• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you play SotC on the PS2?, did you manage to beat it?, is TLG's performance on the OG PS4 comparable to SotC running on PS2?, worse?
Its not comparable at all. People just have higher standards today, especially since the game took so long to release.

It also looks deceptively simple graphically towards the beginning with some really jaw dropping moments later on.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Ueda's next open world game -

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32351-1379346389-34.gif

But you feel bad killing them

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I only played sotc on ps2 for a bit as I never owned it until like 2 years ago from what I remember of both tlg tan way worse and was way less enjoyable because of it. Honestly don't think the fps hit 30 a fraction of the time, probably 15-25 for the most part which is...ugh
15-25 FPS sounds on par with the PS2 version of SotC. It looked incredible, with graphics tech found in few other PS2 games (high quality motion blur, HDR, fur) but the framerate was garbage.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
excited to play this in 2025.

ahh too obvious of a joke i see, lol. truthfully though i think his next game will be less ambitious and will arrive in a reasonable timeframe. i will guess late 2019 or early 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe his take on a 'King Kong'? I will play anything this man has a hand on. ICO captured my heart on that demo disc in the PS2 era, ran to pick up my copy when it launched, and have been fond of his games/story telling narrative ever since.

nycgamer4ever

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That looks rather similar to his previous work.

They did, once. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got some other publisher now and is going multiplatform. He is independent now, after all.

I'm not saying it's not possible but what other publisher in these days of deadlines, loot boxes, incomplete games would green light and fund a game by him. Although his games are considered great and have their distinct style that is endearing to many, the man takes a long long time to produce and the games don't exactly light the sales charts on fire.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Nope, I'm not following his next game this time. I'm wait for the first gameplay unveiling.
At least the good news is that he won't be limited by technology this time.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying it's not possible but what other publisher in these days of deadlines, loot boxes, incomplete games would green light and fund a game by him. Although his games are considered great and have their distinct style that is endearing to many, the man takes a long long time to produce and the games don't exactly light the sales charts on fire.

Shadow of the Lootbox. Climb giant lootboxes and look for the weak spots that require you to pay real life money to damage when you do.

raterpillar

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The art looks oddly tacky and stock-photo-y and the figures in the logo just look off - like they were done by someone with no art background. Real weird coming from Ueda.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Nope, I'm not following his next game this time. I'm wait for the first gameplay unveiling.
At least the good news is that he won't be limited by technology this time.

I don't think he'll ever not be limited. When ICO couldn't run on the PS1 they moved it to PS2. SoTC should have been on the PS3 but that didn't exist at the time so look what happened to the fps. Then we all know what happened with TLG. Ueda's imagination is always one step ahead.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think he'll ever not be limited. When ICO couldn't run on the PS1 they moved it to PS2. SoTC should have been on the PS3 but that didn't exist at the time so look what happened to the fps. Then we all know what happened with TLG. Ueda's imagination is always one step ahead.

I think the technology is good enough nowadays to be faithful to his vision.

GonXtreme

Dec 13, 2017
Moscow
Day 0.

If he's going back to the Shadow of the Colossus-esque open world, then it would be really interesting to see how he does it, and what is his new take on the universe he created.

As some other users said, Ueda's King Kong would be more than awesome.

A fusion of his 3 games into one?

Ominous open world (SotC)
Beast character (TLG)
Helping the "weak" (Ico)

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just wanted to know if The Last Guardian made any profit? or is considered as a success in any category?

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
All I want from E3 this year is a reveal of what they're working on. Everything else is whatever to me.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
I mean I'm intrigued but also cautious. More interesting still is another game being teased/promised for 2018......is there any game announced that is explicitly 2019? Even TLOU2/DS for example?

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Wow, if we're really getting another Fumito Ueda game this year. Could that be why the SotC remake came out this year?

We get to play as the girl this time? She looks like a mix of Yorda and Mono.

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
Am I wrong in thinking that it was just a New Year's card and not an announcement for a game this year. Whatever they are doing, I'm definitely interested though. Hope it comes out before PS5.

Suw4rbox

Alt-Account.
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Man, can't wait for Sony's e3 conference. I am beyomd hyped for this game and console exclusive DMC5 showing up there.

OP
OP
Acquiescence

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
They intend to release something this year?! I thought we were lucky just to have it announced in 2018.

That image is very evocative of Mono lying on the altar, but I don't think whatever they've working on has any relation to SotC.

Edit - Oh wait, it's a New Years card, hence the year given. My bad. It's not coming out in 2018 then lol.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Neither Ueda or genDESIGN is working on it. Can't see why Sony would advertise it on their website.
Sounds like a weak reasoning to me. It's still the remake of a game that defined his career and it's coming from a studio part of the same parent company.
It would be weird if he didn't recognize/endorse it in any way.
But I guess we'll see.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It's the girl from SOTC, and it's a prequel of her freeing the Colossus (colossi?) before she was hit with the slumber curse

Last edited: