• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have any because i don't like the designs but funko pops are kinda cool if you want a cheap figurine of almost every pop culture character. But with pokemon i feel like there are much much better alternatives out there.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I have a ton of funko's but I'm pretty selective with what I get.

Honestly I really like the idea of them, and theres been plenty where it's either buy a funko for a figure from a series/game/movie, spend $300 on a statue, or nothing... And honestly I prefer to spend under $20.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Oh no now they even ruin Pokemon...

They wont stop to make ugly and soulless figures until they even made figures of you, me and the rest of earths population.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Wake me up when they make a Yanma figure. Though it may be nightmare fuel like their Dory pop figure.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Funko

Why hasn't Lego obtained the rights to any of nintendos series yet???

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe I bought those tacky little figures. I dumped the least valuable ones I have and plan to sell the two Pharahs that remain to a collector.

It's crazy how easy geeks are to sell to.

tumblr_p2s74nzwk61t7xksgo1_1280.png

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Here's an illustrated version of why I dislike most Funko Pops:

BtvQgAi.jpg

I always imagine those big, black, soulless eyes on the original character design and it's a nightmare.

There are good versions, but they are either the ones that work with the eyes (WALL-E) or aren't the same human mould (Cuphead, whenever it's something like a dragon or whatever)

Funko's other products are pretty good though so I'm fine with this so long as they don't wind up replacing every other piece of PokéMerch out there (which would never happen). It's also unlikely that other Nintendo properties will be Funko'd, since this is probably a Pokémon Company deal.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get toy collection. Why? People play with these?

Some people never grew out of their childhood and still cling on to the stuff that used to make them happy. Crazy how some people never developed emotionally despite how much their body grew. Them and those video game nerds make me laugh.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
I was talking about specifically about the human pokemon characters, as they only recently started making a line of them. Prize figures have been made, but only at a limited time, and they go for 70$ in the after market now.

Well sure, but all I see in the OP is Pikachu, and you can get a Pikachu that actually looks like a Pikachu for dirt cheap anywhere.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo finally caved into our Funko overlords.

Hopefully a Mario line happens down the road.

Deleted member 30151

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The biggest problem with Funko Pops is what you see and what you get. I can't recommend buying a Funko Online because the displayed product differs from the product you will actually get. The figure you will get is a $15 product produced in Vietnam. Most Funkos do have a horrible paint job or are looking washed out. The worst Funko figure (not a Pop) I ever ordered was the Devil from Cuphead which I returned to Amazon.

But there are many other collections from the Pop series which are looking great. The Resident Evil Pops are awesome and the Nemesis Pop is one of the most detailed Pop figure I ever touched. It's simply a hit or miss when it comes to Funko. You can't expect much for the price but then again, Amiibos are much more detailed with a decent paint job for the same price. If you want more for your money, just support Good Smile Company or Kotobukiya.

I don't get toy collection. Why? People play with these?

I wouldn't call Scale Figures and the like a toy. A kid can't hardly do anything with such a figure because they are stiff/static. Figure collections aren't so exotic. Your view of such a collection is a little weird though. Buying a figurine is similar to buying a flower or whatever, you can decorate your room with them. It's a hobby. It's nothing out of the ordinary.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I respect other people's taste but every time I read comments on a Funko article and the, generally negative, opinions of their figures which I happen to agree with I ask myself...

Who is buying all of their, in my opinion, ugly figures?

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Man people sure are judgemental for people enjoying figures on this forum...

They're affordable fandom, let people have fun.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
In the time it took you to write your angry post, Funko acquired three more licenses. xP

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, just imagine all those souless dead eyed creatures lined up together...

...to buy their Pokémon funko pops.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Well, is there any alternative in a quality/price ratio, outside of Funko? im genuinely interested

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, always the same reaction. I mean I don't even like most POPs but I don't react like this lmao.

This is a pretty big get though, get ready for that bankroll.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
A bit surprised we're not getting a proper Pokemon Amiibo line before...

Anyway, will probably buy a few, don't really like Funko Pops but I still got a few characters that I like.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love all the people who nothing to do but complain about this (everything really). Popular thing must be hated. I have no problem with this. Funko everything.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
That Pikachu looks bad cause it's too skinny
Fat Pikachu would've looked great with that face.

And yes I have a whole collection of Pops, my favorite being the large sized BT mech from Titanfall 2.
Not sure why people get angry about toys that don't effect their life at all but whatever.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I love all the people who nothing to do but complain about this (everything really). Popular thing must be hated. I have no problem with this. Funko everything.
Yeah. If a figure is too ugly I just skip it. Who cares. My girlfriend and I have built up a decent collection, about 30 or so between us (mostly hers).

Personally I was ecstatic when I walked into a Target and found a Monkey D. Luffy one for sale. Like I didn't even buy it but the fact that I could just walk into a normal department store and find merchandise of my favorite anime was a nerdy revelation. It felt like my thing suddenly became everyone else's thing and that felt awesome. But I know some people hate when their fandoms go "mainstream" so whatever.