• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Funko makes some cool stuff. I really dig their Hikari line. It's so painfully 70s/80s.

gigantorhikari__35877.1425671832.386.513.jpg

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
I love all the people getting bent out of shape and seemingly upset that Funko exists and people are buying their product. Go outside, get some air, maybe do a little yoga or meditate for a few and have a good think about how you're doing (mentally and physically). Woosah ya'll lol

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I dont really like the funko aesthetic but its not a big deal to me anyway.

What i am curious though is how they manage to get licenses for so many popular franchises of every branch in media? It's honestly baffling. In a day and age where many people have trouble to license even minor things from big companies funko got their fingers on pretty much all the pies.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
What are these called? Can you still buy them?

Kotobukiya makes them. Same guys that have made amazing comic book stuff in the past (and still do). Red is getting/has had a re-issue so should be easy to get still. Lillie might be the tricky one, not sure. Blue/Green is due at the end of the year. If you want anime related merch in a similar vein, then Megahouse G.E.M do Ash and co.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Most Pop figures are ugly and way too expensive for what they are.

I like the current Mighty Muggs much better with their three facial expressions, and have been collecting a few of the Marvel ones myself. I like their design better and the head changing gimmick is really cool and well made. To top it all off they're cheaper than Pops.

SerpentineSereneCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

I feel like this relaunch ended up being a bust. My Target is already putting them on clearance.

I loved the original Mighty Muggs too. Not really feeling the new ones.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
how is funko still a thing

Well great, now I get to see terrible looking Funko Pokemon figures that I'm sure one of my friends won't shut up about.

Stare into its vacant, soulless eyes and know true despair.

These figures are hideous and low effort. Why must they taint Pokemon now?

Truly the darkest timeline.

It looks like a cheap happy meal toy.

vader.jpg

These are the only ones that genuinely look very good. But of course they couldn't just let that be, so now they are making a cereal...

Those things are such low effort, hideous cash grabs...

They somehow managed to ruin even Pikachu

God have mercy on us all...

Pops are bad even for their price and that Pikachu looks to continue the trend.

The. Worst. Fucking. Timeline.

How much darker can this timeline get?!

I don't get toy collection. Why? People play with these?

Funko are just ulgly I don't like them

Get rid of these abomination

That's the ugliest thing I've wver seen. How do people buy these

Oh no now they even ruin Pokemon...

They wont stop to make ugly and soulless figures until they even made figures of you, me and the rest of earths population.

Fuck Funko

Why hasn't Lego obtained the rights to any of nintendos series yet???

I can't believe I bought those tacky little figures. I dumped the least valuable ones I have and plan to sell the two Pharahs that remain to a collector.

It's crazy how easy geeks are to sell to.

tumblr_p2s74nzwk61t7xksgo1_1280.png

who the fuck still plays with toys

I respect other people's taste but every time I read comments on a Funko article and the, generally negative, opinions of their figures which I happen to agree with I ask myself...

Who is buying all of their, in my opinion, ugly figures?

Funko pop is the worst thing to happen to merchandise ever.

STOP! PLEASE I BEG YOU!

This is the darketst timeline.

This... everytime I goto a 20-30 year olds house and see a wall of these, I shake my head. Probably the tackiest "collectible" out there after empty liquor bottles

funko-pop-shelf-funko-pop-shelving-unit.jpg

This is how many people came into a thread discussing a new line of a product only to post that they hate all of that product.

Get over yourselves and let people have fun, the sheer amount of drive by posting in this thread of people whining about something others clearly enjoy is absolutely absurd. We get it, you don't like it, you don't need to say it in every thread.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as easy as it is to make fun of pop figures, I don't actually hate them. all the hate they get feels like crybabying to me

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
A NSFL tag would have been nice. I'll need eye bleach to remove that Pikachu from my mind.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
I have regretted most of the Funkos that I've bought. The only ones I really still care about are from franchises that are too obscure (or otherwise underrepresented) to get better quality figures.

I'm sure these will do moster business, but I don't see myself buying any.

Seperately, this topic makes me wish there were more Figuarts and Nendoroid Pokemon figures.

29Cf0lg.jpg

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

What i am curious though is how they manage to get licenses for so many popular franchises of every branch in media? It's honestly baffling. In a day and age where many people have trouble to license even minor things from big companies funko got their fingers on pretty much all the pies.
Snowball effect.
Once they were lucky with a few and became popular, all the companies wanted to sell with them.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I had the meme making abilities the perfect one would be:

Car salesman: *slaps box of Funko pops* This bad boy can trigger so many ResetEra members.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This is how many people came into a thread discussing a new line of a product only to post that they hate all of that product.

Get over yourselves and let people have fun, the sheer amount of drive by posting in this thread of people whining about something others clearly enjoy is absolutely absurd. We get it, you don't like it, you don't need to say it in every thread.
It's an announcement thread. If they come out with a good looking Funko Pop, I'll make sure to say it. In fact, they have a couple that I think look alright. But to ask people to not comment on an announcement on a forum is ridiculous.

Also,

Pingsock.png

Oct 31, 2017
My girlfriend has walls of these things. Pikachu being Target exclusive means you will not see it.

What should a 20-30 year old collect instead?
Amiibo

Experiences. Better yet, interest.

I'm alright with collecting as a hobby, it is when my little brother talks about how much these things will be worth in the future that I start rolling my eyes.
These things seem to hold value. My gf could sell for a profit. (Though, that's not why she collects them.)

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017

So I must have missed the part where this was a funko circlejerk thread and that no criticism was allowed.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I have regretted most of the Funkos that I've bought. The only ones I really still care about are from franchises that are too obscure (or otherwise underrepresented) to get better quality figures.

I'm sure these will do moster business, but I don't see myself buying any.

Seperately, this topic makes me wish there were more Figuarts and Nendoroid Pokemon figures.
That reminds me I have that Nendoroid pack just sitting in my closet unopened from when it came out years ago, I need to make some room on a shelf for them.

Also, these Pokemon funkos seem kind of appealing to me, but I just don't have the space for pretty much anything else at the moment. Would really be interested in an Evee though.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't want to go through 5 pages of "Funko sux" drivebys, but... did anyone figure out HOW this made it all the way to a store before it even got officially announced?? Real question I want to know, because it's strange... it has a DCPI too, so it's not a fake.

So I must have missed the part where this was a funko circlejerk thread and that no criticism was allowed.

Reading "Pops suck" EVERY time they get mentioned in every thread gets very overdone and tiring...

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Didn't want to go through 5 pages of "Funko sux" drivebys, but... did anyone figure out HOW this made it all the way to a store before it even got officially announced?? Real question I want to know, because it's strange... it has a DCPI too, so it's not a fake.

No clue, cause that's a royal fuck up of the highest order. Our Distribution Centers are going to catch hell, especially the one that services that store.

Oct 25, 2017

I assume it's because their products sell pretty well. You'd be shocked at how much the average person collects Funko pops.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm never really in any Funko Pop threads. And I am disappointed in the product because the Pikachu Funko does look cheaply made and painted.

Oct 25, 2017

Reading "Pops suck" EVERY time they get mentioned in every thread gets very overdone and tiring...

It does happy sometimes, but I do agree how this happened to a big box store.

I know a couple of months ago Hasbro accidentally shipped the Marvel Legends Apocalypse wave to comic shops in Canada. They made a statement saying it was supposed to be shipped out yet. So I assume it was just a mistake.

But it's clear Funko has these things ready to go.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
This... everytime I goto a 20-30 year olds house and see a wall of these, I shake my head. Probably the tackiest "collectible" out there after empty liquor bottles

Thrilled to see that Era's judgmental attitude towards plastic prevails.

Pokemon is gonna be a goldmine for Pops. The next batch of Overwatch ones are great; I feel like video games are generally what they do best.

Experiences. Better yet, interest.

I'm alright with collecting as a hobby, it is when my little brother talks about how much these things will be worth in the future that I start rolling my eyes.

Yes, god forbid you have to talk to your brother about something he enjoys.