

~Come, my darling, homeward bound
When all is lost, then all is found~

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Got my wife and I tickets for Dolby cinema on Saturday. May be in the minority, but I'm digging the darker tone from the trailers. From what I've heard of the soundtrack, it feels more broadway than the first movie.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Loved the movie. Can't wait for everyone to see it.

There's a song/sequence near the end of the movie that is just sublime.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Movie was great. Into the Unknown has been stuck in my head all week.

Ah ah ah ahhhh.

I love the little trill that is like half the songs haha.

Glad you liked the movie! I'm looking forward to it!

Loved the movie. Can't wait for everyone to see it.

There's a song/sequence near the end of the movie that is just sublime.

Show Yourself? Really looking forward to that one. It's my fave on the soundtrack. I already know it's going to make me cry lol.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
So, what's everyone's verdict on the new songs? I'm liking Frozen 2's songs better and I might place it over Frozen 1 (and I currently do), and I haven't listened to all the songs yet.

Lost in the Woods is such a cheesy ballad but it works? Like I can't stop listening to it.

I'm sure so many people can relate to The Next Right Thing.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Disney's character animation is still top tier.

Like good lord the microexpressions.

I don't know. I still get a weird feeling watching these CGI characters. It's like watching a plastic doll come to life and move around. I get why kids like it, but to me it's creepy and unsettling and I've always gotten kinda nervous when watching these movies (Tangled was the biggest offender in this regard--it took me three settings to get through that movie because I had to take a break every twenty minutes or so due to being so creeped out by the moving plastic dolls. That was actually the first one of these CGI animated movies I'd ever seen). I've never liked it, all the way back to the Toy Story days. I much prefer the old style of animation. But I've been defeated by history on this one.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I have to wait until next week 28th which is disappointing. In the meanwhile, just playing the songs and soundtrack over again until then.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't open until next week here in Aus, soon as someone sees it I need a detailed millisecond breakdown of any and all Elsa and Honeymaren scenes, looks, micro-expressions, even if they are in the background. I NEED IT!

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't open until next week here in Aus, soon as someone sees it I need a detailed millisecond breakdown of any and all Elsa and Honeymaren scenes, looks, micro-expressions, even if they are in the background. I NEED IT!

I will be on top of that shit don't worry

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Like, the two of them together? Because there's not much there.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Is the scene in the storybook of them sitting by the fire discussing Elsa's mother's scarf even in the movie?
Not sure what storybook, but there is an eleborate scene where the scarf is discussed, yeah.

I'll stop with the spoiler tags now though and save those for the inevitable spoiler thread :)

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Currently in the theater, there's a 15 minute break... is it me or there's way more song than before?

They started the break just after kristof's song... they went all out in this one, i actually laughed

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will probably do the second weekend, when things calm a bit. Excited to take my daughters to the film, since they've only seen the first one a million times.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Loved the movie, but

the ending felt a bit anticlimactic though, everything happened really quickly, i actually wish there were some consequence to all this, like the city actually being destroyed while everyone lives... a bit sad but not depressing
Also Really liked that many music had a leitmotiv!

Still great though, plenty of good songs and great moments! Maybe they should have given a bit more time to the new characters

this is probably one of my favourite :

Last edited:

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Thank you so much BDS for the OT and the OP.

Sooooo much hype I have not seen a single image from this yet no trailer / teaser no song no character reveal NOTHING.
I know nothing but after haveing seen Frozen 1 about 15 since its first cinema release so ready for this :D.

IMAX tickets ready for tomorrow.
Ready to cry and laugh a lot :D

cc Tricky I Shadow we have arrived my friend :D:D:D

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Excellent OT!
8kJjYnV.jpg

My IMAX ticket is so ready! I haven't been this excited for a movie in ages. I've been hearing some incredible things from people who have seen it.

I'm fully expecting this to be the best movie of the year. I'm also expecting it to make 1.6-1.8 billion dollars. I'm HYPED!

Q1tIBUQ.jpg

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so sad that I'm going on a trip and won't be able to see it until mid-December. One of the few films in the last couple of years I wanted to be there day 1 for.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Saw it yesterday on opening night.

Loved how funny it was. The humor often really hits the mark, and Olaf is lovingly annoying. The animation was beautiful too, and for the first time since long I actually regretted not getting a 3D showing, as I feel some shots would be beautiful with extra depth.

But I was disapointed by the story though.
It felt really thin and most of all lacked conflict. Most of the important beats and most of the thematic exploration are pushed into songs, meaning we often just hear the characters sing/tell them, in stead of it being shown trough their actions. And because those songs take a minute or two, it feels like a lot of stuff is solved superquick.
It also lacks a good third act. Once Ana figures out the truth, she immediately knows what to do and just does it without opposition. It's over in 5 minutes.
I did like the end. How Ana and Elsa are now two sides of the bridge between Arandele and the Forrest, but I feel the road to it was lacking

Lol i was the last person in the theater for the post-credit scene, everyone left before it

when there's a lot of people, especially for kids movie, they do a break here, not really uncommon
Crap, there was a stinger? Usually I stay put untill the end of the credits, but I was with friends now and they wanted to leave for a drink. Thought there wouldn't be a stinger anyway.

Can you spoiler tag what it was?

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Saw it yesterday on opening night.

Loved how funny it was. The humor often really hits the mark, and Olaf is lovingly annoying. The animation was beautiful too, and for the first time since long I actually regretted not getting a 3D showing, as I feel some shots would be beautiful with extra depth.

But I was disapointed by the story though.
It felt really thin and most of all lacked conflict. Most of the important beats and most of the thematic exploration are pushed into songs, meaning we often just hear the characters sing/tell them, in stead of it being shown trough their actions. And because those songs take a minute or two, it feels like a lot of stuff is solved superquick.
It also lacks a good third act. Once Ana figures out the truth, she immediately knows what to do and just does it without opposition. It's over in 5 minutes.
I did like the end. How Ana and Elsa are now two sides of the bridge between Arandele and the Forrest, but I feel the road to it was lacking

Crap, there was a stinger? Usually I stay put untill the end of the credits, but I was with friends now and they wanted to leave for a drink. Thought there wouldn't be a stinger anyway.

Can you spoiler tag what it was?

basically that was olaf explaining the last act in the same way he explained frozen 1 earlier, quite funny

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw it with my daughter, she loved it. It is definetly darker than the first and during one longer sequence my daughter was pretty shook (4 years old).
I think Elsa freezing and Olaf dying was pretty dark, especially because the Olaf scene is pretty long. But I though the Lyrics of Annas song after were the best of the movie, very amazing.
Also when Elsa rode in front of the wave something really looked off for me. You have this super realistic water (holy shit it was AMAZINGLY animated) and then a kinda out of place comic-Elsa. But the rest of the movie fit very well from the artstyle

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
I've recently watched the first one in anticipation of watching the second with my little one. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to this.

Nov 13, 2017
Just left. The Show Yourself sequence was FUCKING AMAZING.

Also...someone behind the scenes of this movie was VERY VERY inspired by Final Fantasy XIII-2

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Just got out. Great movie.

-The film is beautiful. All the environments, character micro-expressions and song sequences are striking.

-That's probably the darkest something like Frozen will get. I imagine people dealing with depression are going to connect a lot with Anna's "The Next Right Thing."

-It's also -really- funny. Olaf's recap of the first movie and Kristof's "Lost in the Woods" song made me laugh my ass off.

-The ending is a bit anti-climactic, but the new status quo of Anna becoming queen and Elsa choosing to live in the Forest were pretty risky for a franchise that has so much invested in merchandising.