• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it gets darker

Legend of Zelda pops pls
tenor.gif

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Or...they're just completely hideous to many of us. People are free to dislike whatever they want. Your crappy attitude is not helping matters.
It seems like a waste of energy to keep hating on Funkos, but that's just me. There are so many other Pokemon toys if these aren't to your liking.

Skronk

Nov 22, 2017
They're probably going to focus on important characters and pokemon in the anime. At least Brock wont have creepy funko eyes.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
It seems like a waste of energy to keep hating on Funkos, but that's just me. There are so many other Pokemon toys if these aren't to your liking.

This like... they're just figurines.
I mean I won't be buying it but I've bought plenty of figurines from them because they're fun. For 99% of people figurines are something fun you buy and display them somewhere random. Most people aren't looking at being serious collectors here.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know, this is one of those very few cases where the beady eyes work pretty well. So does the stance

It's not gonna work with all monsters, so I wonder what selection of monsters/character they'll make

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think they would give Pikachu a unique pose for a Target exclusive. Looks to standard, imo.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Mother of God, lol.

A bunch of whiny nerds who need to get over themselves is all it is.

Oh look, a douche who can't understand the concept of people having different opinions. No one here is saying anything is wrong with liking Funkos, no one is taking anything away from you, but the assertion that non-positive opinions can't be expressed here is ludicrous.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
You really don't need to defend FunkoPop. They, like any companies that rely solely on licensing to exist, don't give a shit so long as you keep giving them money.

If you see value in cheap vinyl figures vaguely resembling pop culture characters that are artificially made scarce to drive up demand, that's your money you're wasting.

If they thought nerds would buy black and white photocopies of their favs with beady black eyes and bobbleheads, they would sell them.

Hopefully you'll at least recycle them instead of dumping them in to landfill.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You really don't need to defend FunkoPop. They, like any companies that rely solely on licensing to exist, don't give a shit so long as you keep giving them money.

If you see value in cheap vinyl figures vaguely resembling pop culture characters that are artificially made scarce to drive up demand, that's your money you're wasting.

If they thought nerds would buy black and white photocopies of their favs with beady black eyes and bobbleheads, they would sell them.

Hopefully you'll at least recycle them instead of dumping them in to landfill.

Excuse me can you speak up I don't think your passive aggression is loud enough.

Because heaven forbid people speak in defense of something they like.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Excuse me can you speak up I don't think your passive aggression is loud enough.

Because heaven forbid people speak in defense of something they like.

You're welcome to defend them, but like ... why? What are you worried people calling them ugly, overpriced, future landfill will do? Ruin their resell value? Destroy the honor of the Funkos?

They're a successful licensing company that sells overpriced bobble-headed figures. They don't care that a few 'whiny nerds' on a forum think they make ugly crap.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, because calling people you who don't share your view of a toy "turbonerds" is real smart. You tell 'em.
I mean, I'd say we're all nerds here.

But making a hobby out of hating stuff other people like is peak nerding imho.

And I have no issue over someone liking or not liking Funko Pops, it's just the circle hatejerk over them that I find weird.

Oct 30, 2017
I missed the bandwagon with these in the collection stakes but these I'll collect.

Still kicking myself for not picking up Ned Stark when I was at Comic Con

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get toy collection. Why? People play with these?

Ain't gonna lie, I sometimes enjoy playing with toys more than videogames again. Could be my nephew's toys or my own grown up collectibles.

I guess Funko got the one property it didn't have. Now it has it all.

But Nendoroids are infinitely better. Funko, HotToy's version, etc are all super lame looking.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Cool, some of Funko's stuff translates really well, others, not so much.
Hope they do all generations rather than just gen 1. Want to see my boy Oshawott, I bet he'd look pretty good in this style.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, a douche who can't understand the concept of people having different opinions. No one here is saying anything is wrong with liking Funkos, no one is taking anything away from you, but the assertion that non-positive opinions can't be expressed here is ludicrous.

Bruh, there are people who flock to these threads all the time to do nothing but spew pure hatred for these things to exist. And they just keep going on and on and on in said threads, and always find their way to threads about them despite their supposed hate for them. If you're just someone with a casual dislike, cool, more power to you. But I think we both know that's not what we're talking about here.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
That is a huge get for Funko. Say what you want about them but they are the kings of licensing.

I'll be interested to see what's in store. Pops are hit and miss with me, I don't tend to like humans in that style as they all look the same, but monsters/creatures can suit the style well.
I adore my set of Sesame Street Pops for instance.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
crazy, i can see the entire pokedex eventually being made knowing funko lol

if the mini funkos of pokemon come in sets that will interesting given the demand for smaller figures.

my only bitch about funko's is how much booth space they eat up at every con/gaming/trade show/collectable swap meet i go to...

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much darker can this timeline get?!
I hope Funko blots out the fucking sun with a gigantic pop figure

Crops turn to ash, the food supply dwindles
The rain turns cold
75% of the world's population dies
Society crumbles into a lawless wasteland

God? No God here. Now hand over you limited edition, Target-exclusive Pink Gold Peach Mario Kart Pop if you want to live

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
My heart weeps for retail workers across the world. "I buyed this here Amiibo for muh sons birfdeh and it dusnt werk! Call menager!1"

Not my kinda thing (I own some proper Poke-Amiibo and don't need to settle for a lesser plastic toy like some filthy pleb :smug ). Hope peeps that collect these are happy though. Not a fan of the retailer exclusivity though. Having to haul ass to several retailers to grab a limited edition anything is already annoying. Being locked into just a few handful of outlets on top of that is super annoying.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man that Pikachu is hideous. I know Funko produces some decent pieces outside of the Pop line, but ugh. Hope this doesn't take the place of some of the nice merch they already sell

Oct 30, 2017
Some of the funko stuff looks pretty cool, but goddamn I stopped getting them because I just can't afford the sheer amount of money. Shit adds up bad pretty quickly.

Jan 4, 2018
That is a huge get for Funko. Say what you want about them but they are the kings of licensing.

I'll be interested to see what's in store. Pops are hit and miss with me, I don't tend to like humans in that style as they all look the same, but monsters/creatures can suit the style well.
I adore my set of Sesame Street Pops for instance.

I'm in this boat. I dislike most of them, but certain things work really well and I like those. So Pokemon could be interesting. I like the idea of a Bulbasaur funko, personally. My roommate likes them a lot more, she'll probably love this news.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Have fun hating, I'm psyched to throw my money at this. :D

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Most Pop figures are ugly and way too expensive for what they are.

I like the current Mighty Muggs much better with their three facial expressions, and have been collecting a few of the Marvel ones myself. I like their design better and the head changing gimmick is really cool and well made. To top it all off they're cheaper than Pops.

SerpentineSereneCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif