• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't matter how how bad this all gets and how undeniable the science is. Even if Trump and the rest of the right stop experimenting with different ways of saying "It's not that bad." We're still going to have to deal with some amount of these fuckers, probably until the next great pandemic. When they will shift gears and focus their energy on denying this new pandemic.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They already existed, which helped make the global situation the state that it currently is.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As long as they're not in power or widespread I don't think it much matters what the random conspiracy theorist in a neighborhood believes. It's when world leaders (Trump, Bolsanro, Belarus's pres.) spew that type of trash that it becomes particularly harmful. The media signal boosting it and supporting it (Fox News) is likely just as damaging as well.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had someone explain to me that this was created by HRC and Tom Hanks for population control, but sadly they lost s handle on it and now here we are.

Killary Clinton really putting in the work these days. Apparently Tom Hanks too.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
My company is run by a certain religious cult heavily based between Clearwater, FL and Los Angeles, CA, and let me tell you: Them folks don't think the virus is real.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
You could ignore them, though.

Engaging (or even being upset about it) is probably a waste of your energy.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People are already denying it. My favorite is that the gubment is going to mandate vaccines, implanting a 5G chip in the process, and then have the ability to track us forever once the 5G towers go up. Like we don't already carry traceable electronics with us at all times, willingly.

Either way, it's disgusting to deny what's going on. That denial will be responsible for tens or hundreds of thousands of deaths that might have been preventable. Not to mention the overwhelmed healthcare workers that will be traumatized from having to make difficult decisions due to supply shortages, and then having to watch the people they didn't choose, die. PTSD will be rampant among the doctors, nurses, etc. Fuck the deniers.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
We're already dealing with that and more. I saw a dude go on a rant about how hot tea kills the virus and we're all dying just to make Trump look bad. Everything is fucked.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
People are already denying it. My favorite is that the gubment is going to mandate vaccines, implanting a 5G chip in the process, and then have the ability to track us forever once the 5G towers go up. Like we don't already carry traceable electronics with us at all times, willingly.
This is what Scientologists actually believe. Source: my company's CEO and VPs believe this.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Yup they are already out in full force on Twitter. The media is lying, it's all hype, a plot to bring down Donald Trump (lol). Pre-internet these nuts would just be on the street corner screaming this ignorant shit into the void but now they all have platforms to reach millions and a lot of stupid people out there eat it up.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Already have. My brothers are still on that "just a cold" bullshit. Very disappointed in them.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
my parents are deniers. my mom is the most flippant about it and shes the most at risk. it's really upsetting

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Can denying this become illegal? Would make things a lot easier. Doesn't help that it seems to be a lot of Christians pushing this bs.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I think some are past denying since there are chances of getting this "fake" sickness now people are into full blown conspiracy. The one I've seen posted is Hillary and Bill Gates had something to do with making it and it's hard to tell if people are kidding or not but it seems like they aren't l. It's amazing that in this day and age something this real can still be denied

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's a conspiracy by the American Medical Association and the Trilaterial Commission to lock people in their homes while they dance naked in the streets.

Oct 30, 2017
Always amusing to observe how the conspiracy factions never spar with each other.

Those who think this was a manufactured Chinese Bioweapon should actively be arguing with those who think this virus is just a deep state hoax designed to make an ordinary disease shut down the economy to undermine Donald Trump.

Either it's benign or its an act of war. Cmon conspiracy people! Duke it out amongst each other and leave normal people alone.

Aisod

Mar 21, 2020
I have somebody on my fb feed saying this isn'ta virus it is because the government is using 5g to make us sick and control us. Some people are hopeless.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had to deal with them since January.

giphy.gif

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Deniers is how the pandemic spreads. People can carry and spread the virus without having symptoms. As long as people think they're not sick, they deny that they could be spreading the problem.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I'm glued to the Qanon Anyomous podcast's new episodes right now.

Endlessly fascinated by what the crazy people have to say about this one.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We already do deal with those people since a while. Even Era has its large share of deniers.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
This is Nintendo's doing as they wanted to sell more Animal Crossing..

Most of the world needs read-only access to the internet..

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
That's not gonna last long... chances are everyone we know/if not ourselves will eventually be faced with the reality of this virus.

Dying from corona to own the libs will probably still be a reality though, for sure.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

But how could God King Emperor Trump allow such a thing?

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
We deal with ignorants, religious fanatics and backward thinking since the beginning of civilization. This fight won't be over anytime soon.

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
They're already here. Check out #hospitalwatch. Bunch of knuckleheads standing outside ambulance intakes asking where all the corona patients are.

(thankfully they're a small group and the hashtag is shared by other people watching other things at hospitals)

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Covid 19 deniers should be punched in the face like the time Buzz Aldrin punched the moon landing denier.