• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Muse98

May 28, 2020
Good riddance

Now that it's almost November, Summer can go fuck itself. I don't know how anyone could prefer Summer over Fall and Winter. I just got home from a Halloween party and the weather was great 48-54 degrees...everyone was wearing hoodies or light jackets, the faint smell of a fire pit burning off in the distance, nothing beats the cool crisp air of a Fall afternoon/night

We also have Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years eve coming up, numerous triple A game releases, feels as if everything is just better during the fall and winter.

How anyone can prefer the hot, humid and stickiness of Summer over Fall and Winter is beyond me.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I love sunshine and being able to bike ride whenever without having to worry about layering up. Now it's going to get dark at 4 and be cold as shit all the time.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Summer > Winter

KlutzyEuphoricCowbird-size_restricted.gif

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
noooooo summer come back
I'd rather be sweating than cold, also lower covid infections

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I like it cold, but going to work in darkness and going home in darkness is kinda shit. I like my long days, thank you very much

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
OP is on point. I love when I get to pull out the comfy cold-weather clothes.

I'm in California in an area where I can finally stop worrying about burning in a wildfire or being evacuated until next year. The last 5 summers have been bad so I'm full winter and not looking back.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It was 35 degrees celsius here yesterday and it's not officially Summer in Australia till December 1. Fuck Summer. Most winter's days here are between 18 and 24 degrees. we get 90 months of hot to really hit weather and 3 days of winter. I've been wearing the same 3 jumpers for 20 years since I don't wear them enough to wear them out. You either have to be frozen in AC that you can never get to settle on a comfortable temperatore or have the windows open all day in the hopes of getting 15 seconds of breeze. And then the humidity hits in January and you're still sweating in an airconditioned room. I've done a few years in the Northern Hemisphere winter- eh, it's not so bad.

to reiterate: fuck Summer

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
I'm in complete agreement. I absolutely love autumn and winter but particularly autumn. It's lovely here today. There's a nice chilly gust, crystal clear skies and the colours on the trees are magnificent. The only thing I'd take from summer are the longer days. I don't like it getting dark at 5 O clock

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
How anyone can prefer the cold, depression and darkness of Winter over Summer is beyond me.
Because I hate the heat, I hate the bright lights, I hate the noise people make and garden parties where all forms of decency go out the window.

Give me the comfort and rest during the darker days, anytime. The Winter is only 'cold, depressing and dark' if you allow it to be.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
Sleep is better in the fall and winter too. We get more sleep, better rest, and get to spend more time with our closest loved ones. And there are a whole bunch of holidays and fun.
Summer is sleeplessness, people going off into their own directions by travelling away, and hot as hell. Crime in general goes up. Things break because they can't handle the heat. Bugs everywhere.

Summer is objectively the worst season.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How anyone can prefer the hot, humid and stickiness of Summer over Fall and Winter is beyond me.

Sleep is better in the fall and winter too. We get more sleep, better rest, and get to spend more time with our closest loved ones. And there are a whole bunch of holidays and fun.
Summer is sleeplessness, people going off into their own directions by travelling away, and hot as hell. Crime in general goes up. Things break because they can't handle the heat. Bugs everywhere.

Summer is objectively the worst season.

You guys are aware summer is not the same way it is where you are everywhere, right? Summer is awesome in lots of parts of the world. I grew up in France and now live in California and summer in both places is awesome. It's rarely too hot, there's more sunshine, less rain and days are longer. It's not humid, sticky, hot as hell, full of bugs or things breaking because of the heat.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Summer is too damn hot. And fall and winter are too damn cold.

Maybe I should try to move somewhere with mild seasons year round, if such a thing is even possible.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I live in Sweden, and I have seasonal depression (that means getting depressed in winter, not summer)

Sunlight gives us energy and a lack of sunlight is bad.

Also, my body needs more energy to live in fall/winter because of cold

And I have a beautiful body and in winter I need to cover it up

I spend less time in nature in winter, which is sad.

Life is just better and easier in spring/summer. And planting season is fun.

But different strokes you know

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I should try to move somewhere with mild seasons year round, if such a thing is even possible.

California has lots of places that fit that description. If you're like me you'll still complain it's too cold at times, but it's really never that bad. It quickly gets chilly and even cold at night especially in the fall and winter but it doesn't even go below freezing. You can wear comfortable clothes basically all year.

And I've only been there once, but I went to Hawaii for Christmas one year and my mind was blown at how great the weather was in fucking December, and my wife said it's basically the same all year. Closest to perfect weather I've ever experienced.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Winter sucks ass

Only thing I like about it is being able to be a lot more fashionable but aside from that, it's cold and dark. I want to be tan

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Here in the UK it's going to be dark before 5pm every single day from now until 7th February.

It's the worst.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I live in Sweden, and I have seasonal depression (that means getting depressed in winter, not summer)

Sunlight gives us energy and a lack of sunlight is bad.

Also, my body needs more energy to live in fall/winter because of cold

And I have a beautiful body and in winter I need to cover it up

I spend less time in nature in winter, which is sad.

Life is just better and easier in spring/summer. And planting season is fun.

But different strokes you know

I also live in Sweden and I prefer summer over winter and autumn anytime.

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck summer. Heat? Bad! Humidity? Bad! Sun? Bad! Bugs? Bad! Snakes? Bad! Fires? Bad!

All bad!

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
California has lots of places that fit that description. If you're like me you'll still complain it's too cold at times, but it's really never that bad. It quickly gets chilly and even cold at night especially in the fall and winter but it doesn't even go below freezing. You can wear comfortable clothes basically all year.

And I've only been there once, but I went to Hawaii for Christmas one year and my mind was blown at how great the weather was in fucking December, and my wife said it's basically the same all year. Closest to perfect weather I've ever experienced.
Damn that sounds awesome. I bet living in a place without extreme seasonal changes would be a big quality of life boost.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Summer doesn't get blistering hot here. I can go around on my bike, sit on a terrace in the city for lunch, go to the beach etc. I do enjoy the coziness of fall/winter. But after a while the dark, the rain and everything being gray does get tiring. I love when in March/April I can sit outside for the first time with a jacket on and feel the sun for a bit.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to wear less clothes not more. Also as someone who walks to work winter fucking sucks. Slipped on ice last year walking to work and fucked my back up.

Summer is great.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that some people say they hate summer not because of the heat, but because they can no longer hide under bundles of clothes. Been there when I was very young. I do enjoy fall styles, but the weather in January-February? GTFO it is horrendous.

Oct 27, 2017
winter sucks i hate it getting dark at 5:30 in the afternoon the trees are naked and boring looking and its cold as balls on top of fucking snow then to top it off motherfucking CHRISTMAS up in my face everywhere...

NOV-JAN is my most hated time of the year... :/ Im fine with summer i got aircon and the green everywhere is beautiful.. but tbh my favorite season has always been fall...just for the colors and fair weather

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
It's all down to personal preference man. This "I don't understand how anyone can like summer" is so stupid and myopic.

For me, late autumn and winter is like living on a submarine, I hate it. November is probably the worst month. At least December has Christmas and New Year as a distraction. Then in January/February, Spring is on the horizon.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Winter and summer are a month too long in my opinion. I can bear hot, sweaty weather for two months and I can handle cold for two months.

And that's here in Sydney - where "cold" isn't cold compared at all to someone living in Canada or Finland.

Last edited:

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I love summer but for some reason never really take the time to enjoy it. I live on a bay in a tropical climate so this year I'm going to start swimming and kayaking and living it up.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Summer is great when you have a nice pool or lake for swimming. Also, fresh home-grown tomatoes.
I do like fall with the leaves changing colors and nice crisp mornings. I have a wood stove and it gets warm and cozy when cool weather hits.
Spring is the best with the alternating weather, flowers showing out, and the sense of a rebirth.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Gimme Autumn all year round and I'll be happy. Summer fucking blows.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I agree, it's spring here now and I'm going to be depressed come summer.

Give me cold and rainy any day.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
In terms of weather:

Autumn > Spring > Summer > Winter

In overall terms:

Autumn > Winter > Spring > Summer

Winter got something that beats every other season by so much it's not even funny -- the winter holidays. Nothing beats the atmosphere, mood, expected food and everything revolving that. Summer is good because it's the least depressive, you can go to pools and beaches, and... that's about it. Where I live it's a humid mess and cicadas go crazy. Spring is OK, but it involves some pollen allergies that sometimes get me.
Autumn though... autumn got the trees going yellow and red, light rains mixed with sunny days all at a reasonable temperature. It got Halloween which is okay and fun, and overall it just feels cozy like winter without being as cold and dark.