• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
DWStqisU8AAqYgR

For a brand that's basically dead, just found it weird.
Nintendo isn't on the list so it's specifically earthbound.
Wonder why they'd want the license now all of a sudden.
From the end of the OP's thread:

If it's a mistake, it's a really weird one.

Last edited:

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Where's my gun (Oh wait Reggie is hiding it with Mother 3 Hostile)

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
That's a terrible move from Nintendo, but it's not like we ever expected them to take care of the Mother IP in a sensible way.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Nintendo is positioning EarthBound as a brand first rather than a game?

We might get Amiibos and a bunch of merch based on a re-release of the SNES game on the Switch before they even get to Mother 3.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
From the end of the OP's thread:

If it's a mistake, it's a really weird one.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. If that license was even a thing for western companies it'd be ridiculous not to let reid and co. have a whack at it. They know it better than anyone. I have a feeling Funko wouldn't even take the time to make longer eyes to at least get that part of the look right.

DrazilKaj

Oct 25, 2017
Early leak for "Earthbound 2" merchandise obviously.

...I joke but it actually might be possible.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is Final Fantasy the only remaining major franchise not licensed by Funko?

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At least it's a series where the design fits. May grab a Ness.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Never would have expected that, but I guess it's fine. This is an IP where I think the Funko style could work for the characters, plus I'd be happy seeing something EarthBound-related on a store shelf in 2018.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I'd like to see Nendoroids of the playable cast in mother 2/ Earthbound. Funko POP figures are just ugly to me.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"content providers whose properties were associated with products sold in 2016"

I mean

in 2016, they had a Lucas from Mother 3 amiibo released

does that count?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean,

They'll probably nail the Starman and Mr. Saturn Pops, I guess??? This is so weird lol.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I doubt they will be anywhere near those Banpresto vinyls that were made a few years ago:

mother107ap1e.png

(Not my pic but I have Pokey and it's perfectly made)

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Get ready for a Ness Pop with soulless voids in place of eyes that's impossible to balance because of how top-heavy the head is..

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Was there an official announcement or something? I find it kind of hard to believe since Nintendo hasn't let Funko near any of their brands before.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. If that license was even a thing for western companies it'd be ridiculous not to let reid and co. have a whack at it. They know it better than anyone. I have a feeling Funko wouldn't even take the time to make longer eyes to at least get that part of the look right.
The circle eyes are part of Funko's entire core look, however, they did change them to squares recently for their Minecraft Pops so you never know. They have upped their game immensely from even a year or two ago. I just picked up one of the Monster Hunter Pops (Zinogre) and it looks incredible, if it wasn't for the eyes you'd probably never know it was a Funko Pop.

I doubt they will be anywhere near those Banpresto vinyls that were made a few years ago:

mother107ap1e.png

(Not my pic but I have Pokey and it's perfectly made)
A coworker has a bunch of these in his office, they look phenomenal in person. So incredibly jealous.