• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What did you think of Frozen 2?

• I loved it!

Votes: 181 30.7%
  • I liked it

Votes: 175 29.7%
  • I thought it was okay

Votes: 170 28.9%
  • I didn't like it

Votes: 45 7.6%
  • I hated it

Votes: 18 3.1%

• Total voters

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
One week after seeing the film and my kids are still talking about it. They don't understand why we can't just watch it again on the TV >_< . We've got them the soundtrack to tide them over and Into The Unknown is the biggest hit with them. I'm more partial to Christoph's 80's power ballad myself.

They also both want to be Elsa, so their nana got the new Elsa dress for them both for Christmas. Poor Anna is getting left out. Can't seem to find the white Elsa dress from the end of the film anywhere though. Wonder if they're holding it back for spoilers sake?

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I thought it was just OK. There were too many musical numbers and the songs weren't nearly as good, I think they should have cut out a few songs and given more plot space. As someone else said I wish we had seen Elsa grating against her duties or Anna filling in to help out to flesh out those plot points a bit more.

In the more important demographic than a late 30s man, my 6 year old daughter really enjoyed it. She was signing the siren call all day yesterday. My three year old didn't like it, I think parts were too scary for her, so it will be interesting to see if she comes around in a few years (Frozen 1 is probably her favorite movie right now).

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
One week after seeing the film and my kids are still talking about it. They don't understand why we can't just watch it again on the TV >_< . We've got them the soundtrack to tide them over and Into The Unknown is the biggest hit with them. I'm more partial to Christoph's 80's power ballad myself.

They also both want to be Elsa, so their nana got the new Elsa dress for them both for Christmas. Poor Anna is getting left out. Can't seem to find the white Elsa dress from the end of the film anywhere though. Wonder if they're holding it back for spoilers sake?

That is exactly what my youngest asked me right after the movie finished: Can we watch it again? She couldn't figure out why she couldn't watch it at home. Thanks Disney Plus.

diverit

Oct 27, 2017
Watched it a couple of days ago with my wife and daughter. It was good, but plot needed to be tighter. Musical numbers were ok, though none were Let It Go good. I did enjoy Kristoff's power ballad a lot, but that may be because of my age.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
That was a great movie, surprisingly serious/deep by the end of the movie. With some great songs (but again some serious themes).

My kids liked it, might be a little
Scary for a 5-6 year old.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loved it, and will probably need some time to process it, as well as another viewing...

But I think it might just be better than the first one.

I loved that the plot forgoed the traditional villain/ bad guy plot, to just be a journey of self discovery and revealing/ correcting the wrongs of the past.

Ps: darn song "into the unknown" is playing in my head non stop.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed by how quickly this movie vanished from my brain. Only a week later and it's gone.
Complete opposite for me. Keeps coming back to me (especially the lyrics of songs like Show Yourself and Into the Unknown). Can't wait until this is out so I can just rewatch it at home.

legendofgood

Oct 25, 2017
The political message in this film is very important. I'm glad it's reaching a wide audience - especially during this time of year.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Current song ranking:

7. Some Things Never Change. (7/10)
6. When I Am Older. (7.5/10)
5. All Is Found. (8/10)
4. Lost In The Woods. (8/10)
3. The Next Right Thing. (9.5/10)
2. Into The Unknown. (9.5/10)
1. Show Yourself. (10/10)

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
why did Elsa freeze solid in that magic cave? seriously.
Because "Dive down deep into her sound/But not too far or you'll be drowned!"
Also, because "Glaciers are rivers of ice!"
Also, I have no fucking idea. The more I think about this, the less I'm liking it. :/
You're supposed to think bigger than that, she's plugged herself into a global panopticon and has gained the omniscience of a god, so her mortal body is too weak to handle it, but somehow she ends up being able to come out of it as a demi-god. It doesn't really make sense though and needed another fifteen minutes of lore dumps to explain it

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It was just okay. The songs were a massive step down. The story was okay, the characters were okay, the pacing was okay. The only two songs that I thought could stand with the first are Lost in the Woods and Show Yourself.

Oh, and I really hate how Elsa is the one every girl wants to be, when Anna is the one who has no powers but pushes through the pain and is a way more admirable person than whiny Elsa is. She has pretty hair and pretty outfits and can shoot ice from her hand, so she's the one every girl should emulate. Meh.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I were the only ones busting out laughing during the song.

So fucking good. Overall (and I'm not a musical major) I felt thematically the entire soundtrack was superior to Frozen 1 and way more cohesive as an entire operatic score. It also seemed way more complex vocally on the whole.

Obviously Let is Go is a great song but there are just so many more great to good songs in here that tie together well.

Composers listened to a lot of Peter cetera from the sounds of it. Or at least watched karate kid 2 once or twice.

That was my first thought as well. I love this damn song and I'm a grown ass man...Weezer's cover isn't half bad either.

Last edited:

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it! I enjoyed the music more than the 1st, but the story in 1 was much stronger. This took a few stumbles to get going and there was a lack of a villain, but I loved Olaf ("Their parents are dead" killed) and Kristoff's power ballad.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
The whole team that were behind animating Elsa's transformation sequence needs a raise. Her tearing up. The way she pulls her hands towards her chest. It's insane.

I haven't seen a more expressive character sequence in animation from Disney since Ariel sang "Part of Your World." Congrats on making such an incredible moment!

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I was a little disappointed Anna didn't get something aside from a title upgrade while Elsa became Captain Planet.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
I finally saw this today, and yep, it's comfortably the movie of the year.
benImxO.jpg
NewAntiqueAzurevasesponge-size_restricted.gif

Glad you loved it! :D

Truly incredible animation indeed!
Song were fantastic.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the entire Show Yourself sequence was up somewhere :( I want to see it again but don't have time to go for a second round.

Nov 5, 2017
Saw it today. Thought it was pretty great, although they didn't go all in on the ending.
Also
It annoys me a little that their mom is white and as far as I could tell, all the people from the forest are all dark people. Also how did no one notice her stow away in the cart and show up in their kingdom? And then on top of that ends up marrying the prince even though she's an unknown commoner?
it's definitely a stretch for sure.

It's called the writers got lazy and couldn't think of a good way of connecting these two points when it appeared after the final script was written...and also, Disney thought that because this movie is for a younger audience, they could suspend their disbelief....

At least, that is what I am convincing myself of...

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Saw it today. Thought it was pretty great, although they didn't go all in on the ending.
Also
It annoys me a little that their mom is white and as far as I could tell, all the people from the forest are all dark people. Also how did no one notice her stow away in the cart and show up in their kingdom? And then on top of that ends up marrying the prince even though she's an unknown commoner?
it's definitely a stretch for sure.

I could see them not noticing in their rush, but then did she just live on her own on the streets while she was wooing him? There was definitely a plot thread missing there.

As far as we know, Kristoff's a commoner and also some kind of outsider... doesn't he belong to some indigenous tribe that sings the same songs as the forest people? He was also raised by trolls and "talks" to his reindeer, so I guess the people of Arrendale don't care that much who marries who.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see them not noticing in their rush, but then did she just live on her own on the streets while she was wooing him? There was definitely a plot thread missing there.

As far as we know, Kristoff's a commoner and also some kind of outsider... doesn't he belong to some indigenous tribe that sings the same songs as the forest people? He was also raised by trolls and "talks" to his reindeer, so I guess the people of Arrendale don't care that much who marries who.
There are flashback sequences with her mom in the trailers that didn't make the final cut.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
I thought it was ok. The real problem is that for the most part it felt like a retread of the original.

It follows a lot of the same beats, even a lot of the songs sound very similar.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It's called the writers got lazy and couldn't think of a good way of connecting these two points when it appeared after the final script was written...and also, Disney thought that because this movie is for a younger audience, they could suspend their disbelief....

At least, that is what I am convincing myself of...

Yeah I don't want to pick apart the movie too much, but the stuff with the mom is hard to ignore. Or it could have used a little more fleshing out. If they had planned ahead better it could have made more sense. It certainly doesn't ruin the movie for me by any means.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I just got back from my second viewing.
5T6xvU4.jpg

It holds up really well for a second viewing. I think I liked it even more this time since I didn't have to concentrate on the story as much. The movie is rich with details and I picked up on a lot of new things.

The biggest negative is that the film drags on from when the Northuldra are introduced until "Lost In The Woods." As wonderful and catchy as that song is, thematically I think it's kind of dull and just uninteresting.

The movie is at its best when it focuses on Anna and Elsa. Everything from Elsa crossing the Dark Sea to go to Ahtohallan till the end of the movie is Disney at their best. It's perfect.

I even liked "Some Things Never Change" more this time. Oh and after seeing it again, I can say with absolute confidence that "Show Yourself" is Disney's magnum opus. It's the best musical sequence they've ever done and it deserves to be as popular as "Let It Go."

Last edited:

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would be totally fine with Frozen 3 being 100% Elsa focused, feels like she is the only one that could have more stories told about her. Biased I know... but damn if I'm not dreaming of epic adventures for her.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands

HHhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

I just got back from my second viewing.
5T6xvU4.jpg

It holds up really well for a second viewing. I think I liked it even more this time since I didn't have to concentrate on the story as much. The movie is rich with details and I picked up on a lot of new things.

The biggest negative is that the film drags on from when the Northuldra are introduced until "Lost In The Woods." As wonderful and catchy as that song is, thematically I think it's kind of dull and just uninteresting.

The movie is at its best when it focuses on Anna and Elsa. Everything from Elsa crossing the Dark Sea to go to Ahtohallan till the end of the movie is Disney at their best. It's perfect.

I even liked "Some Things Never Change" more this time. Oh and after seeing it again, I can say with absolute confidence that "Show Yourself" is Disney's magnum opus. It's the best musical sequence they've ever done and it deserves to be as popular as "Let It Go."

Well that was fast! :D Awesome.

WELL THEN :D
Disney Hit With Anti-Trust Complaint in South Korea Over 'Frozen 2' "Monopoly"

Last edited:

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just got back. I'm surprised at the positive response, this felt like a movie worthy of a 90s direct to VHS sequel.

Nothing about it was particularly compelling, I'm not sure what the emotional core was supposed to be. I guess we get some lip service about Elsa not feeling like she's where she belongs or something, but this doesn't end up meaning a whole lot.

Anna's boyfriend gets relegated to a proposal subplot that is in no way compelling, and I guess culminates in a mildly amusing musical number that has nothing to do with the story.

Olaf has a subplot about age and maturity that leads literally nowhere. His death scene was laughable, they've killed him twice in two movies.

A lot of plot points seem to go nowhere. There's something about the 4 elements which I thought would be relevant. The fire element turns out to be some lizard who's irrelevant to the story. There's a gust of wind and a water horse I guess.

The songs were not interesting, in fact I thought they were rather boring. Not necessarily because of the music itself, but because it didn't resonate at all emotionally. I can't remember what a single one was about.

Im not sure I watched the same movie as you guys. But I wasn't that big of a fan of the first one either.

1/10
Mess of a movie

Last edited:

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
why did Elsa freeze solid in that magic cave? seriously.
It literally renders her entire trip pointless.

Actually, now that I think about it, after she froze, somehow this triggered the ice statues right in front of Anna in which she immediately deduced the entire mystery and what she needed to do to finish the movie. How are people giving any of this plot leeway? IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017

Actually, now that I think about it, after she froze, somehow this triggered the ice statues right in front of Anna in which she immediately deduced the entire mystery and what she needed to do to finish the movie. How are people giving any of this plot leeway? IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.

Not only that, but in earlier parts of the movie, Elsa's ice magic reveals to her other information about the past, like when they see the ice statue of their young mother and father. There is no clear reason why any of this journey needs to happen. The entire plot is pretty messy, and only Kristoff really has much of an story. And even that is just fine.

Like you said, it really reminds me of the old era of Disney sequels. Like it was designed so that you wouldn't really need to see it.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
As a very mild/passive fan of the first movie, I absolutely loved the second one here.

Olaf was great. Anna and Elsa were both fine. I wasn't a fan of how relegated-to-the-back Kristoff seemed to be, but it was still fun.

"Some Things Never Change" was easily my favorite song. I loved how all of the core cast was able to be in a single song for once.

My two year old daughter absolutely loved it. She has been singing the "Into the Unknown" song ever since. This was her first movie theater experience and I don't think it could have possibly gone better.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Saw it with my niece a couple of days ago. She seemed to really like it! Also it was cute seeing all the little kids dressed up in their costumes run to the front of the cinema and start dancing during the credits 😂

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

Right before Elsa freezes, she shoots that message into the air with ice magic, calls out for Anna, and that snow message finds Anna. Anna recognizes her grandfather and puts some things together. She knows the stories and recognizes the characters.