• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame he turned out to be a scumbag, what a waste of talent. He was great in DBS: Broly, who can be an equal or even better replacement for Broly? But I shouldn't really care about that right now, I'm just glad Funi got rid of him.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Funimation's Twitter not even taking a hit, lmao.
unknown.png

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Alt-Right is starting to pick up on this, already heard one go "This should be Anime-Gate."

I keep hearing about people wanting to start an Animegate, except I don't buy that anyone's going to jump on board with this shit unless they're already radicalized, so who cares.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to hear it. Dude needs to face every consequence going.

Also... out of curiousity I clicked on the Twitter names of some of the crazies losing their shit in the comments of the Funi tweets and I notice a few of the rabid Vic defenders are brand new Twitter accounts... bozhe moi!

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
For people wondering about redubbing, Funi does redubbing with DB all the time, so it's not out of the question that they might redub Broly's lines for the home release.
Toei recently released remasters of all the old movies, so when Funi inevitably releases those over here they might redo Broly's lines in those.
That's the hope, but if it doesn't happen for DBS Broly, I'm not going to boycott it since Vic's already been paid and the majority of the casts were SUPPORTING the victims speaking out when all this blew up.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even realize this. So when they re-release people will have to pay upwards of $500 bucks to buy a copy with this guy's voice. Or does the dub stay with Funimation?
according to the skip beat kickstarter (anime dubbing kickstarter)
in general the parent Japanese companies own all the rights to the dub, companies like funimation just have distribution rights for a limited period of time (usually around 10 years)
in particular with skip beat the parent company only gave them the rights to release it in NA and then used the dub produced to that to sell the rights to release it in other countries to other companies and they didn't see a penny for the dub they helped raise money to produce from those other countries.

unknown.png

this makes me happy.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody go teach Shimada Bin English and get him to dub it. The bonus being he doesn't have to redub the screaming.

Then again, maybe he'd want to.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Given that, from what I'm finding out on here, Vic won't receive any further money for his work on Dragonball Super then by boycotting a purchase simply because his lines won't be re-dubbed is only going to end up hurting the other voice actors on it really, some of whom came out in support of the victims. By harming sales you're just going to potentially cost those other people work in future because another project may not be looked at so favourably.

Some of whom came out as victims themselves.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
unknown.png
Of course, it isn't. Most of those children weren't even alive when Vic was molesting his first con victims and coworkers. They don't purchase merchandise from Funimation, and half of those accounts crying incel tears right now probably don't even know who the guy is other than a shitty dude they're putting on a pedestal because they're sacks of sad shit who aspire to be just like him.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Guess I'm not buying DBS Broly then. Shame, the movie looked pretty good too.
To be fair, it takes a lot of effort to go as far as to replace his voice in already-finished work. The fact that Vic's not coming back going forward is more than enough & I'm glad Funimation dropped him from all future works. My only concern now is if they can swap out Broly's VA for DBFZ, at least for Canon Broly (maybe Non-Canon Broly as well while they're at it).

So I wonder if Viz will try to kick him off JoJo or not
If VIZ is gonna dub the Rohan OVA, I'd expect a recast for that (& any games, if Bandai Namco decides to do English dubs for future JoJo games). But JoJo Part 4 is probably either close to or completely done with the dub for the show itself, so I sadly can't see them re-doing all of Rohan's dialogue unless they want to go the extra mile for the Blu-Ray release.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guess DB Super Broly has made all the money it could at the box office. Better late than never, Funi.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. It was pointed out a few times in the previous thread that Funi may very have just been waiting for the movie to finish doing the rounds in cinemas before announcing this. Just keep boycotting the shows, alt-right man-babies, see how long that resolve lasts you.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Sean Schemmel can do the voice if his Kip Mangina videos are any indication :P

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
For people wondering about redubbing, Funi does redubbing with DB all the time, so it's not out of the question that they might redub Broly's lines for the home release.
Toei recently released remasters of all the old movies, so when Funi inevitably releases those over here they might redo Broly's lines in those.
The home video release of DBS Broly is in a little over 2 months, so I doubt they'll redub it unless they end up pushing it back.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Glad he's done, took far too long and should have happened way earlier before, but I'm glad there's action. I hope the police take a look at the incidents and also right wing Twitter psychos.

Fullmetal Alchemist manga remains the definitive way to go.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
It's been a very long time coming. Glad it finally happened.

Sucks he didn't get kicked right before Broly got canon lol. Oh well.

I got the impression that it was his presence in the Broly movie that kicked off this new look into the graveyard of skeletons in his closet. Or was there some other incident that I missed?

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a very long time coming. Glad it finally happened.

I got the impression that it was his presence in the Broly movie that kicked off this new look into the graveyard of skeletons in his closet. Or was there some other incident that I missed?
The other thread had pointed out that the real thing that kicked it off was another serial harasser in the convention circuit was getting called out for his misdeeds and it helped encourage Vic's victims to come out about what he had done.

Status
Not open for further replies.