• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sold at Gamestop and Hot topic too

God help us, also missed opportunity for Hal'Os

Funko, purveyors of pop culture and all things awesome, is committed to helping you start the day off right by putting the fun back in breakfast with FunkO's. And as we all know from Saturday morning commercials; every breakfast starts with a bowl of brightly colored cereal that comes out of a box with a really cool mascot on the front and a prize inside!

Funko is kicking off this summer with six new FunkO's cereals, each guaranteed to turn your milk a different amazing color. Funko has no shortage of beloved mascots that already feature largely in the Funkoverse as Pop! vinyl figures and other collectibles. Now these pop culture icons will join you for breakfast!

In July, Mega Man FunkO's will be available at GameStop, Cuphead & Mugman FunkO's will be available at Hot Topic, Freddy FunkO's will be available through Funko, Nightmare On Elm Street's Freddy Krueger FunkO's and Friday the 13th's Jason FunkO's will be available at FYE, and The Lord of the Rings FunkO's featuring Gollum will be available at BoxLunch. Additional cereals will continue to be added throughout the year for your snacking pleasure.

And of course, to put the fun back in breakfast, each box contains a collectible prize, making the boxes as much fun to collect as they are to eat! You'll find a collectible figure inside every box of FunkO's, so you're going to want two boxes – one to taste, and one to display on your shelf with your Pop! collection.

Pick up your first box of FunkO's this summer, pour yourself a bowl and watch cartoons!

33694_35173_MegaMan_FunkOs_GLAM_GS_large.png

33643_35168_Funko_o__cuphead_FunkOs_GLAM_HT_large.png

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
I actually love the design of those boxes. They would be perfect if they had real Mega Man and Cuphead artwork instead of those ugly Funko renditions.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
why
why
why why why
.gif

I mean.. in actuality, why not, I guess. But I don't know that I'd buy cereal from a Gamestop or Hot Topic.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
These aren't "mega man" and "cuphead" cereal... It's colored cheerios with those characters on the box. Even nintendo understood you at the very least need marshmallow shapes to call it 'XXXXXX' cereal.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That Cuphead box art is fucking fantastic.

Definitely going to grab these. Trying to complete my Mega Man Funko collection. Just grabbed this:

black-hole-bomb-8-bit-13-6418-1.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what I'll buy it.

No other reason then I can keep my cereal box collection growing.

Put it right next to the Mario and RWBY cereals.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Just on a side note, can someone explain Funko pops to me? Does anyone think they actually look cool?

Yep. I mean, there's not much to explain. Lots of people like them, some people don't. Some characters translate well to the design, some do not.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/funko-ot-1-in-6-chance-this-thread-is-a-chase.977/

Feel free to check out the thread over in Hangouts. :)

(I personally think Mega Man translates better to Funko's Dorbz rather than Pops.)

0004351_megaman-funko-dorbz-collection-set-of-4_550.jpeg

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No marshmallows, just blue and red cheerios?

Put some goddamn effort into your cereal, Funko.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cuphead translates so well because all they really had to do to convert him into a Funko Pop was remove the white part of his eyes.

Funko made non-Pop figures as well
cuphead-funko-pop.jpg

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Probably tastes as disgusting as it looks too: Boo-Berry and Franken Berry knockoffs without the marshmallows.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
"BRB gonna go buy some cereal."
- Can you get some Milk too?
"PFFT They don't have milk at Hot Topic, mom"

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
While we're on the topic, they announced their video game related Pops from San Diego Comic-Con this month. They will be at GameStop and I will have both of them.

30894_overwatch_SOLDIER76_Grill_POP_GLAM_SDCC_large.png

30110_Destiny2_SweeperBot_POP_SDCC_GLAM_large.png